Team Kios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Altaria: An Oasis Forsaken

+4
Derekjay2000
Sammich
keya
ConradCorax
8 posters
Go down
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Altaria: An Oasis Forsaken Empty Altaria: An Oasis Forsaken

Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:50 am
There are no rules in a world that’s broken.
You can hear no song in a world that’s broken.
One cannot reign in a world that’s broken.
Trivial worries cease to exist in a world that’s broken.
All are lost in a world that’s broken.
Hope has long passed in a realm that’s broken…

Or has it?

After all, what better world to build than one that’s broken?

Altaria was once a beautiful oasis. A bustling world filled with water, greenery, and life. Now everything has changed.

The once beautiful world has been in shambles for a great and many years. Cities have crumbled, countrysides have disappeared, and understanding of previous technological advancements seem to have been long forgotten. Practicing magic in such hopeless conditions seem to be far more trouble than its worth.

But why did this happen? What happened? Perhaps a singular event took its toll on the paradise planet. Then again, perhaps too many things to count are to blame for such deviation.

Only one thing truly matters.

What happens to civilization now?

Welcome to my roots as an RPer! The very first RP I ever joined was Lexia’s Open RP, and I honestly think that’s what we need right now. We’re all getting so caught up in good storylines, and detailed posts… We need a way to kick back and be lazy. Let’s build this world together, in thread.

For those of you who don’t quite understand the concept of an Open RP, consider it as playing a simple RPG… Only ignoring the main storyline, and focusing in on the side quests.

The only premise is the setting, and getting your OC approved. This is supposed to be laidback and more slice of life-ish than Eon and KA. A breather thread. So why you guys can battle and have rivalries, no OC of significantly high standing or OP magic will be approved.

Have fun and be creative.

OC format:
Name:
Special Skills (If any):
Theme Song (Optional):
Background:

No more than a paragraph for the background. This is for fun. Don’t overthink anything.

Thanks for joining!
keya
keya

Altaria: An Oasis Forsaken Empty Re: Altaria: An Oasis Forsaken

Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:38 am
Hey thanks for the dedication! Here’s ya girls oc

Name: Milan
Power: Broker of barriers, knowing & understanding all of the languages in Altaria.
Special Skills: Problem solving, and making pastries
Background: Milan grew up playing a significant role in her fathers pastry shop, with hopes of expanding it throughout all of Altaria until the apocalypse occurred.
Sammich
Sammich

Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:08 pm
(Just gonna leave this here)

Name: Aris
Power: Cloud Cover, can procure and manipulate clouds and fog.
Special Skills: Writing, juggling and knife throwing
Theme Song: The Poet by Bastille
Background: Aris was born to two actors within an acting troupe in Altaria. He grew up to write bits and productions for the troupe. The troupe has since disbanded and his parents lost to the destruction of society.
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:47 pm
Name: Kaylee
Power: Shapeshifter
Special Skills: Tech Salvager, Map Maker, Staff Fighter
Background: Before disaster struck Kaylee had a peaceful, and happy childhood. Her father was an engineer, providing well enough for her mother to stay home and take care of her and her twin brother. However both her parents lost their lives in the chaos, leaving her and Nathan to fend for themselves.

Name: Nathan
Power: Illusionist
Special Skills: Chef, Seamster, Duel blade Welder
Background: Same^
Mr. Relax TM
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:11 pm
Soul, the unspoken capital city among the wreckage (ironically) resided in the heart of what was left of Altaria. It was a complete dump, scattered with tunnels clear of debris that Kaylee had become obsessed with exploring. Much to his annoyance. Nathan had never understood why his sister had picked such a name or engaged in such a dangerous activity to begin with, but he knew better than to question her map making. It was one of the only things she still held passion for. Along with salvaging that is. Everyone needed a hobby in such disheartening times.
“I’m back.” Speak of the devil. Turning as Kaylee drug a large hunk of metal into the semi stable home they’d found a few days back, Nathan sighed. “Come on Kay, you’re gonna make this old place collapse with all this crap.” He muttered under his breath, before face palming. “Last time was a pretty close call you know.”
“I made it out didn’t I? Besides it’s not trash, it’s technology! Dad used to work on this stuff!”
“Yeah, but...” With that the conversation always ended. He couldn’t bring himself to go there. Shaking his head with a wide lazy grin, he gestured to the pot of stew he prepared. “It’s dinner time! You know the rules, no work at the table.”
“Agh, you sound like mom.” Kaylee groaned while adding the panel to her collection, but returning to her brother’s side.
“Well someone’s got too!” He laughed brightly, before tossing her a new shirt. “Speaking of I made that for you!”
keya
keya

Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:05 pm
-
Scene
-
What would it take to go back in time?
There was nothing Milan missed more than the colors of her childhood. Vivid greens, pinks, whites which all turned into ashy versions in her current memory.
It was bitter.
Knowing the potential of the beauty the world could hold, and not being able to do anything about it, made her so incredibly sad. There’s this one saying that goes: You never understand the true value of what you have, until it is stripped away.
And it’s so true.

Milan practiced her art in appreciation, even while she was the only one in her place of residence. There was just simply nothing to do except perfect the only thing hobby she was good at: baking.
Nothing compared to the way time melted away at the seams, when her focus was devoted to her craft.

Milan was especially lucky to be able to keep the home she grew up in even after the apocalypse occurred. Her home was above the pastry shop, and because of the structural integrity of it, the building maintained its shape.
The only downfall was waking up scared, to attempts of  wanderers breaking in downstairs trying to scavenge for whatever they could muster, or even birds entering from the holes in the ceiling but that happened rarely. Other than that, she had a pretty strong place to call home.
She just naturally  craved company at times.

With a sigh, Milan ran her fingers through the bowl of lollipops which laid atop her night stand. Choosing a worthy contestant then unwrapping it, she popped it in her mouth—lollipops were by far her favorite sweet.

That day was the day Milan had to go grocery hunting, and the best place to do so was the trade market—because normal grocers simply didn’t satisfy her needs with pastries. Truthfully, she was really craving macarons.

With a second sigh, she lifted herself off the bed and gathered trading materials, which unusually were running low.

Da** these stupid mugglers!

With her contempt mood completely ruined, Milan  irritably headed out the door—
this was gonna be a long day for sure.

Last edited by pichute on Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:28 am; edited 5 times in total
Sammich
Sammich

Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:37 pm
In the dim light of the tunnel the sharp sound of ripping fabric reverberated. Aris tosses aside the damaged parcel packaging, in his thoughts a prayer for paper. The bag itself had been damaged, ripped and dirty. He could only hope it had done it's job and protected it's valuable contents.

He frowned, his brows furrowing through his white bangs. There had been some, but it was already occupied, covered in someone elses notes. Seemed the package had belonged to an student before, scientific scribbling and diagrams that made no sense to Aris consumed the yellowed pages. Perhaps he could erase the contents and use the paper for his own use. But something in the complexity of the images and the incomprehensible knowledge within them.

"Something poetic about it." He mumbled ominously, turning the pages upside down (or atleast what he thought was upside down). He swung his own pack around and stuffed the notebook inside, a relic like this could offer him inspiration in times of creative drought.

He moved stood and moved onto the next bag in the pile with the same hopes in mind.
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:10 pm
“I don’t know how you do it, but it’s amazing as per usual.” Kaylee sighed after taking a bite of her stew. She’d never figured out these types of things. While Nathan seemed to be naturally gifted at everything homemaking, she ruined just about everything she touched. Especially when it came to cooking. Though she did her best to help out around the house by hunting and gathering when she went out. Even so, edible food was hard to come by... The rations she collected never seemed large enough to prepare the meals he always managed too. “But how-“
“Never ask questions, and you’ll always enjoy your meal.” It was his usual response, which she’d given up arguing over. As long as he was eating it as well, she’d learn to just accept the mystery meals. After all, a meal was a meal. Not many survivors were able to come home to supper everyday without worry. As lazy as he was in most aspects of his life, she was grateful to have Nathan as a companion.
Taking in a deep breath as she nodded, Kaylee grabbed her staff before heading towards the door. “I’ll go secure the area-“ She started quickly, before her brother stepped in front of her. Much to her constant annoyance. At least this was one aspect of life he took a manly approach on. “We’re not having this argument again. Once dusk falls you stay inside.” He ordered sternly, before sighing himself as he picked up his blades. “I’ll be right back. If you hear anything, stay put.”
And with that he headed out.
keya
keya

Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:35 pm
-
Scene
-
 Milan’s mind was on two objectives:
1. To secure some new trading material, and 2. to successfully trade.
She was especially in a crummy mood knowing that she would have to scavenge until late to find the materials, and maybe even explore new grounds.
 Since the macarons became a flop, she decided to scavenge and visit the midnight market for more refined cookery items. Truthfully, the midnight market was quite dangerous, but it was extremely worth it when you knew what you were doing. You could score double the rations—especially in food—for half the price. Milan was absolutely advantageous in trade, in every way possible because of her avid problem solving and her specialty in languages—in fact she could get a way with trading a lot of things, but the only thing she was interested in was sweets.
(Fun fact, the midnight market was where she scored most of her supply of lollipops.)
 Because Milan lived on a constant sugar high, she needed to expel the energy she did somehow—but that also meant when she was out of energy she was K.O—so she had to be cautious.
Milan decided the best way to make use of her time was to go east and scout neighboring areas for some loose valuables.

Honestly, she wished her hobbies included something more of practicality  like being invisibile  or never ending energy but alas here she was, always monitoring the energy she would expel.
Twirling the remains of her lollipop in her mouth, she looked around the area, it was really interesting mostly because it seemed to be purely metal remnants—it was also quite dark so she couldn’t make out the details but it seemed in the distance was a little abandoned hut. She put her hand on her flashlight waiting for a perfect timing just incase something happened.
As she neared the hut, a sudden beam of light went off. Milan, now nearly in cardiac arrest, grabbed onto the nearest wall to catch her breath.
But to her demise, it was nothing but an unstable vertical surface, and she landed on the ground in clumsy commotion.

who let me out of the womb, honestly

Quickly the beam of light faced her, with a prompt “Who’s there?!”
Sammich
Sammich

Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:53 pm
Still rousing through garbage, Aris looks up for a moment, the hopeless of his task finally setting in. Maybe it would be smart to call it a night, the evening seemed to enclose on him. But he was desperate for material, a crisp page of untainted paper. The ideas in his head rolled in and out, the notion he'd initially set out to put on paper was gone, replaced already by his ever roiling mindscape.

"Perhaps the market..." He mused quietly. Paper seemed a more expensive commodity, especially full notebooks. He doubted he could even afford loose leaflets of paper. In his past each time he'd gone into the market for paper, he'd come out broke. But still with paper. Was it worth starving another week?

"Yep." He answered his own question aloud. He did his best to navigate the waste of civilization. On foot Aris felt as though he was on the right track, letting paths forged by other travelers guide him. He heard the distant milling of people, only a few and he avoided it best, giving the a wide birth. But then a voice rang out, just over a decrepit wall. A girl from the sound of it, Aris froze on the spot, not daring answer her question. Instead choosing to remain completely silent.
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:47 pm
It was pretty common for foragers to pass by their nick of the woods on the way to the market, so most of the time he was pretty lenient when it came to letting strangers stroll by. However when the came too close to the house, or halted for too long, he was given no choice save to confront them. Hold one of his blades of over the fallen intruder, Nathan immediately held his light over the figure before relaxing slightly. A girl, and a clumsy one at that. Even if she had ill intentions, he was pretty confident that he could take her.
“I should be asking you that, your on my property...” He started before raising his sword in the other direction. The other one passing through was quieter, but he knew enough to be wary when someone halted. “Are you an accomplice? Come out, I have your partner. I’m not looking to start anything, but I won’t be taken advantage of either.” He warned in a low flat tone, his gaze shifting to the wall between himself and the remaining stranger.
keya
keya

Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:52 pm
-
Scene
-
Milan gawked in the shadows confused at who the boy was talking about, which was great considering she had an excuse to consume the seconds as much as she possibly could, to figure out how she would reply.
After giving up on finding the person in the shadows, ignoring the potential danger like an idiot, she sheepishly smiled letting out a nervous laugh, “Sorry, I was merely scavenging and since it’s dark, I assumed your property was an abandoned site.”
She respectfully bowed and got back up “I assure I am a lone traveler, no accomplice or anything just searching for trading material-“ when she finally looked at the boys face, she was suddenly taken aback at his handsomeness. This boy would be so useful in the midnight market, all the women traders would shower him with cookery.
The demon on her left shoulder now in full gears, Milan shoot her shot.
“Saaaay, by any chance can I make it up to you by inviting you to the midnight market?” she smirked “that’s where i’m ultimately headed and whatever you get is all on me!”
She let out a mental chuckle at the irony, because in fact if he did choose to come, what he would get would literally be on Milan.

Now smiling like an idiot, she tried to appear as perfect as she possibly could. “I’m positive you can trust me, not to toot my own horn, but I am basically the best”
ConradCorax

Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:13 pm
OC format:
Name: Sebastian Solous
Power: Puppeteering: (He’s got those magic fingers) His magic lets him form thin invisible strings to cling light items giving him the option to manipulate them at a distance.
Special Skills (Quick thinking, Voice Acting, and Pupperteering):
Theme Song (Optional): Seven Deadly Sins Op 1
Background:
Sebastian grew up learning his fathers own talents as a street performer. Lacking his fathers more traditional stage tricks, he found himself learning more about putting on shows with narratives and morals. He enjoys the happiness his little insignificant job brings in passing people these days. Everyone needs something to smile at in such a terrible time of this era.
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:42 am
(Keya)
“I wasn’t talking to-“ Sighing as the girl continued to ramble on, Nathan found himself rolling his eyes. Women. With all her chattering it was hard to hear whether or not the other person had moved on or stayed put. Leaving them both in a dangerous situation. “Listen will you be quiet for one-“ Trying once more as the girl suddenly switched tactics, the young man found himself at a loss for words as she repositioned herself on the ground. Was she actually hitting on him in this situation? Only a fool would fall for such an obvious trap. A complete imbecile. The apocalypse was no place for dating. Still, she didn’t appear completely insincere. “Maybe we got of on the wrong foot, the name’s-“ He started in a flirtatious tone, completely lost in the moment as a y’all burly stranger cut him off.
“For the love of Altaria, can you be a man for once in your life?”
(Allie)
Silently slipping out of the house in the form of a rat at the sound of banter, Kaylee watched the scene unfold for a few moments before heading towards the wall. While not superhuman, Nathan did have excellent hearing. Meaning that there probably was someone behind the wall. An accomplice or no, a threat was a threat. Given how quickly Nathan was swayed by the ‘damsel in distress’, she had no choice but to step in. “Don’t move.” Shapeshifting into a large man, the young woman pinned the stranger back against the wall with her staff in a swift movement. “Just a moment.” Finally poking her head around the old wall, Kaylee chastised her brother.
(Both)
Blushing slightly as he finally processed who the ‘stranger’ was, Nathan quickly attempted to defend himself. “What, I can’t date? But I suppose you can then? And I told you to stay inside!” He huffed, finally sheathing his blades before hesitantly extending a hand to the fallen unnamed stranger.
“You said that, because... Wait, why are you helping her up?!”
“You told me to be a man!” He interjected, his expression now painted in aggravation.  
“Nathan, do you even have any functioning braincells left in that big head of yours?!”
“Apparently more then you, coming out in a potentially dangerous situation!” The young man groaned, softly sighing as he ran a hand back through his hair.
“Argh, I’m saving you! You-!”
(Allie)
It wasn’t worth it. Nathan was a lost cause. Without her his laidback attitude would’ve gotten him killed a long time ago. Turning back to the boy she had pinned to the tree, Kaylee found her lack of concentration forcing her back to her true form. Not good. Oh well, too late now. “What’s your name, and why are you here?!” She demanded sharply, now standing at a whopping 5’ 5” as she forced the boy to say in place.
keya
keya

Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:26 pm
-
Scene
-
Expecting to hear the boys name, Milan jumped back when her expectations were met with a complete whirl of events.
She examined the situation quietly at first, soaking up each bit of information, only to be met with utter confusion.

So.. the man who jumped in.. is actually a girl?

Soon, as she began to shift back into her normal physique, she seemed to have resembled the boy feature-wise, but it was still quite hard to tell in the darkness.

Slowly, the situation began to make sense as it continued onward.
If the banter with the boy, wasn’t clear enough they were siblings, or maybe cousins, Milan’s entire perception of reality had to be skewed.
Based off of the series of events, Milan assumed the boy was on patrol and the two resided in the same area.
Quite honestly though, the snarky replies the two volleyed at each other was quite the entertainment; Milan absolutely couldn’t take the two seriously.

Worryingly though, it was beginning to get close to the time the midnight market would open, and somehow Milan had to figure out a way to get the boy to come.
Now that it was clear he had someone to take care of, it would prove to be a challenging task.

She examined around the area once again as best as her eyes could decipher.
That hut had to have been where they resided.
With a twinge of guilt for her own selfish desire, her motive quickly shifted in a mere second to a genuine chance to help these two. Perhaps it was off of her own loneliness, but she couldn’t stand seeing two healthy people live in scraps of metal.

First step: establishing trust.
Milan gave a warm smile to the boy for helping her up, “The names Milan by the way,”
She quickly said as grabbed her flashlight and switched it on. In order to establish the trust, she wanted to help the girl get a better view of the other trespasser.
Honestly though, the fact she didn’t even notice the other person was a scary thought. Milan glanced back at the boy and for a split second, fear shuddered through her body. She couldn’t back out though, so she stepped forward, shining the light to the strangers face.
Sammich
Sammich

Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:42 am
Aris tried to regulate his breathing, to be as silent as possible. The masculine voice that interrogated him sounded as if it belonged to a large man. Aris swallowed. He couldn't best anyone in hand-to-hand combat. He had some height, but he was lanky and relied on distance in any fight. He stayed still despite the warning, maybe the girl he had caught would distract him and Aris could make a get away. But alas, twas not meant to be.

There was a flurry of movement and suddenly Aris was pinned, he struggled against the being but for not. Somehow a large man had snuck up behind him.

"Please don't kill me-" He managed with shaky words. "I was just..." His focus drew to the exchanged between the strange girl and the man over the wall. What had he stumbled upon?

He lessened his struggle as the pressure on his neck began to wane. His body was rigid as the form holding him firm shrunk down, over a whole head below him. In the darkness he could make out feminine features and the voice to go with it.

"Uhm, hello ma'am-" He said awkwardly. He lifted his hands in surrender, "I was just passing through to the market please don't hurt me." The final phrase was quickly spouted but sincere nonetheless. He feared he would die without seeing another scrap of paper.
ConradCorax

Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:59 pm
The familiar bustling noise of the local market fills the crowded streets of a small collection of shatter concrete buildings resembling a modern shopping mall. People from all walks of life sold any and everything worth their weight in barter. The occasional merchant sold general goods of a more generic nature. A couple of venders held fire pits behind their stands roasting a interesting assortment of small critters on a stick. Apparently, rat were on sale this week if the trade is made with scrap metal. A few beggars rest between the stands trying to put on a convincing pity act in order to drum up anything people were willing to drop off. Despite their appearance, these beggars were a good source of information. A fact known to anyone with enough skill to be a proper thief.

Sebastian made the most of the crowded streets using his own talents to get by. He set up a small stand between a large shop selling mystery meats of color ranging from pink to blue. His little stand held a set of puppet of dressed in peasant cloak with a tan sheet for a background. His little show needed the input of a an old book reenacting the little events within a 45 minute period. His act went well until a raggedy black house cat wanders up to him with wide eyes. It jumps up on the table starting to bluntly smack the puppet looking to tear up the arefully made outfits into shreds. His little show did not get him a lot of money, but it rewards Sebastian enough money to pay off his bills a food until the next project.
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:50 pm
Carefully pulling the young woman up, Nathan found himself smiling slightly as she finally gave her name. Milan. It was a name he’d never heard before... While there was a spark of excitement in the unknown, there was also something comforting in familiarity. Unlike his sister, he preferred the later. That being said, there was still plenty of mystery surrounding the girl.
With a name like that, she had most likely traveled to the capital for the market. Originally residing elsewhere. Though she’d clearly been living in the area for quite sometime if she already knew how the trading worked. Or perhaps she had actually just arrived? That would explain why she’d requested his accompaniment.
The market wasn’t a place to travel to by yourself, unless you knew it by heart.
Going to the market alone instantly marked you as a target.
You might as well be wearing a sign on your back that says ‘I’m defenseless, rob me first.’
“Is that so? Well it’s a pleasure to meet you Milady.” He whispered with a soft smile, rather found of his wordplay. If she actually stuck around, he’d call her that from now on.
Raising and eyebrow as she suddenly flickered on her flashlight, Nathan grew more stern as she began to move towards the tree. For a few moments he only observed her, not sure which side she was truly on. However he’d step in immediately if something should happen.
To his surprise, it was never necessary.

This wasn’t what she’d expected at all. Staring blankly as the stranger begged for his life, Kaylee found herself signing as she slowly pulled away from him. “Honestly, how did all the men die in the apocalypse...” She muttered to herself in disappointment, before running a hand back through her hair.
Then the other intruder approached, shining a light on the boy in front of her. “Look I’m not going to hurt you.” She finally consoled the poor lad, carrying her gaze to meet his once more. This time being able to make out the features of his face. If his behavior wasn’t enough to discern his true intentions, the terror in his gaze was a firm confirmation. Actually causing her to wince with guilt.
When did humanity reach such a point?
Only expecting the worst in others, rather than helping each other in times of crisis.
“...I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to... I’m Kaylee, that’s my younger brother, Nathan.”
“Yes continue to hold that minute over my head, it’s very mature.” Nathan huffed from behind her, before gently patting the man’s shoulder.
“Sorry man, we were just being cautious.”
Sammich
Sammich

Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:37 pm
Aris heaved as sigh of relief. The strange girl's words had comforted him some. He found them to be genuine of first impression, the adrenaline in his system dying down. He fell to his knees, gripping his still pounding chest.

"Thank you for your mercy ma'am." He groveled. Couldn't hurt to sympathize to her good nature some more.

His head bobbed up as introductions were announced. "Milan..." He whispered, glancing back at the vague form in the dark. "Nathan..." He chewed each name strangely, as if they were uncommon (which one of them seemed). "Kaylee..." His gaze finally rested back on his former captor.

"I am-" He began, heaving himself from his knees, "I am Aris." He gave a humbled nod. "Aris, Nathan, Kaylee, Milan." He pronounced each syllable. "No it should be, Nathan, Kaylee, Milan and Aris. That one has the best flow don't you think?" He asked Kaylee, his eyes alight with an idea
Derekjay2000
Derekjay2000

Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:57 pm
OC Hub:

Last edited by Derekjay2000 on Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
keya
keya

Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:55 pm
-
Scene
-
Glancing swiftly back at Nathan, a slight blush quickly flushed the apples of Milan’s cheeks the moment she was called “Milady.” Indeed it was a clever play on her name, but she felt a surge of awkwardness overcome her and she didn’t know how to react. Milan hoped a nervous chuckle would suffice, and very luckily was interrupted by the commotion in front of her.

The stranger, now released from fearsome grips of the girl, introduced himself. As soon as he did so, Milan couldn’t help but let out a small squeal at the sheer wholesome energy the guy was emitting. Aris, a cute name for an adorable boy. The way he repeated everyone’s names and his general persona reminded her of a little kid, in the most endearing way possible.

Before she could say anything to Aris, her old alarm on her stopwatch began screeching, signaling it was not close to the market opening. Swiftly patting herself down, Milan tried to locate the watch on her person and silence the annoying sounds. She never seemed to fail to embarrass herself at the worst timings.

Milan began getting antsy. Although her needs from the market were the priority, she really wanted to help out the siblings—and the person who would bring in the most goods had to be Nathan. But there was only one way he would come indirectly: taking his sister.
Before she went with her decision, she examined her very closely and even factored in her scary shapeshifting abilities.
Yes, it could definitely work.

With one short breath, Milan invested a good amount of energy into what could have possibly been the best acting she’d conducted in her lifetime.

“OH MY GOD CODE RED, AUNTIE FLOW JUST CAME TO TOWN!!!!”
With that, she snatched her hand and began sprinting towards the direction of the market. She slipped a wink in her direction signaling it was out of the realms of malicious intent.

DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:49 pm
Blanking staring at the boy as he rambled, Kaylee opened her mouth only to close it once more. How could she have ever seen this boy as a threat? If anything he was hopelessly eccentric, and lucky to have survived as long as he had based off his graveling. Not only that, but he had referred to her as ‘Ma’am’. Clearly the apocalypse had yet to shape this awkward boy into a hardened man. That was something he shared in common with her brother. “Any arrangement of names is fine, so long as my name comes before Nathan’s. Other than that I don’t see why it matters in the slightest.”

“Oh, of course that makes a difference-“ Nathan started sarcastically, though fell silent as Milan suddenly shrieked. “I’m sorry, who-?” He questioned as the girl suddenly grabbed his sister, and bolted. In an instant his expression hardened. “Hey wait a second- Aris, help me!” Calling behind him as he raced after them, anger lit his expression. “Give my sister back!”

Kaylee had a hard time processing what was happening as she found herself being pulled away. At very least she knew what the girl meant, unlike her brother. “Come on, with the current state of the world is it really necessary for women to continue going to the bathroom in pairs?!” She demanded in a huff, though calmed as the girl winked.

They weren’t going to the bathroom, were they?
Sammich
Sammich

Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:31 pm
Aris looked at Kaylee a moment, eyes unblinking. Could she really not see the importance in the order of names? "But what if I write a story, I have to make you all sound heoric in a way, it's the nature of poetry and all epics-" He began and trailed off. Happy to hear that the strange man, Nathan, was on his side. "Thank you." He muttered softly.

The events unfolded quickly around him, so much he was just left with his hair slightly askew and his face aghast. "Huh." Was all he could muster at Kaylee's sudden kidnapping. Nathan shouted for his assistance, which confused him. Aris remained struck for a breath, already the others gaining out of sight. He looked back briefly, he could run now and continue his search. But he turned back, following Nathan where he'd run off too.

It was truly beautiful when the a story wrote itself before his eyes.
keya
keya

Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:00 am
Look too hard at a mirror
and you’ll find a stranger,
somewhere deep within those eyes—
that’s where the world’s worst critic lies. (1/1)
-
Scene
-
As if Milan became a child once more, laughter rung within the rush of silence, breaking its stature.
For the first time ever, she had finally been able to attend the market with company. It was almost exhilarating, yet it had a twinge of discomfort since she was so used to doing it all by herself.
Bittersweet.
Quite honestly, she was afraid of its outcome—but if she could score something to her newfound friends she would feel accomplished. It was odd how comfortably trusting she was around Kaylee, it was as if she felt an obligation to care for her, in a friendly way. It was so strange.

Milan came to an abrupt stop as she was still mindlessly clutched onto Kaylee’s hand.
Her eyes were completely rounded in utter joy, what lay upon her was exactly the reason why the market was her favorite place, the smell was unlike any other—with wafts of exotic flowers overpowering the entrance.
A huge grin snuck onto her face and stretched from cheek to cheek. The mere commotion, and quiet buzz of the people within, and the mere colors of the vendors products was enough to make Milan feel like she was on top of the world.
Sometimes she almost wished she had constant sources of exquisite goods so she could’ve been a part of the selling aspect, but attaining tradable items was quite the excitement all in itself.
With a giddy glance, she looked over at Kaylee. “Name anything you want!! By the end of the night it’s yours, I guarantee it!”

Although it sounded like she was babying Kaylee, she was just was excited for a challenge.
And in the spirit of it all, she unwrapped another lollipop as she waited for her response, still gleaming with excitement.
Milan definitely needed all the energy she could get.
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:22 pm
Blinking in attempts to process where they were, Kaylee found herself beginning to feel rather giddy. This was definitely not a bathroom. “The market...” Whispering softly as she glanced around in awe, she slowly glanced back to Mina. Anything she wanted?
For so long she’d dreamt of coming to the market, but it was dangerous. Nathan had always been afraid of what would happen to her if they went together. Something about kidnappings, and other terrible actions taken against women in their current society. No form of government meant no laws, so some questionable practices had started to form if you wandered too far into the market.
It lead her to question who exactly this girl was. Claiming to go by herself on a regular basis. Was she daring or naive? Only time would tell.
Then a voice filled the air behind her. “Kaylee!” Grunting slightly as Nathan roughly tugged her behind him, she waited patiently as he scanned Mina off as well.
“That wasn’t funny, the market is no place for a lady...” He started sternly, glancing around the market before his sister gasped. Turning as she ran over to the nearest stall, his complexion paled. “They have a mother board! Nathan I need these!”
“Kaylee!” He tried to warn her, though fell silent as Aris finally caught up to them. Some help he’d been. Though he had to give him points for not abandoning their strange group completely. This would actually work out better. With a group of four they stood a rather good chance of being left alone. Only certain officially allied groups would massively outnumber them, everyone else should be around the same size.
Taking in a deep breath, the young man slowly raised his hands in surrender. He’d only been to the market once, and he’d hated it. While some saw it necessary to survival, he saw it as a way for the scum of the earth to gather. He’d seen some thing that he prayed they wouldn’t come across again. “Fine, we’ll walk through this section of the market, but everyone stay together.” He ordered through a sigh, before shooting Mina a slight glare. “No more stunts.”
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum