Team Kios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Echo of Nothingness (EON III) Continuation

+10
keya
Jove
DannyGirl~
Iskios
Aimi99
Atlas
Voca
Naro
Derekjay2000
Sammich
14 posters
Go down
Iskios
Iskios
Admin
Admin
https://teamkios.rpg-board.net

Echo of Nothingness (EON III) Continuation - Page 13 Empty Re: Echo of Nothingness (EON III) Continuation

Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:55 pm
With Cherokee's arrival, Kios' mind was put at ease because he knew without a shadow of doubt that Danyell would be alright. He was however still ignoring extraneous stimuli due to being hyper focused on his wife's condition. And so August healing Solomon, August's words, and the large gale of wind that tore through the house all passed without more than a moment's thought from Kios. It wasn't until Danyell yelled for barriers that he really looked up from his wife at the scene around them. Cherry had already been torn away but Kios stood steady as he held on tightly to his wife and put up a thin veil of shadows around just the both of them. It seemed their "assailant" had elected to protect the most vulnerable herself. As debris came down upon them the veil stretched and bunched up deflect it.

"Eve," he said, noting that she had indeed arrived. It was obvious why she was here, it was obvious that she would come here, and it was obvious that all Kios cared about at that moment was ensuring no further harm came to his beloved wife. "Knowing when to give up is important when you're facing a god. Knowing when to give up when your means no longer justify the ends is even more important." Kios would fight if he had to, but all he saw in Eve was desperation and it wasn't the kind that gave someone strength. She was desperately trying to find a reason to make all this strife worth it but he doubted that she could find one. "Eve, if Jove were to act up again all of us supposed 'Heroes' would stand against him again. That is because most of us fought to survive, we fought to create a world where we could actually live and there was nothing to gain from continuing down a path of vengeance. Do you really think we didn't consider killing Jove right then and there!?" Kios at the very least had spent a great deal of time leading up to the final fight 20 years ago thinking about doing just that. The question of how to ensure they could actually kill him was a tricky one but what lay in wait if they managed it was his greatest worry. In many ways Jove wasn't the scariest entity out there... Kios had learned that during that year that he was 'away'.

Kios looked on in awe at the great surge of power that burst forth from Eve's body as soon as she plunged the dagger into her chest. Kios had always been attracted to power, and back when he was deciding whether he would pursue Jove's death, the idea of killing a god had certainly enticed him. But by that time he had already found something more important to him and so he continued speaking. "At the moment that we defeated Jove, I could feel the danger of the crossroads we were at. I picked the safest and most certain path, it was the most bloodless moving forward. It was the one that would allow us to lives the lives that we sought after! I never considered myself a Hero because I would be lying if I said the main reason I fought Jove wasn't for my own sake and the sake of the one I had fallen in love with. But that doesn't mean I didn't care about the people who were sacrificed to Jove's rampage. I just felt that the best way to honor them wasn't revenge, but instead to ensure as few lives were destroyed by him moving forward. Attempting to extract complete vengeance would have broken that vow. How many more lives need to be trampled before you realize we have peace now!? We could see the terrible path that attempting to kill Jove would take us down... and you're living proof of that folly. There will always be another foe, another villain to take down even if you managed to kill of Jove. All you've accomplished so far is trampling down on more lives and destroying yourself. Going down this crazy path of revenge, leaving a trail of destruction through everything you pass by, could never accomplish what you were hoping for."

He watched as she spewed forth her threats and attacked Rohan and then August. August was getting easily overwhelmed, Eve's ancient power cutting through his essence deeply. If Kios wasn't holding Danyell he might've stepped in himself but he couldn't leave his wife by herself now especially because her condition had only worsened when Eve stabbed herself. He was reminded of Danyell's story about how her father had taken his own life with a sword in front of her, and understood why she was uncontrollably shaking. He embraced her even more closely and whispered to her, "Please hang on tight for a little longer, it'll be over soon." A person in Eve's state, it was something that Kios had seen many, many times in his youth and he knew the difference between someone who really wanted revenge and one who didn't. Eve made the mistake of trying to turn her fury towards targets that weren't the true source of that wrath, it never worked out. He watched as she lost her will to continue and began to plummet. "There is a way to create a world where the children don't have to suffer because of the gods. There are ways to help the world recover without causing this much more bloodshed and conflict. But if the time comes again when a fight has to be had, we would answer that call."

Since as far back as Kios was alone he had been searching for his parents, for his family. That search led him all across the continent and towards Jove who was inexplicably connected to him and through that he happened upon a group of unique people. By the time they had defeated that god he had realized the true target of his lifelong search. That fight gave him closure on his parents through the memories of them that he was finally able to relive. It gave him an answer to why he'd been searching for Jove. But the biggest revelation was that it opened a door to his future, the one where he had his own family with Danyell, and he wasn't about to led that close too.

Alex's plea brought his attention back to Eve's lifeless body. "Don't worry, I said it before but I wouldn't accept her getting the easy way out while leaving everyone else with the consequences of her choices. Even if Cherry surely hates Eve more than anyone else in the world right now. Cherry-" he called out but Cherry was already there. He spoke briefly to Cherry offering all that he could at this very moment, "I'm sorry." The neighborhood was destroyed, the front of his house wasn't spared either, there were injured and the potentially dead, but this saga was over even if it was a lot shorter than it felt. He noticed Solomon, unconscious, but now sporting two normal eyes. He'd have to keep a close eye on his nephew. Tendrils of darkness materialized and enveloped Danyell, Cherokee, Solomon, and Eve before sinking down into the ground. Then they were gone, arriving at the hospital moments later.

(When Danyell Woke Up)

Kios awoke to the most familiar sensation, his hair getting ruffled. The smallest hint of a tear shown at the edge of one of his eyes when the first thing he saw was his wife's beautiful smile. "I missed you Danyell." He chuckled softly before noticing that something was different about her, "Oh! I like her hair like that."

He stayed silent as Cherry and Danyell spoke because he had nothing more to say about Eve. He really couldn't blame Cherry for how she felt about Eve, he felt the same when it came to Zofia but even he wasn't as close to his sister-in-law as Cherry was. He spoke up as Cherry left the room, "You're not a bad person Cherry."

Kios caught his wife as she leaped out of bed onto him, holding her closely as she cried her heart out. When she finally began to recover he let out a hearty laugh at her words, smiling he asked "What are you apologizing for? It's ok to cry, I'm just glad I finally get to see you smiling again. Though if it didn't wake up there was a chance I'd have destroyed the country," he added with a light chuckle.

"Oh yes, I did promise you a date." He said as he helped her to her feet. Her next words almost caught him off guard. He patted her head, "Oh you, of course I know how much you love me. It's written in your eyes whenever we happen to lock gazes from across the room. I've heard some lovebirds say before that they wish they lost their memories so they could fall in love all over again, but I wouldn't need that to happen because I fall in love with you again every time I open my eyes."

"For our date I was thinking we could go to that super expensive restaurant up the mountain with the freshwater spring and all those beautiful trees that you've been talking about wanting to go to since it opened!" Kios held Danyell's hand as he continued. "I've also been thinking about something else we could do, something we haven't done in a long time. What say we go on a trip? Explore the world again but this time without having to try to save the world or something, just for fun." He paused for a moment, almost like he had remembered something, "Though you know, I have a feeling we're going to be taking care of a lot of children in the coming year."

Kios laughed once more, then planted a kiss on his wife's lips, "Well we can think about that later... going home sounds like a wonderful thing right now."

End again.
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Echo of Nothingness (EON III) Continuation - Page 13 Empty Re: Echo of Nothingness (EON III) Continuation

Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:30 pm
This wasn’t good. Groaning as she pushed herself up from the sink, the raven haired woman winced while holding her head up with a hand. That morning marked the fourth day of this sudden sickness. Nausea, odd sense of appetite, and several other distinctive signs. Her sense of dread grew everyday the symptoms failed to pass. It wasn’t like her to panic, or care too terrible much over anything pertaining to the consequences of her actions. However this was a special case. Delilah simply didn’t get sick.
“...F***.” Muttering softly as she turned away from the mirror bed her, the young woman closed her eyes tightly in concentration. What would Orion? No, Orion wouldn’t have gotten himself in this mess to begin with. Cursing repeatedly as she turned back around, a loud shatter rang through the air as her fist stuck through the bathroom mirror. Looking into it the maiden only saw the face of another. Her birth father. To think that one day she’d become the person she hated most... Worse, she hadn’t even noticed until it had come full circle.
She grit her teeth while drawing in deep breaths, before finally pulling back. It stung slightly, but the pain was nothing compared to how she felt in that moment. “Who would have thought, after all this time...” Chuckling darkly as she cupped her bloody knuckles, Delilah slowly shook her head. It was long ago that she made the assumption that she was infertile. An assumption that apparently came back to haunt her.
How would she explain this to anyone? Orion... Thea... And Morningstar of course. Despite taking a liking to him that week, she hardly knew him. Could she count on him to be a father? How could she when she herself had no desire to be a mother? Not yet. Raising Orion was one thing, he was a naturally gentle and caring soul. Like his birth father. What if her child was like her? The thought made her stomach drop.
Hopefully Morningstar was an even better person than she’d given him credit for.
Suddenly a knock sounded from the door, one which she ignored. She wasn’t in the mood to see anyone, even if it was the hotel staff simply doing their job. However as it sounded a second, and than a third time, she grew impatient. “What?!” The young woman snapped after bolting to the door in a blur and ripping it open. Though her tone and posture softened in an instant upon coming face to face with none other than Orion.
“It seems your hangover is particularly bad this morning.” The younger man chastised while carefully examining his sister. She was a mess. More so than usual if that was even possible. “Shut up, and get in here.” Eyes widening as she yanked him into the room before slamming the door, Orion grumbled softly while brushing himself off as he released him. That was when he noticed it. The distinct lack of empty alcohol bottles usually scattered across the floor. Followed by the smell of a clean and quite sober Delilah. Which could only mean one thing. “We have another mission?”
In that moment she had wanted to come clean. She needed too. Orion deserved that. He’d actually make a better uncle than her a mother. She knew all that deep down. However as she finally parted her lips to speak, she found herself slowly shutting it immediately after. How could she burden him with this? He was already basically parenting her, even though originally she’d tried so desperately to reverse that role. Her brother was great in every way she wasn’t, and that was why she couldn’t tell him. He had a good future ahead of him, she would bet anything on that. Following her path would only lead him to ruin. After all, he was still a teenager. He deserved a childhood.
“Solo mission. Afraid this one is much longer than your little trip.” She forced her usual bragging tone, before winking. “What? How much longer?” Anyone would’ve been able to make out the absolute horror in his gaze. Honestly it broke her heart, though she held her reaction back. They were going to have to learn to be apart eventually... Though she wasn’t anymore enthusiastic on the idea than he. This would be the longest time yet. She didn’t now how he’d take. “...A year.”
“A year?!” It was hard for her to read his expression. Angry? Mourning? Scared? Maybe all of the above. She was never able to decide, as it faded as swiftly as it had appeared. “You can’t do a year long mission alone. I’m coming too.” Finding a way to be so completely levelheaded in such a situation, that was just like Orion. Slinging her bag over her shoulder, Delilah sighed softly before shaking her head. “Can’t help it. Thea’s orders.” She whistled softly through a cocky grin. This time his expression was very clear. It was the same face he made every time she mentioned Thea. Hatred.
Untying a heavy sack of gold from her side and chucking it at him in one fluid motion, Delilah smirked as he fumbled to catch it. “Won all that in gambling this week, it’s more than enough to get even a d*** brat like you through the year!” She boasted proudly before slapping him upside the head. “So don’t you go crying about how I never do anything for you!” For a moment her gaze hardened, though deep down she was just giving him a hard time. It was one of the only things she still enjoyed throughout the years.
“I’m being serious De-“ Orion started before finding himself promptly cut off.
“So am I! You’re so d*** clingy! Go get yourself a girlfriend for Thea’s sake!” She snapped back before shaking her head. “19, and you’re still flaunting that V card? How unmanly! Go pick a girl up at a church or something. Someone that sensitive and weak would suit you perfectly.” It wasn’t a rare occasion for her to speak frankly with him on that particular matter, so she wasn’t surprised by his lack of reaction. Secretly she just wanted him to find a girl that had nothing in common with her. Someone like that could finally give Orion a good life.
“Delilah!” Running her hand back through his hair as he attempted a sterner approach, the woman gently kissed his forehead before heading to the door. “You’ll be fine. You’re a fine young man Orion... Every bit as much as your father.” Tossing a piece of paper at him as he raced forward to stop her, she then disappeared in a blur. Though she wasn’t nearly as fast as her brother, she knew that’d do the trick.

Gritting his teeth in frustration as he reluctantly grabbed the folded sheet, Orion halted in his tracks. At first he feared it’d be blank, though this time he was surprised to find Delilah’s effort had been genuine. Though faded and worn, he recognized the photograph within his palm immediately upon opening it. A family portrait. Their father holding Delilah with a grin proud grin, while his mother cradled him as an infant. He had no memories of that family. The massacre had happened when he was still the infant in the picture, so he honestly wasn’t sure how to feel upon gazing at it. He wanted to be sorrowful, to mourn... But it just never happened.
His sister on the other hand was a very different case. Her shining grin in the painting told him everything she would no longer say. Along with how careful she guarded her mother’s old journal. Everything he knew about their family, he’d learned when she entrusted it to him to ensure its safety. Perhaps it was abuse of said trust, but he couldn’t help but read it on those rare occasions.
“...He was your father too.” He finally whispered softly, before clutching the sack of money with one hand.

Sneaking into Jove’s castle not once, but twice, that week told bounds on how desperate Delilah truly was. Normally she’d wait and corner Morningstar in town like she had been doing that week, but how her patience had evaporated. She’d already sent a message to Thea. This was the last step.
How living in such a massive castle could bore him to the point was depression was beyond him. No. Things weren't always like this, he had once liked the palace, despite hating most of it's residents. (*cough* Jove and August *cough*). It was just that after meeting that woman, everything else had become bland.
He was just about to lie down when the girl plummeted onto the bed beside him. Speak of the angel.
Slipping into his window silently, the maiden dropped beside him on his bed after falling through. “What’s your schedule like today?” She continued on causally, not giving him a moment to react. “I’m not good with the ‘romantic’ side of things, so I’ll just get to the point. I was thinking the weather is nice, there’s not much to do... It’d be a lovely time to run away together don’t you think?”
"Run away together", the thought had crossed his mind more than once before, but he never actually considered making it into a reality. What would his father think?
He took in a deep breath. "Yes. Let's leave."
That was something she hadn’t been expecting. Simply blindly agreeing to run away with her... He really was something else. Suddenly it didn’t seem fair to keep her news a secret until they left. If he was going to be this open with her, than she was going to have to do the same for him. That was only fair.
“Morningstar I’m pregnant... I don’t want you to see this escape as all fun and games... The situation isn’t ideal, but still, we’ll make the best of it. Unless you’ve suddenly grown fond of this stuffy palace and unjust treatment?”
Even she had seen it in just a mere week of knowing him, the way other’s looked at him. The bastard son of none other than Jove. Though it was something she understood from her childhood. After all, she too was a bastard. “Let’s get out of this place... I only have a years time for now, but... Maybe a little after that we can talk about making it last... Longer.” Briefly meeting his gaze, she then reached out for his hand while opening the window. However was soon tugged back towards him.
He had to take a moment to regain himself. He was going to be a father. He hugged her, "this is amazing. The best news I've heard since... since I don't even remember."
It was the complete opposite reaction of what she’d been expecting, of what she herself had had...
That gave her hope.
She prayed the child would grow to be like him, and that he would live up to her expectations. That somehow in her twisted life she’d found an exception to her view of men. Slowly returning his hug for a brief moment, she then hesitantly pulled away before taking his hand firmly. This time they really had to hustle, before Jove noticed her presence. “Come on, let’s get out of here.” Was all she could for out before she taking in a deep breath breath. It was time to face her future... Though it brought her some peace of mind to know she wouldn’t be going it alone. She’d have Morningstar to help her through it now.

One year.

That was plenty of time to sort this mess out, right?

After that she’d talk with Thea.

She’d make her final decision.

True End.
keya
keya

Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:00 pm
It is a mystery—to be so encased with misery—in a life that bears more fruit than can be consumed. In all tragedies alike, it always begins with a single excuse from any form of rule. And presumably, in the absence of emotion, mindfulness rings ear to ear, failing to separate the mind from the heart.

Perhaps in another life, the world would cascade only waterfalls of beauty. But, a world that is perfect would allow no being to live out their given purpose.
To Mina, mindfulness was a key stature to the complexity that would always blossom behind any of her given circumstances. She was a woman of a million thoughts, and of each, a purpose was served.
Often, she would find herself dwelling too deep in the crevice of each moment in her life, consequently enticing her deep into spells of melancholy.

-
 The day began how it always would, the gentle glaze of the autumn sun lay atop the crystals of snow. Usually, Mina would feel at peace with the cyclical nature of her home; yet on this particular day, she felt an overwhelming sense of nausea towards it.
The world beyond her windowsill seemed so bland and tasteless the more she peered into it.

With an underwhelmed sigh, Mina jerked backward, holding her weight on the outer legs of her desk chair. Extending her arms upwards, she found herself humming to the sound of flipping pages from her newly discovered letters.
The only thing that kept her sane from the weight of responsibilities, was solving mysteries and mischiefs that were always overlooked.
One of which, was the very letters in her hands,  as she liked to call—“From Under The Cherry Tree,”—thinking it was genuinely clever on her part since they weren’t called anything in particular.
It began with a curiosity of the romance genre and became finding a single paper between what would become her two favorite romance novels.
In her father’s library, the books were organized by genre, mystery being her go-to; however, on that fateful day, she found herself gravitating toward the wisps and whorls of romance.
Because of it, Mina had fatefully found a beacon of light in her otherwise monochrome life.

When she first giddily wrapped her fingers around the seams, it appeared to read about a noble maiden in the shackles of a loveless, arranged marriage.
The letters truly captured Mina’s heart. She couldn’t help but feel her chest wrench at the similarities she felt towards Cherokee, every time she would unravel them. After all, being a woman of noble decent meant arranged marriage was a pre-determined fate for her.
The true mystique of the letters though, was what was submerged in each and every one of them: Directions for he who stumbled upon it, to the location of the next letter, bit by bit revealing more about the identity of its author.
 Mina thrived on this very fact, and hoped, that in some shape or form they would lead her to solitude. Whatever the solitude; deep down, she knew how irrational it was, but if somehow Cherokee was real, following her path surely would lead to an ambiguous enlightenment. Whether it be physical or mental, Mina was whole-heartedly willing to take it as far as it would go.
And after months of routinely searching for the next letter, she eventually found herself stuck, with the last discoverable letter within her home,
which read:

This evening marks the ending of my current misery while welcoming a lifetime of shackles.
It is hard to fathom that this palace prison containing me for the past three months is to one day be my permanent place of residence.

I dare not call it a home. While it is every bit as grand as my father’s estate, the air here is suffocating—poisonous even.
I so desperately crave the sandy shores where I met my love. The memory of sand between my toes comforts me throughout the dull hours spent here, though my feet have long forgotten the sensation.
It has been three years now. Do you remember me my darling? Or have I two been sped up by the ocean’s rising tide?

Sometimes I find myself reaching out, longing to run my fingers through your thick hair once again... although I’m only met by a stern scowl when I do so.

Is it silly? To love you so much, after knowing you for such a short time?
Father says it is.
I’m not allowed to call it love. I’m not allowed to call you ”love”.
I’m not allowed to love you.
Sometimes it hurts, enough to cry. So I do, when no one can see me.
I’m not allowed to cry elsewhere.
Everything has to be perfect for the arrangement.
It’s really quite humorous. As the only thing I desire is your imperfection.
Our imperfection. It’s the only cherished memory in my life to ever call perfect.
Last night I dreamt you finally returned.
How I missed your crooked grin.
You carried me away from this dreaded manor in your arms. Running out through the snowfall on your own two feet, without a horse to carry us.

For you are not a prince. Nor a noble.
You’re merely the boy I met once upon a time, who made me happier than any amount of money could buy.
From you I learned that it was okay, not to be okay.
I could cry, and you would watch.
I could scream, and you would listen.
I could fall, and you would catch me.
I could dance, and you would join.
Never scolded.
Never silenced.

Today I miss that more than anything else.
After all, it’s my fifteenth birthday.
My present this year has built up to the coming engagement.
I suppose he’ll come any minute ask for a walk, and then for my hand.
I’m not allowed to say no.
At least after this, I’ll get to return home.
This week has seemed to have lasted a lifetime, I dread the thought of returning in two years.
I must’ve written you two dozen letters since arriving my love... I wish I knew where to address them.
I miss you.
You must look rather dashing now.
I can imagine the fine young man you’ve become at seventeen...
You must’ve found a new love by now.
She must be gorgeous, and kind, it’s what you deserve the most. But how I envy her.
If I only had the freedom to, I’d search the globe to find you once more. I’d jump into your arms once again.
Then I’d never let you go.
That is what I truly desired today—
Perhaps it will come to me in my dreams.
Will you be awaiting me within the sparkling ocean?

Please continue waiting a little longer.

I am coming.

“

Maybe it was a sign of weakness to Mina, feeling unbearably sad no matter how many times she would read the letter.
It was the way the words made her heart clench, and the thoughts that would rush into her mind, like the first high-tide of the spring.
This letter, seemed to hold something more than the weight of emotion—and unexplainably Mina felt a wave of an aching want for a change.

Perhaps a wakeup call, to forward her sedentary life into something more than a pre-woven fate.

Alas, the only way to go onward was to escape. It would prove to be a challenge—a risk, that she was always afraid to take.
Leaving her life, no matter how much she dreaded it, would erase all of the stabilities placed below her. She couldn’t just take a vacation to an address unapproved by her father, and if she chose the latter, she wouldn’t have ever been welcomed back.
Was it worth it, safe even? To leave her confinement—no matter the protection it guaranteed?
Was the measly paper enough to keep her warm? Fed?

Surely she must have been going insane. But as crazy and irrational as it sounded, if she was too afraid to act now, would she ever establish a ground for her own happiness?
After all, she did want to know the ending to the letter. Because boy, if that letter is where it says it is, Cherokee would have to be real.

Mina’s heart thumped heavily, the weight of her decision consuming her whole.
It was ridiculous—extremely ridiculous— but following the address was just the excuse needed, a scapegoat for the escape she always craved.

The mere thought of leaving, the rash decision, was enough to flush adrenaline into every vein in her body.
All her life, she sat in stone waiting for opportunities to come to her.

No, she couldn’t live like this anymore.
Day by day waiting for happiness, waiting for the weather to warm—for a better narration of her life.
It was all a mistake, and if she continued to exist for her role, it would continue to be a mistake.

Eventually, with shaky breaths and mangled thoughts, she lined up everything that was necessary to leave.
From the lands she grew within, and established roots, it was time to say goodbye and explore the unknown.

To where?
A new beginning on a beach; an island, by the name of Kagutsuchi.
Naro
Naro

Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:49 pm
One year after the fight with the warlords, Rohan bought a house in between Nil and Kagutsuchi. Nothing too big... for him... it was a 3 room house next to the beach. Iggy and Cassidy lived there with him, in the end him and Cassidy didn’t hate each other like when they first met each other. Rohan looked out the window into the ocean “oh that’s right... Liss and the rest wanted to go to the beach today, i don’t really feel like going though... but Liss invited me... and i have to take Cassidy and Iggy” He simply shook his head and got out of bed. He went into the kitchen and grabbed a metal spoon and a frying pan “wake up and get ready for the beach!” He yelled out while smacking both items again each other.

The first one to come down was Iggy, but he was basically crawling down the stairs “it’s 5:30 am... why do we have to get up so early.” He mumbled while rubbing his eye and attempting to stand up. Living with Rohan was either best the thing or the worse for Iggy, some days he’ll just be chilling and do whatever he wanted. Plus Rohan was really good at cooking and always made them a buffet for dinner. Other days though... when he wakes them up early for some warm up exercises was hell. Iggy just wants to sleep in for a bit longer “i packed all of my things yesterday.”

“Good, now where’s Cassidy? Also we should eat some breakfast before we go. I’m gonna go take a quick shower then I’ll be back...”

One quick shower later.

Rohan came back down with a backpack full of towels and other stuff, his attire was his usual jeans, white t shirt and his leather jacket “we’ll have to stop by my parents house to get the truck and pick up umi... then we’ll go to Liss’ house and pick up everyone else. Make sure you have everything you need. We’ll be staying there for the weekend” with that out of the way. Rohan took Iggy and Cassidy back to kagutsuchi. The motorcycle was meant for 2 people only but they were both small compared to rohan so they fit perfectly. Cassidy sat in the back, Rohan middle and Iggy front.

After arriving at his parents house an hour later, he picked up the keys from cherry, got a lecture like always. Rohan nodded as quickly as he could to speed up the process, now the hardest part was to get umi with them. Ever since that time they fought a year ago... things hasn’t been the same for the two. They would rarely speak or even look at each other, and now that Rohan moved out it was like they were complete strangers. He still cared for her though “We’re gonna pick up Liss and the rest...” he pointed back at the truck as an awkward silence struck between them, so Rohan retreated to the truck “well buckled.” Once they arrived to Liss’ place he knocked on the door a few times to let them know they arrived.
Jove
Jove

Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:50 pm
What exactly was he feeling? Was it pain? Was it satisfaction?

August barely caught Shina in his peripheral as she attempted to rise to her feet before falling flat on her face yet again. The raven-haired boy wanted desperately to aid her, to pull her to her feet, to tell her that everything was going to be alright, but he knew that that wouldn't do, especially not when he was under his father's unforgiving gaze.

Morningstar, unlike Shina, didn't move at all and, for a moment, August assumed that he was dead, yet, unlike with Shina, he couldn't say that he was truly concerned.

"He isn't dead." he father said, as though he had just read his son's mind. "But he is close."

Jove then rose from the seat and walked over to his youngest son. August tensed. Was he going to hit him again? He could've sworn that he had done everything right. Did he show any emotion? Did he subconsciously hold back against his siblings?

However, instead of hitting him, Jove hugged him instead. Was this compassion?

"You really are my son." the son of Thea spoke, and August could've sworn that he heard a tremble in his father's voice.

"Father." August heard another voice behind him. So he really was alive.

Jove released August and walked over to Morningstar who tried his best to look his father in the eye despite being unable to stand or so much as move.

"Eosphorus. Did you inherit nothing from me?"

"F-forgive me. I-"

"Don't interrupt me!" Jove's shout was enough to silence his son.

"Get out of my sight."

Morningstar didn't reply.

"Did you not hear me?"

"I can't move father."

Jove's face twisted in disgust. "You would allow such minor injuries to prevent you from obeying me?" The god formed a sphere a fire within his palm "you really are weak."

He flung the fiery projectile at his son and would've uncertainly killed him had August had appeared in the way, swatting the fireball away.

It was only a moment later did he realize that he had just defied his father.

August immediately prostrated himself. "F-forgive me father. My body acted on it's own."

"I see." although August couldn't see him, he knew exactly what face his father was wearing, a stone mask.

"I see." Jove's voice was cold. "So it was an act. You just couldn't detach yourself could you. You still cling to your emotions."
"Who was it?"

August looked up "I don't understand."
"The heroes! Which one of the them did this to you? Who was it that softened your heart to this extent?" Jove began circling round his son as if he didn't want to even want to look at August anymore.

"Was it Zachariah?" August remained silent.

"Was it Natsumi?"

"Father stop."

"Was it Leios."

"Please."
"Was it Noel?"

"Was it Lissandra?"

August clenched his fist.

"So it was her."

"Don't do anything to them!" August shouted.

Jove exploded into laughter. "Why would I do anything to them? The last thing I want to do is offend the heroes and spark another war."

Jove walked over to August, cupping his chin and forcing him to meet his eye. "No. The only one that I am going to punish is you. Prepare yourself, son of Adrienne, these next few weeks are going to be the worst you've ever had to endure."

To Liss

August swatted Lissandra's hand away before pulling himself to his feet. "I am three-quarters mortal and one-quarter divine. I am no demigod."

August conjured a fireball to make sure that he still his magic intact, if Eve's technique was enough to harm his spirit then it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to assume that it would be able to damage his ability to use Seishitsu as well.

To Rohan

Rohan hadn't been entirely wrong, but still, being scolded by someone who hadn't done any better than August had angered him.

"Rohan. I am going to wherever Leios is, you are free to come as well, I do owe you both a match."

He was just about to leave when he turned around to face Lissandra "And, of course, you are free to come as well, I think Cherry and Kios pretty much have everything here under control."

(I am going to make the timeskip post later)
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:47 pm
The last year had been one of the best in Danyell’s life. Kios’ suggestion to travel had ended up being such a blessing, and their relationship was truly thriving thanks to it. The world was so much more beautiful than she remembered from her previous travels. Though it probably helped to be in the company of the one she loved most. It had truly shown her how much he understood around the world. From cultural understanding to the functions of basically any mechanism, there was no denying how ingenious her husband was. Truthfully though it was the excitement and passion in their travels around the globe that really impressed her. There was no doubt that spending that time with anyone else wouldn’t have measured up.
Iskios was in his own league in her heart.
On the other hand, when they were at home it was full of more life than ever. She’d never expected to be so busy with kids this late in life, but secretly she loved it. Teenagers were so full of energy, yet mature enough to sit down and have a real conversation with you. It was the perfect blend of childhood and adulthood. Leios and Lissandra seemed to have grow closer since the warlord fiasco, which meant the world to her. It was as if they’d never grown apart to begin with. Of course they had a lot of new faces around the house to spend time with now too, which she thought might’ve helped a bit.
August had asked to move in with them shortly after she’d come home from the hospital a year ago. However after living with them for a number of months, he’d taken off without a word. Honestly she still didn’t know what had happened. At first everything seemed great, and he seemed fine sharing a room like Leios. The two seemed to get along... Decently enough? Well enough at least for him to ask to be officially adopted by their family.
That was when he suddenly disappeared, before she and Kios had even had a chance to discuss it.
She hadn’t heard from him since.
Perhaps even more troubling to her was Zach’s apparent depression since the news of his mother. Unfortunately she hadn’t had much luck pulling him out of it, and she didn’t find it fair of her to press too hard. It was his mother after all... No one feel her loss worse than her children. The other of which actually seemed significantly better than when he’d first arrived. Though the two still had a lot to settle, Solomon was clearly ecstatic to see his little brother again. The two shared the only guest room in the house, located downstairs where she and Kios could check in on them. For both moral support, and to ensure Solomon’s condition was indeed stable.
At first it had been uncomfortable for her to spend too much time around her troubled nephew... Though she liked to believe that they’d overcome the accident. Now she cherished him as a nephew in the same manner as Zach.
She still found Zofia’s request to be overwhelming, but she truly loved both of the boys.
This was the least she could do for her sister in law.
Last of the new additions, but not least, was Yuu. Though never officially asking to stay with them, after the final battle with Eve he’d made himself right at home. Sleeping on the couch in the living room and joining them for family activities. He seemed to fit in fairly well, outside of his obvious distant for August and Solomon. Though she made him keep it in check.
Of course she’d also kept her promise in beginning to train him over the last year, which she enjoyed much more than she expected.
The boy had truly grown on her.
Almost as cherished to her that year, was the achievement of finally editing and rewriting her journal... Which meant she was ready to publish it. Though it wasn’t an original or creative story, the journal containing her thoughts and feelings when undergoing the two year war against Jove was a piece of history she was finally ready to share with the world. She doubted much success would come of something as plain as a journal, however she saw it as her duty to share it regardless. When one doesn’t learn from history, it’s bound to repeat itself.
Though the journal, admittedly, contained a great deal more of entrees regarding her feelings for Kios than she remembered... Almost all of which were taken out of her printed copy. While she’d allowed her husband to read the original copy, strangers had not business doing so.
All of the new development and accomplishments in her life constantly brought one question to mind.
What was next?
Her journal was finished.
Her children were grown, and no doubt leaving soon to start families of their own...
Same with the other teens currently staying with them.

It all left her feeling so empty.

She loved Kios with all her heart, but in truth she wasn’t ready to lose all her children just yet.

“Good morning Kios.” She finally whispered through a yawn, pretending to have just awoken as he finished getting ready for the day. There was so much on her mind that she just couldn’t bring herself to get out of bed before then. Forcing herself into a sitting position, Danyell drew in a deep breath. This was something she’d wanted to talk to Kios about for weeks... However the timing had never seemed right. The again would there ever be a right time? Their relationship was in a borderline perfect state... Perhaps it was her own tendency to overthink everything holding her back.
If that was the case, she’d rather just get it over with.
Hesitantly patting the bed beside her, the woman slowly ran her spare hand back through her hair. “Hey can we talk for a second? I know you want to see the kids off to the beach, but there’s a few things-“ Pausing a moment as she reassured herself, Danyell finally met his gaze. “I need to ask you.”
With that there was really no turning back, so she waited for him to sit down before swiftly beginning.
“I know we haven’t talked about this before, but... In training I’ve gotten to know Yuu so well. While he definitely has his quirks, and can be a handful, I kind of see some of myself in him. He’s such a good kid, truly... And it breaks my heart to see him the way he is. As well as he hides it, he’s in so much pain... All he wants is a family...”
“Iskios... I’ve decided I want to adopt him.”
“We can repurpose my writing space into a bedroom for him, so he doesn’t have to sleep on the couch! I can write at the kitchen table, it wouldn’t be a big deal. If you’re willing, I’d really really like to do this for him... We’re all he has left.”
That request was a big enough bomb to drop on him in and of itself, so she wondered if it was wise to even continue on... Though in the end she knew she’d always regret it if she didn’t. This was something she’d always considered, but in the past yet she’d come to truly desire it.
“That’s not all.” She whispered softly, her gaze temporarily flickering away from his as she gripping her knees tightly.
“Our kids are grown up now... Leios is 20 and Lissandra is already 18. They’re going to be leaving soon... Same goes for Yuu if we adopt him... And it’s... Its been really hard on me. Especially since Liss’ birthday.”
Though she tried her best to hold it back, she couldn’t help but tear up a little bit. “I’m just not ready to be an empty nester... I know it’s a big gap from our other kids, and that we aren’t as young as we used to be... But I’ve decided I’d really like a third kid... Though I want that decision to be up to you as well.”
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:35 am
For Natsumi, the past year had been anything but stellar.
It seemed as if her life was now the aftermath of a random string of unlikely events. Though she spent most her time over at Mr. and Mrs. Siopelos’ home, it seemed as if her friends had more important things in her life to worry about. Now that the warlords had been subdued, Liss was back to her usual daily routine. Training in the morning, arena matches in the afternoon, and volunteering at the orphanage before family dinner in the evening. The only time she really got to see her was after that, which had been fine until around a month ago. While she had no idea what specifically was going on between her best friend and her brother, something was definitely up. Whenever she’d surprise Liss by popping into her training sessions in the morning, Rohan was always there.
They still weren’t on good terms since their fight last year, and since he moved out it was even harder to settle things. It also seemed like Sahara had stopped coming around, even though he’d purposefully boughten a house between both of their hometowns to see her more frequently. Though, again, she couldn’t be sure. Even despite their blood relation, Rohan was beginning to feel like a complete and total stranger to her.
She doubted he even knew her decision to stop dating. Period. As lonely as it had made her, she couldn’t bring herself to use others for her own happiness anymore. Not after Rohan had called her out. Bad relationship or no, she didn’t want to hurt him anymore.
All of the conflict in her life had become too much for her honestly.
She was tired.
Which brought her to her current relationship with Zach, which felt pretty rocky. Since the loss of his mother, everything had changed. She didn’t know if meeting with his uncle had helped in the slightest, or even what was said... But she knew he was far from the process of recovery. He just wasn’t himself anymore, and it had drastically changed their dynamic. Then again that wasn’t completely his fault...
Everyday her mask seemed to slip just a bit, as if the string was stretching thin. She wasn’t sure how to pin point the exact cause of the wearing mindset, but on thing was clear.
She was breaking.
It was as if all the years of holding herself together were now too heavy a burden to carry.
And his apparent lack of time coming around wasn’t helping.
However that didn’t mean there wasn’t anything good to come of the year. Natsumi’s father had started taking some time off to spend time with just her. She wasn’t totally certain, but she had a strong impression that Rohan had said something to him. If so, she was actually grateful. Her father had spent the year training her in her mud senshitsu, and she felt as if his acceptance and love for it was easing her own insecurities towards it. She was finally getting some of the attention from her father that she’d been craving.
Secretly she’d told her mother about Rohan as well. About his time in the gang, and his smoking habit. After that she stayed out of the subject entirely, though it seemed for the first time in his life Rohan was starting to be lectured. When he was home at least.
Her mother still cried on a daily basis due to his decision to move out.

So many things in her life had changed...

Was that what it meant to grow up?

Shaking the thought aside as she heard the doorbell ring, Natsumi drew in a deep. Swiftly changing into her bikini, the young woman wrapped a beach shirt around her waist before grabbing her sunglasses. After brief mental debate, she decided to toss some sunscreen in her beach bag before sliding on her flip flops and running down the stairs. At this point she really didn’t want to go the the beach. Especially since Rohan was their ride. However Liss had personal invited her... Which was a pretty rare occasion. How could she refuse? Plus she said everyone would be there which meant-
Halting in her tracks as she met her brother’s gaze, the redhead paused a moment before giving her mom a hug and little Daniel a kiss on the forehead.
After several years of anticipation, Rohan had finally gotten a little brother. She had to admit, he was really really cute. Probably the single most best thing to come into her life that year. He was about eight months old now, and had his father’s brown hair unlike any of the other children in the family. Plus he absolutely adored Taro, and watching them play always made her smile. Sincerely.
“We’ll be back in a few days, thanks for letting us use the beach house!” She forced a bright smile before heading out to the truck with Rohan, simply nodding at his explanation. Though she already knew that such had been the plan, she didn’t say anything. The silence seemed too much for Rohan to bare, so her ran ahead without her. Sighing she finally reached the truck herself, Umi prayed the rest of the weekend would be better.
Once they reached the Siopelos’ home, she quietly spoke to her brother once more. “I’ll sit in the trunk.” She muttered before hopping out and waiting for him to get the other’s.
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:41 pm
“Took you long enough.” Chuckling softly as she swung the door open, Lissandra smiled ever so slightly upon meeting Rohan’s gaze. That year had definitely been a bizarre adventure, and truthfully she had enjoyed it pretty much every step of the way. In the beginning there were some particularly awkward moments. August suddenly moving in for one, and then of course when he suddenly moved out without a word. She didn’t really know what happened, or where they stood, but she tried not to think about it. Her parents hadn’t mentioned knowing anything, and she didn’t want to press them for details.
On the other hand, her relationship with Rohan had become quite interesting. From pretending to date him after the warlord attack to make Sahara jealous, to taking him out every morning to train, and finally talking within the past month... She definitely hadn’t imagined they’d ever progress in such a positive manner. Though she had to admit, he had grown up rather drastically. In part thanks to Sahara’s calming influence, so deep down she’d always felt slightly guilty talking to him after she’d left. To be fair though, neither of them had expected her to come back.
“Oh, right... Hey hold this for me.” Causally passing him her bag for the weekend, she then quickly jogged over to the kitchen. Finally returning with a picnic basket, Liss held it up for him to see. “I made you that sandwich, even if I still think you’re a sexist a**hole for asking.”
She joked softly before turning to yell down the hall, and then up the stairs.
“Yo guys our rides here! Hurry up!” The young woman instructed before slowly shaking her head. The only girl out of all the teens living within her home, and she was still the fastest to finish packing up. Everyone else really needed to learn how to hustle.
“There should be more then enough for everyone... Though full disclosure, it you tell me my mom’s are better I will sucker punch you.” She commented seriously while sliding on her flip flops and a sundress. It had been a while since she’d been out to the beach. While it wasn’t too far away, it simply wasn’t something she thought about much. That’s why she’d decided to plan this for everyone. It would be nice to get away for a while and not have to worry about their parents. They were adults now after all. At least most of them.
“Alright let’s get out of here.” Nodding with a wide grin, Liss headed to the truck with everyone before grabbing shotgun. She wasn’t interested in sitting in the trunk, it was rather crowded.
With that they finally headed out.
Derekjay2000
Derekjay2000

Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:16 pm
[Cassidy]
A year had passed, it felt very astonishing to Cassidy to be honest. Despite all that went down between herself as a Warlord and the heroes, she currently found herself living with one of their kids.

Cassidy never had anywhere to go, Eve had been her mother and the only home she knew. It still left a bad sensation in her gut, the idea that her Mother was in jail in Seiya...though in the end she understood that it was best for everyone. Both Alex and Cassidy would visit her, Eve had recovered fairly well from the strain of the power she used, and the black mark had receded a lot as well. Their mother, more than anything, seemed to be fully contempt. And that was enough for them.

The real shocker of the year since, was the fact that Cassidy convinced her brother to let her live with Rohan and Iggy. It was by no lengths easy, her brother was more than overprotective...and he was not at all happy about the idea of her living with two boys. Who were A.) A guy who tried choking her and threatened to kill her, and B.) "A little perverted, pasty little, blonde dwarf." She eventually managed to convince him thanks to Sahara also living there. Meanwhile her brother was living over in Nil with friends of Sahara.

Jolting awake, Cassidy groaned as she pulled a pillow over her head. Rohan was making a racket again, and though Cassidy was use to waking up early thanks to her mother's training...it didn't mean she liked doing it anymore than the next person. After a few minutes, she slowly pulled the pillow off as she looked over at the empty space in the bed right next to her, her expression turning to one of disappointment. Sahara had gone and left on her own accord sometime ago, 'Alex would definitely kill Rohan and Iggy if he ever find out that Sahara wasn’t around...' she noted as got up out of bed, 'Not too mention just how lonely it's been since she left'

After getting dressed, the albino girl came down as she scoffed towards Rohan, still evidently trying yo wake herself up "I don't need any Rohan to wake me up you know...good morning Iggy, how did you sleep?" she pouted before happily greeting Iggy. Though she initially despised Rohan, Cassidy would be lying if she said he hadn't improved as a human being in a year. Though she would never outright admit it. After a quick breakfast and shower, Cassidy had gotten onto Rohan's motorcycle. "M-Make sure you don't try and k-kill me this time, Yousenjcrap!" She pouting as she had to wrap her arms around Rohan's waist for support, she looked over his shoulder at Iggy, "And don't hit anyone either!"

Arriving at the Yosenju residence, Cassidy awkwardly followed after Iggy. One thing she never managed to broach on was Rohan's sister. How could she? After what she did to her and Zach. It was sad to admit, but Umi and Rohan's estranged relationship helped keep her distance, but she never wanted to NOT try and reach out to her...and she especially hated the tension between the siblings. She couldn't do much now, so she merely awkwardly stood by the truck, as they all loaded into the truck.

[Yuu]
Early in the morning, a distance away from the Siopelos residence an explosion erupted in fire. Smoke and rubble filled a small cleaning as Yuu took nice and slow breathes, allowing the flames to die down from his arms. He smiled brightly, as he looked up at the rising sun began to leak over the horizon. Yuu was currently doing his morning work out, keeping his body built took a lot of work but he was willing to do it.

Over the course of the year, Yuu had managed to gain a lot. Though unintentional at first, Yuu found himself living at his idols home as he regularly started crashing there after the battle with the Warlords ended. What with him not really having anywhere to go, and a lot of his endeavors happening nearby, he would always subconsciously head to Mrs. Danyell’s to rest up or have people to talk to. Coincidentally, around the same time Yuu began crashing at the house, oddly enough the gang that Rohan use to apart of began being dismantled and beaten down by a mysterious masked boy. Which Yuu had absolutely no connection with at all, definitely, any and all wounds he got from going out at night were simply from "special training.

Speaking of training, what followed after was one of Yuu's best moments in his life: Training with Mrs. Danyell, a dream come true! She mostly taught him better control of his Seishitsu, while he tried to not overburden her too much. In the end, she was still a stay-at-home mom, with two kids...and if Yuu wad being honest, he was only ever glad to just be able to spend time with the older woman. Spending time with her, as well as the others, brought up emotions that he so dearly missed. Yuu glared at the ground as he dropped down to ground as he started using his ice to freeze over the ground, the only real problem was the three others at the Siopelos household. He had no problems with Zach, but he was taking things hard regard his mother. He understood it completely, the empty pit that was inside him. He couldn’t stand seeing Sunflower like that, Yuu would always try to cheer him up, or help him open up, talk, anything to help. But at the end of the day, Yuu also knew that this was a wound that would never truly heal. And then there was Sunflower's brother, Solomon. He was both completely outraged, and in awe, that they allowed the psychopath to stay. The guy stabbed Mrs. Danyell for Gods sake!! Blood is only thicker than water if that same blood isn't stained on the others hands. There was clearly something wrong, and twisted about him. And no amount of whatever Solomon was doing that would convince him that he was safe. Regardless, he simply followed Danyell’s rules to not start anything...Yuu did everything he could to avoid the white haird boy, and kept things breif if he did, but Yuu was always keeping an eye on him as well.

The same going for August, 'I get that Danyell has that weird spiritual blood relation thing with Solomon. But, August!?' He thought as he pushed himself off the ground, wincing as a strange pain rippled through his right arm. Looking down at his hand he sneered, "That little bastard..." he gripped his fist tightly as his arm began to numb slightly "You may not remember what you did, but I do. And when I get strong enough...I'm gonna..." he paused as he began to take a deep breath, remembering that it's been some time since August had been around. All he need to worry about was training, and trying to make friends with everyone else.

'Didn’t we have something planned today?' Yuu thought as he unclasped his fist, double taking as he noticed a strange red mark in his palm. "What the..." he was pulled from it as he heard a truck, and Liss calling out from the house, "....THE BEACH!!!!" Yuu shouted, completely disregarding the mark. Seeing how it was gone, he simply thought it was his imagination. And so he ran full force to the house, "Wait for meeeeeee!!!" Yuu yelled, quickly bolting to grab the bag he prepared, shouting a bye to Danyell and Kios, before literally throwing himself into the back of the truck. Looking up from the floor bed of the truck, Yuu smiled brightly at Natsumi "Ayyyy, Umi! This'll be our first time at the ocean together not fighting for our lives! I'm really glad to see you~ I bet you have a really nice swimsuit!" He quickly pulled himself up as he leaned out, "You three as well!"
Naro
Naro

Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:44 pm
Rohan didn’t have to wait long for someone to answer the door, matter of fact it was the person he was hoping to see. They had just started talking a month ago, but they were getting along since much longer. Who would’ve thought, that Rohan and Liss would start talking. Only a few people knew about it though, like Iggy, probably umi, and cherry “Oho! Looking good” Rohan said jokingly, and caught the bag she tossed at him. At least she was ready... the others didn’t seemed to be ready yet. To be honest he was just fine with them going and leaving the rest for not being ready on time. An explosion caught his attention, it was off to side, a bit far away from Liss’ house. Then her remembered that Yuu also lived here “i forgot about him... anyway... a sandwich! That sounds great. I’m looking forward to it!” He stepped back as she slipped into the same sundress he got her a week prior. He took a good look at her just before Yuu ran past them excited as always “I’m glad you like the dress i bought you, though I really like your bikini outfit” teasing Liss was super in interesting, it usually turned into a roast session. Which they both enjoyed of course “are the others ready?” He said as he put everything on the trunk “hey watch it you!” Turning to Yuu who clearly has never been around girls “keep your eyes on head level got it? Same goes for you Iggy!” Now it was time to wait for the rest.
Errant Singularity
Errant Singularity

Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:15 pm
"...and then the house just lit on fire." Scratching his chin, Chusin tried to reach for his next drink. "Yeah, I finished med school about nine months ago... Couldn't find any work, though. Apparently, there are no jobs in Kagatsuchi for me... Nobody needs medical training when other people can fix the problem easier. But what if that shortcut isn't available?" Looking back at the bartender, he gestured at him a few times, waiting for another drink. None came. "And then, when I tried to find a job in a store, they were saying I had no retail experience... But then when I said I was looking for it, they said I should get some first!" Being passed a water bottle, he placed it on the ground beside him. "So now I've been unemployed the better part of a year, living with my dad again... Only moved out for six months... It really sucks, but ohwell. Least I have good company!" Slapping his hand against his dates back, he wore a confused face when a firm hand gripped his arm.

"She's been gone an hour man..." Passing him a second water bottle and opening it for him, he slipped the coaster under Chusins head as it bonked off the table.

"Oh... Yeah, yeah makes sense... Guess 'how's life' doesn't mean my whole life..." Sitting himself up, he began to shuffle across the beach towards one of the assembled groups. Not recognizing the people, he just chipped his arm up and yelled "Hey!" hoping someone recognized him.
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:41 pm
“I know.” Retorting with a smirk as Rohan complimented her, Lissandra swiftly called down the hall for her cousins one more time before heading out. She briefly glanced down to the sundress as he brought it up, before rolling her eyes as he continued. “Pay up, I don’t work for free.” Teasing back with a cheeky smile, her face immediately slacked as she heard a loud thump at the back of the truck. Yuu. No one had to look to know that much. “How could you forget about him? He’s so loud.” Turning her gaze out the window as they drove away, a small smile tugged the corners of her lips. Even so, Yuu wasn’t all that bad to have around. With Leios’ constant absence that year, and her parents traveling so much, it would’ve been pretty lonely without him in the house. August helped a bit at first too... In his own way. Both of her cousins however didn’t seem to make the best company as of late. That was something she couldn’t hold against them though. She couldn’t imagine losing her mother.
“You drive like an old lady, speed it up Rohan. I’m ready destroy you at volleyball.” Reaching out the window as they drove, the young woman enjoyed the breeze against her hand as the ocean came into view. You could smell the salt in the air already. Regardless of it everyone showed up, she was really glad that she’d planned this trip. With how quickly their childhoods had passed them by, she secretly worried about how much they’d actually see each other as a whole. Liss felt it was finally time to forge strong bonds with her loved ones to prepare for such a future. That way they’d all keep in touch, no matter where fate lead them. Accepting herself allowed her to actually act on that desire.
It might be odd to say aloud, but she was sincerely grateful for her fight against Lnna.
She felt rather content with her life now, save how things with August ended. Or rather the lack there of.
It was as if... She’d finally grown up.
“I should visit her.” She mused under her breath, temporarily glancing to the back of the truck. Honestly she wasn’t sure where to find Lnna, as she hadn’t heard from her since the battle... However she was willing to bet Cassidy would know.

Blushing madly as Yuu suddenly fell into the bed of the truck beside her, Natsumi tried to process what he’d meant by his comment. She was already in a bikini. Glancing down to her loose shirt, her cheeks continued to reddened. Could he see up it from the ground? Swiftly backing away before tightly pressing her legs together, Natsumi took in a deep breath. No, Yuu wasn’t cunning enough for that trick to actually work out in his favor. “Please stand up-“ She started before Rohan cut her off, chastising both Yuu and Iggy. Deep down she was grateful for his efforts, though she wasn’t blind to his eyes wandering to Lissandra in the same fashion. “Men.” She finally shrugged once he’d gotten in the car, before winking at Cassidy. “Liss abandoned me, due to having terrible taste in them, so it looks like you’re my savior today.” She jested while moving to sit down beside her.
Truthfully speaking there was still some awkward tension between them, though mostly on Cassidy’s behalf. Being shot was definitely not a feeling she’d like like to relive, but over the year she had forgiven her. Admittedly it became a lot easier to do once Rohan had. She seemed to be his friend now, something he had very few of, so she couldn’t help but take a liking to her as well.
The drive went by pretty quickly, and soon she could feel it in her very being. Soothing her unfulfilled desire.
“The ocean!” Leaping out of the truck before it had fully come to a stop, Natsumi fell face first into the sand with a smile. “Alright sun, make me tan!” She demanded, laughing softly as Lissandra stepped on her back.
“Oi, grab your bags and unlock the house for us first!”
“Yeah, yeah!” She replied while hopping up, before sticking out her tongue. Still, she did as she was told. “Make yourself at home everyone!” Inviting with a smile as she unlocked the grand cabin style beach house, Umi tossed her bag inside before unwrapping her skirt. Temporarily glancing down to the woven ankle bracelet she usually wore under her pants, she decided it’d be fine. She made it herself after all.
“Will figure out room assignments tonight!” She shouted behind her while running towards the oceans waves.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:12 pm
Five-hundred and seven, five-hundred and eight, five-hundred and nine, five-hundred and ten...

The numbers droned on in his head as he lay on a mattress, placed on the floor to the side of Zach’s bed in the room he shared with his brother. Lately he had been spending more time on this mattress than he would have liked, he felt as if he had every little crease on his pillowcase memorized by now. Luckily, over the past few months, he had found ways to busy himself, and take his mind off of everything. Solomon had enlisted in the city guard a couple of weeks after moving in, which not only helped him pay his aunt and uncle back for taking him in with the decent amount of pay he got, but also happened to fit him like a glove. The near-decade of working as an assassin under the Ashen had taught him a lot, although, unfortunately, he often didn’t get the chance to put the extent of his skills to use. Ever since the Eve incident, the city hadn’t seen much action. Some rowdy protests here, a drunken brawl there, maybe a robbery sprinkled in to spruce up the job, but for the most part he was either stuck on guard duty or doing the typical, run-of-the-mill stuff. Still, he didn’t mind it, he would rather watch paint dry with a complete stranger than be alone again. For most people, days off were a relief, but for him, days off were the most dreaded times of the week, because it meant he would have to spend time on his own. After having no one to call a friend, acquaintance, or true family for years, he had grown to be afraid of his mind. It could be mean sometimes. When he was left alone, there was no one to shield him from the often cruel machinations of his head. And, considering all that had happened over the past year, his brain had ample ammunition to throw at him. Truth be told, he still hadn’t come to terms with it all: losing his mother, re-discovering the rest of his family, the severance of his connection to the Ashen… He’d been trying his best to take it a day at a time. Solomon had even picked up his uncle’s passion for tinkering and engineering, although, honestly, he was terrible at it. Reaching his arm out to his left, he felt the cool steel of the contraption Kios had given him. Apparently, it was some sort of focusing apparatus that was powered by his Seishitsu, and would amplify it, and spit it back out as a near instantaneously fast, focused shot. Kios had tried to explain how it worked to him, but it all seemed like the same sciencey mumbo-jumbo to Solomon. If engineering was foreign to him, then anything science-related was like trying to hold a conversation with a brick wall. Still, although it was hard for him to express, he appreciated how much Danyell and Kios tried to make him feel like a part of the family. Solomon wasn’t dense, he had always known that he was a black sheep, but still, their hospitality was always so warm and welcoming. It was the thought that counted, he supposed.

It was tough sometimes, he knew that his transition toward a normal life was hard on everyone, least of which on himself. Everything he had come to know and accept as true had been flipped on its head, and the Ashen had left him without an explanation or even another word after the strange visions he had of the white-haired woman. Without anything to go off of, he still wasn’t sure what to make of the whole debacle. Did it even mean anything at all? Did anything mean anything anymore?

“I mean,” he had explained to his cousin, trying to give Liss a sense of what he was going through, “Imagine if one day you woke up, and August was with another girl, and he treated you like you didn’t exist. That’d suck, right? It’s like that!”

Predictably, this had earned him a thunderous slap to the face with a force that made any criminal he had encountered over the years pale in comparison.

Solomon moved his hand to his cheek, still feeling the stinging sensation as if it had happened only a few seconds ago. Clearly, he still had a lot of work to do when it came to understanding social nuances. As if on cue, a voice bellowed into the halls of the house, and Solomon got up out of bed to see what all the commotion was all about. “Speak of the devil…” he muttered, hearing Liss beckon to everyone that they would be taking a trip to…

“The beach?” he pondered out-loud. Solomon had been to a fair share of them during a couple of past missions with the Ashen, but he had never been able to understand what made them so special. To him, it was just a whole lot of sand, and a whole lot of water. Honestly, if they really wanted a beach, the others could probably just get together and use their Seishitsu to make one right in their backyard. Walking over to his dresser, though, he started to warm up to the idea. Maybe some R&R would do him some good.

Solomon stared intently at his reflection in the mirror, he still hadn’t gotten used to the hazel pupils that stared back at him. His gaze lowered to his torso, which was still home to the gnarly scar left by Kios during their altercation, all those months ago. Everytime he saw it, the guilt and anxiety edged back at him, a constant reminder that as much as he may try and convince himself otherwise, he didn’t belong here. These were good people, with pure hearts. All he had to show for his deeds was the blood on his hands, and a heart which weighed heavier upon his shoulders than the weight of the world. He didn’t understand, he had always thought that being sad and having emotions was good, that it kept you grounded, and that it kept you human. It was almost romantic, the idea of having a past filled with tragedy and hardship. So, why, then, did he feel so empty? So indifferent?

Deep down, he knew why. The others had hearts full of light and hope for the future, and, despite having all the Light in the world at his fingertips, no amount of it had managed to clear the darkness from his heart. Some people were just born with bad luck, and he just happened to be one of them.

He shook his head, brushing the thoughts aside. Today wouldn’t be another one of those long, dreary days that seemed all too frequent over the past few months. It would be a time for him to relax and unwind. Glancing downwards, he saw his hand was gripping the knob of one of the drawers, and he quickly jolted his arm back. Gritting his teeth, he cursed himself for letting his mind float off and daydream again. That drawer held the mask which had hidden his face from the world for so many years, a memory which he kept hidden under lock-and-key, preferring to keep it as removed from him as possible. Now and again, he would find himself subconsciously drawn back toward the damned thing, the same feeling he had felt when he had seen the white-haired woman on that fateful day. It was a part of him that he preferred to keep hidden away and forgotten.

The rays of sun that began to shine through the curtains of the bedroom brought him back to reality, and with a deep sigh, he began to throw on a pair of black shorts, fashioned in the same style as his usual black robes, but much better suited to the sunny weather that awaited him on the beach. For a brief moment, he thought about putting on a top to cover up the scar that covered the right side of his abdomen, but he decided against it. For the next few days, he wouldn’t hide himself from the world anymore. No robe, no mask, no facade. It was time he came to terms with things, and more importantly, he came to terms with himself.

Speedily packing up a duffle bag with travel essentials and some changes of clothes, as well as the device his uncle had made him, he jogged out of the room and down the hallways toward the front door. Hopping into the back of the truck, he watched as everyone else laughed and conversed amongst themselves. They were having a good time, and as much as he wanted to join in, he knew how some of the others still felt about him, so he kept quiet for the time being. Instead, he turned his head to face the awe-inspiring landscapes that flew by as they barrelled toward their destination. Dozing off now and again helped to pass the time, and as they arrived on the scene, he couldn’t help but grin at his friends’ reactions. Solomon hadn’t had much to smile about for a long time, but with everyone else at his side, he would be lying if he said he didn’t feel himself getting caught up in the excitement buzzing in the air.

Solomon was impressed by how picturesque the beach house looked, standing tall over the golden sand and the ocean waves in the horizon, but for now, all he could think about was taking some time off to lay back and relax under the blanket of the warm, golden sun. He took a step in the direction of the beach, but saw that Umi already got a head start on the way to the shoreline. “Oh, funny, she REALLY thinks that she's gonna be the first one there?" he remarked playfully, as a mound of sand rose up from under him. With a step of his foot, the small hill below him sped off toward the ocean waves,  with Solomon pausing briefly to raise a massive wave of sand in front of Natsumi, blocking her path. “Last one there sleeps outside!” he yelled, cruising quickly toward the direction of the cool ocean breeze.
Iskios
Iskios
Admin
Admin
https://teamkios.rpg-board.net

Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:45 pm
Finding out his mother had been injured, not by Eve, but by his long lost cousin Solomon was difficult news to take. He had almost barged into Solomon's hospital room himself but was swiftly stopped by Kios. He didn't have to ask why because the look in his father's eyes said it all. Life eventually quieted down as the multitude of temporary members of the household settled in and especially when his parents came back from their trip apparently refreshed. Getting used to Yuu's loud and sometimes obnoxious demeanor took awhile but once he got to know the kid better he found him to be genuinely good-hearted. August was an interesting addition to the household because of his greater than thou attitude constantly clashing (or did it) with Lissandra's attitude, until he left suddenly that was. Zachariah the Second was gloomier than ever and it was tough to approach him most of the time. Solomon on the other hand, while apprehensive, was curious and Leios saw how kindly his father and mother treated him despite what he had done to Danyell. His parent's demeanor towards Solomon helped him put the feelings that he couldn't treat his cousin like he used to away. Leios was glad for that because before Solomon's disappearance, he was the one who Leios enjoyed spending time with the most. In that sense he was Leios' best friend even if they didn't get to meet particularly often in their childhood but it'd been ten years since that'd been the case and Leios was secretly looking forward to having that again.

But Leios himself had gone through a change in those ten years and an even greater one in the few weeks since the Warlord fiasco had begun. He wasn't sure where he stood in life anymore, what his plans were supposed to be, or the purpose for which he acted. Maybe that was why he had gone on a trip to find a Warlord on his own in the first place. If his parents had both found their meanings in life by traveling then maybe he could too. He only found more questions, and returned with more confusion surrounding his life's plans. It was frustrating to be hit with dead ends and time again. He had gotten a glimpse of it though, somewhere out there. Where exactly, he couldn't remember but whenever he thought back on his trip he could feel the whispers tugging at his mind. He absolutely enjoyed spending time with the new members of the household, Lissandra and Solomon especially, but he couldn't let that feeling slip away entirely into memory. He had to go out there again.

Over the past year he had traveled all across the regions. spending ample time in each. Quite a bit of that year had been spent in Fuji where he met up several times again with Takumi and Kamila and helped with their relief efforts. When he wasn't with them he was in other regions. In Wu-Long, his father's birthplace, he surprisingly ran into Ying a few times. She seemed to have recovered well after he'd stabbed her a several times in their fight. He felt a little guilty about that but would quickly forget that guilt whenever she opened her mouth. Leios didn't mind her innuendo much anymore though because it was easy enough to ignore and focus instead on the few times she said something meaningful. Apparently she was still doing vigilante work, and now that she was no longer part of a group trying to actively hunt down his family he didn't have a problem with it. In FDR he found that the old entrance the Heroes had used to travel from the library in Nil was still there, just blocked off by a few fallen rocks. It was surreal going down that path and finding a familiar archway, only he was now seeing it from the other side. From the island of dark seishitsu to even the barren land of Yggdrasil, his journeys were all interesting but they were still missing what he had glimpsed before. The closest he got to it however was when he wasn't technically traveling.

Whenever he wasn't traveling or having the occasional nap, he was training. One of his largest focuses was on finally learning how to use the Shadow Matrix. He had always wondered why his sister had picked up on it more quickly than him. He thought that perhaps some things about how she normally thought overlapped with the keys behind the Shadow Matrix's usage. But maybe he also focused too much on figuring out why that was the case. It was hard for him to not waste energy doing that when someone got something to work that he couldn't. So he reset his view on the Shadow Matrix and started from the very beginning. As a result his progress was much greater than before but his capabilities were still rudimentary. Still as he began to figure out, perseverance was the key to it all. To balance stones one must keep at it, keep trying, keep fine tuning, and constantly be aware of the dangers of giving up because it might just all come tumbling down and you'd have to start over again. He wondered if that knowledge was what allowed his parents to go through with taking on a god, and succeeding.

He'd found the journeying and training as a whole to be calming, and even though he hadn't truly found what he was looking for yet he still found value in the perspective change. But as the date came closer to the weekend at the beach that Lissandra had planned, he realized that he was the most unsure about his life in relation to his home and the people there. He decided to invite Takumi and Kamila to the beach because they seriously needed a break from the relief efforts but also to help his unease about spending a weekend with all those people who were back in Kagutsuchi. At the moment, Team Refuji represented a more stable part of his life, a better known variable. Back home people had changed or maybe they'd been changing all along and he was only just now noticing. Either way it'd be an interesting time and somehow he was still excited to hang out with most of them.

-------------------------

The hot air and the warm water that sloshed against his boat was all too familiar as he approached his homeland. Tying it up at the dock he walked for an hour to get to the beach that had the beach house was on. He had just arrived from an intriguing trip to Wu-Long. Takumi and Kamila would likely be coming from Fuji, if they were coming at all, they hadn't given him a definite answer. Finally spotting the beach house he slipped through the opening under the door in his shadow form and dropped his backup and sword off in a room. After putting on his swim trunks Leios found his way out of the house the same way and propped an umbrella up in the sand closer to the water. Lying down in the nice shade he decided he'd nap for awhile, but the moment his eyelids closed he heard familiar voices.

When he saw Solomon, Natsum-, Lissandra, Yuu, Zach, Cassidy, Iggy, and even Rohan, he couldn't help but smile as he called out to them and waved, "Long time no see!"
Derekjay2000
Derekjay2000

Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:31 pm
[Yuu]
"I'll look wherever I want thank you very much!" Yuu noted as he pulled himself up, getting giddy as the truck started up. Glancing at Umi he gasped "You were wearing a swimsuit..." he took a moment to rub his head as he questioned how hard he hit the bed of the truck. Waiting for the others he impatiently fidgeted about, it felt nice having so many people he could talk to, this was one of the first times Yuu had gone out with friends since...ever, actually. Though his mood was slightly dampened as Solomon showed up, giving the white haired young man a slight glare before turning his attention to the scenery. "Oi, think I could learn to drive!?" Yuu questioned no one in particular as he watched as the car got moving, 18 years and he was still astonished by the concept of cars "I should get Rohan to teach me how to drive that bike!"

[Cassidy]
Cassidy awkwardly smiled as Yuu and the rest of the group all gathered in and exchanged pleasantries. Cassidy had been preparing herself to simply watch the scenery go by like Yuu, but she freezed up as Umi scooted next to her. "Uh..." Cassidy stammered as she tried to think of something, 'SHE'S TALKING TO ME!? BUT, WHY? SHE'S SO NICE!?!?!' She screamed mentally, Cassidy shyly avoided looking at her as she shrugged, "Y-Yeah...men!" She proceeded to nervously laugh as she fidgeted with her fingers "My brother can be a little weird as well" She wasn't sure why she wanted to run so badly right now, this was the moment she was waiting for! A chance to make up for her actions, and she didn't even have to make the first move. 'So, why does it hurt so much to try and say something?' She may have managed to warm up to Rohan and the rest, their forgiveness of her was surprising...so Umi's kindness didn't seem that hard to believe. However, a pang of guilt twisted in her chest at the comment of being Umi's savior, remembering Natsumi's bloodied and shot up by her hands were stained into her mind. Cassidy simply sat next to Umi in silence, a oddly reminiscent look on her face as they drove on. Her eyes lit up as she watched the glistening sea came into view, before switching to a look of horror as Umi suddenly flopped out of the truck, prompting Cassidy to jump out as well, albeit more gracefully than the other girl.

[Yuu & Cassidy]
Grinning as the beach came into view Yuu watched as Umi over excitedly face jumped out and face planted into the sand. "Oy! Umi, you tripped" Yuu pointed out as the truck came to a halt, "ALRIGHT! BEACH TIME-" Yuu shouted as he proceed to try and climb out of the truck. Before also falling out, but he quickly shot back up covered in sand "Time for the beach!!!" He quickly grabbed his bag as Umi ran by having unlocked the house, "Why do you guys have so many houses!?" Yuu questioned Rohan as he looked over the beach. "You guys go ahead! I still haven't changed yet" Yuu gestured to his workout clothes, "I'm so excited! I got a new swimsuit and everything!" He noted as he went into the house.

Cassidy was already walking towards the beach following after Umi, as much as she cared for Iggy and Rohan, it had been far too long since she hung out with other girls. She smiled watching Umi run carefree as Solomon shot by as well. She didn't really know much about her fellow light user outside of his family relationship, which prompted her to avoid him and Zach for obvious reasons. Pulling out a parasol, she quickly opened it up as she caught up with the gang, though she spotted a stranger as well "Oh, do we know that guy?" Cassidy questioned, pointing to a Chusin.

"Oy! Leios, glad you could make it!" Yuu called out, being the last to arrive. Cassidy turned to look at him, before her pale face blossomed into a bright crimson as she let out a shocked yelp "what are you wearing!?". Yuu stood unashamedly as he put his hands on his hips, wearing nothing more than a loincloth, "It's a traditional swimming garment! What do you guys think~" Yuu noted with a smirk, Cassidy covered her eyes with a hand. Yuu's 'traditional swimming garment' while did it's just of covering what was important, was still just a bit more on the showy side.

Gods have mercy on whatever the back looked like.
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:17 pm
Talking to Cassidy was surprisingly awkward, in the sense that it had surpassed her own expectation of stiffness. Perhaps it was best to give it some time. As much as she longed for another girl to talk too, Natsumi didn’t want to force that expectation on her. Pretending nothing had happened didn’t seem to be working, so she’d take a step back from even that tactic.
“R-Right, tripped.” Forcing a life at Yuu’s comment, the redhead cleared her throat before taking off. It wasn’t exactly normal to purposely fall face first into sand, so she played along with his out.
After all, she had to keep up her appearance...
Though all of that tension seemed to melt off of her as the ocean called to her. In her race to the beautiful blue sea, she was delighted to find Cassidy trailing after her. Did that mean their conversation actually went pretty well? The other teen was rather reclusive... Was this her way of showing friendship? It was hard to know for sure. Cassidy was extremely hard for her to read.
Just then, a voice sounded over her head.
Solomon.
Of everyone in the group, he was probably the one she knew the least about. There were some rumors about him, especially in regards to how Yuu viewed him, though to her he seemed like a perfectly normal guy. He had shot Danyell when he first showed up, though after hearing the whole story she’d marked it as an accident. With all of the stress he must’ve been under, she didn’t find it unusual for a powerful senshitsu burst to manifest.
It wasn’t as if one had happened since.
Most the time when she visited the Siopelos home he wasn’t there, so that was all she could really say about him.
“Hey, come on! N-No ones sleeping outside!” She yelled as he flew past, her cheeks puffing slightly in annoyance. Why did everything have to be a competition? They were on vacation! She wanted to relax... Suddenly Cassidy spoke up from beside her, pointing to a stranger wobbling boy. Drunk probably? “Er, no I don’t recognize him.” Pouting softly as she halted in her tracks, Natsumi froze for a moment as a familiar voice rang through the air. That meant-
Slowly turning to face as he appeared, the young woman forced a smile as a slight warmth burned her cheeks. He had come after all. She wasn’t really sure what to say. It had been a year since they’d even really seen each other. Thankfully another commotion drew her attention before she’d officially stared for too long, Cassidy’s scream. “What’s wrong-?!” She started while quickly spinning around, before screaming as well. There was something to be said for being proud of your summer body, but this was ridiculous.
Immediately slapping both hands over her eyes, Umi swiftly turned her head as her complexion slowly darkened. Seriously why had he thought something like that would be okay? No normal person could possibly desire such swim attire. Reminding her of exactly who she was dealing with. They just didn’t see eye to eye on anything it seemed.
“Yuu that’s sexual harassment.” Calmly stepping forward from behind in her bikini, Lissandra raised her free hand in annoyance. She swiftly covered his mid section in shadow before slowly sighing. While she didn’t know how the front had looked, it couldn’t have possibly been as bad as her view. “My mother wasn’t certain whether or not you owned a swimsuit, which clearly you do not. Luckily for us she packed you some trunks. Blue bag.” She explained before shooting him back to the beach house. Perhaps that was a little harsh, however he most definitely deserved it after such a stunt.
The young woman stretched out for a moment while nodding to her brother. “Glad you could make it! I was worried you wouldn’t show.” Her tone grew much softer when addressing him, a tad more attention shining through opposed to the others she conversed with. “Where’ve you been off to this time?” Gently passing Rohan the brown bottle in her hand, Liss temporarily glanced over to him with a smirk. “Tanning lotion. Get my back for me?”
Taking advantage of the new awkward tension, Umi managed to quickly pull herself together. She needed an escape.
Zach? No, he hadn’t been himself. Best to leave him be.
Cassidy? No, that situation was almost as bad.
Liss? Ew, not with her and Rohan interacting like that.
Roh-
Yu-
Le-
Wait no, what?
Face palming as took in a deep breath, she finally spotted her scapegoat. “Solomon!” Clapping her hands together in excitement as she summoned a massive amount of mud, Natsumi grinned as she burst up to his eye level. Thanks to her father’s year long effort to train with her frequently, she was actually getting better with her senshitsu. Or rather, she’d grown to better mentally accept it as a part of her. In some degree anyway.
“I challenge you to a mud vs sand battle over the ocean! King of the mound style.” Honestly she didn’t really care if he accepted, or even if he did and she won. She just wanted to get away from everyone else for a little bit. This much stress was too much for her to handle.
Then again this is also what she’d wanted, her mind was quick to remind her.
Which she was then quick to brush aside.
She still wasn’t ready.
However she was glad to see everyone together again.

Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:15 am
DannyGirl~ wrote:Talking to Cassidy was surprisingly awkward, in the sense that it had surpassed her own expectation of stiffness. Perhaps it was best to give it some time. As much as she longed for another girl to talk too, Natsumi didn’t want to force that expectation on her. Pretending nothing had happened didn’t seem to be working, so she’d take a step back from even that tactic.
“R-Right, tripped.” Forcing a life at Yuu’s comment, the redhead cleared her throat before taking off. It wasn’t exactly normal to purposely fall face first into sand, so she played along with his out.
After all, she had to keep up her appearance...
Though all of that tension seemed to melt off of her as the ocean called to her. In her race to the beautiful blue sea, she was delighted to find Cassidy trailing after her. Did that mean their conversation actually went pretty well? The other teen was rather reclusive... Was this her way of showing friendship? It was hard to know for sure. Cassidy was extremely hard for her to read.
Just then, a voice sounded over her head.
Solomon.
Of everyone in the group, he was probably the one she knew the least about. There were some rumors about him, especially in regards to how Yuu viewed him, though to her he seemed like a perfectly normal guy. He had shot Danyell when he first showed up, though after hearing the whole story she’d marked it as an accident. With all of the stress he must’ve been under, she didn’t find it unusual for a powerful senshitsu burst to manifest.
It wasn’t as if one had happened since.
Most the time when she visited the Siopelos home he wasn’t there, so that was all she could really say about him.
“Hey, come on! N-No ones sleeping outside!” She yelled as he flew past, her cheeks puffing slightly in annoyance. Why did everything have to be a competition? They were on vacation! She wanted to relax... Suddenly Cassidy spoke up from beside her, pointing to a stranger wobbling boy. Drunk probably? “Er, no I don’t recognize him.” Pouting softly as she halted in her tracks, Natsumi froze for a moment as a familiar voice rang through the air. That meant-
Slowly turning to face as he appeared, the young woman forced a smile as a slight warmth burned her cheeks. He had come after all. She wasn’t really sure what to say. It had been a year since they’d even really seen each other. Thankfully another commotion drew her attention before she’d officially stared for too long, Cassidy’s scream. “What’s wrong-?!” She started while quickly spinning around, before screaming as well. There was something to be said for being proud of your summer body, but this was ridiculous.
Immediately slapping both hands over her eyes, Umi swiftly turned her head as her complexion slowly darkened. Seriously why had he thought something like that would be okay? No normal person could possibly desire such swim attire. Reminding her of exactly who she was dealing with. They just didn’t see eye to eye on anything it seemed.
“Yuu that’s sexual harassment.” Calmly stepping forward from behind in her bikini, Lissandra raised her free hand in annoyance. She swiftly covered his mid section in shadow before slowly sighing. While she didn’t know how the front had looked, it couldn’t have possibly been as bad as her view. “My mother wasn’t certain whether or not you owned a swimsuit, which clearly you do not. Luckily for us she packed you some trunks. Blue bag.” She explained before shooting him back to the beach house. Perhaps that was a little harsh, however he most definitely deserved it after such a stunt.
The young woman stretched out for a moment while nodding to her brother. “Glad you could make it! I was worried you wouldn’t show.” Her tone grew much softer when addressing him, a tad more attention shining through opposed to the others she conversed with. “Where’ve you been off to this time?” Gently passing Rohan the brown bottle in her hand, Liss temporarily glanced over to him with a smirk. “Tanning lotion. Get my back for me?”
Taking advantage of the new awkward tension, Umi managed to quickly pull herself together. She needed an escape.
Zach? No, he hadn’t been himself. Best to leave him be.
Cassidy? No, that situation was almost as bad.
Liss? Ew, not with her and Rohan interacting like that.
Roh-
Yu-
Le-
Wait no, what?
Face palming as took in a deep breath, she finally spotted her scapegoat. “Solomon!” Clapping her hands together in excitement as she summoned a massive amount of mud, Natsumi grinned as she burst up to his eye level. Thanks to her father’s year long effort to train with her frequently, she was actually getting better with her senshitsu. Or rather, she’d grown to better mentally accept it as a part of her. In some degree anyway.
“I challenge you to a mud vs sand battle over the ocean! King of the mound style.” Honestly she didn’t really care if he accepted, or even if he did and she won. She just wanted to get away from everyone else for a little bit. This much stress was too much for her to handle.
Then again this is also what she’d wanted, her mind was quick to remind her.
Which she was then quick to brush aside.
She still wasn’t ready.
However she was glad to see everyone together again.
Solomon was so close to the shoreline that he could practically touch the cooling, blue waves when, unexpectedly, he heard his name being called out behind him.  Snapping his fingers, the mound of sand collapsed back onto the beach below, and he turned around to see Natsumi, of all people, beckon after him. 'I mean, I shouldn't be surprised, I've been with these people for months, but still...' he wondered, questioning why she would want anything to do with him right now. It's not like they disliked each other, but they had never gotten the chance to grow closer, like he had with his cousins. He gave Leios a quick wave, and although he was slightly confused as to how he had even arrived at the beach, Solomon had learned not be too surprised when the shadow user slipped in and out of places without so much as a whisper.

Hearing Umi's remarks, he glanced past her and saw, further back toward the house, and looking a bit dejected, none other than Yuu. 'I guess that explains why she's so keen on chilling with me all of a sudden. So, she thinks she can use me like some sort of distraction, huh?' he thought, giving her a quick smirk, ‘Well then, I’ll show her just how much of a distraction I can be.’

"Challenging the son of the Lady of the Waste to a Seishitsu-off, on a beach of all places, eh? I gotta admit, I admire how bold that is, but just know that if you walk outta here with a banged up face, don't blame me when Yuu starts giving thirsty looks to other girls. Who knows, after this, my brother might not even take you back," he answered tauntingly, accepting her challenge. Solomon stomped his foot forward, and a massive sphere of sand rose out of the ground, its size almost totaling the stature of the beach-house itself. Taking another step forward, his hand thrust toward the sphere, and when his fist contacted it, a blast of sand shot toward his opponent, zipping right by her face, but just barely grazing the edge of her cheek.

“Consider that a warning shot,” he remarked smugly, before taking another step toward the sphere. He moved all around the ball of Seishitsu, turning and flying through the air, hitting it at all sorts of different angles as a hailstorm of sand blasts rained down on Natsumi like a monsoon. His movements resembled an elaborate dance, his toes pointed with precision and his balance without fault as he glided across the sand, hitting flawless roundoffs, flips, and handsprings as he continued to batter on the sphere, sustaining the constant flurry. Ever since the day of the fight with Eve when his connection with the Ashen was severed, his entire style of Seishitsu had begun to change. It had started to shift away from the brutal and uncontrollable style he was used to, and started becoming increasingly resemblant of the classical, graceful combat technique taught to him by his father and several instructors he had trained under during his childhood.

After a last roundhouse kick, sending the last bit of sand barreling toward her, he landed back on his feet, on the spot right below where the sphere of sand had been.

“Now it’s your turn, princess, let’s see what you got.”
Naro
Naro

Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:58 am
Rohan got so side the truck waiting for the rest to get inside, it seemed leios wasn’t around though. Not that he cared about it, but it did bring a small smile to his face. Once everyone was there he took off to the beach house, and it didn’t take long for Liss to begin teasing him “I don’t want to scare the other passengers” he looked at the other through rear view mirror making sure everything was alright “i don’t play volleyball, but even then i would still dominate” he replied then began to speed up a bit more “maybe you’ll learn how to drive someday, as of right now we need to get to the beach. Also i didn’t bring my bike so no luck on that one.” Once they all arrived he watched as his sister ate it as soon as they arrived ‘I’m sure she’s fine...’ Rohan just shrugged it off and began taking most of the bags inside. Then leios arrived out of the nowhere like always, Rohan simply ignored him and continued to help with the bags “there’s rooms for everyone, there’s no need for anyone to sleep outside.” He turned to Yuu who had a question. So many houses? The answer was simple “because we can” he replied.

Iggy slept the whol way there, he didn’t even know they arrived until he heard everyone outside already “We’re here! He said jumping in excitement and rushed inside the house to quickly change. He came back out with just some swimming trunks and run over to the ocean.

Rohan came out with some simple swimming shorts as well, Yuu was the opposite... of course he would be the one to wear that “Yuu no one wears those anymore... “he added and walked over to Liss, gladly taking the lotion bottle “it would be my pleasure” Liss was the only one putting on lotion, looking over to Cassidy who would clearly burn easily and then umi now fighting Solomon for some reason. Iggy would also need some but he was a fool and rushed in to the water without thinking of getting sunburned so he’ll learn the hard way “lay down” he poured some lotion on his hands and waited for Liss to lay on her stomach “Hey Cassidy do you need some lotion too? We don’t want any sunburn now do we?”
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:34 pm
Solomon’s reply had not been what she was expecting. It seemed that he’d pieced together her motive pretty quickly, only misinterpreting the subject of her unease. “C-Can we not bring anyone else into this!” She shot back quickly, attempting to cut him off as he rambled on. Much to her disappointment, it had deterred him in the slightest. However part of her perked up at his promise. After a fight with him the boys wouldn’t hit on her? At least until she healed up... Which she could let happen naturally, meaning she could enjoy the beach! No awkward tension, or-
Wait, no. What was she even thinking? Acting so recklessly was something she got after Liss for literally everyday. Purposefully going into the fight, playful or no, with blatant intentions of losing was immature. Not to mention irrational. Regardless of how the other’s treated her on the beach, she was only responsible for herself. After dealing with the gang members for a number of years minor flirtations shouldn’t phase her. She could still have a good time.
Watching Rohan and Liss interact was ten times worse anyways.
Merely blinking as a great and powerful rush of sand shot past her, Natsumi slowly reached up to touch her cheek. The warmth of her blood slowly slipping down her fingers, before she sealed up the cut with her healing senshitsu. Perhaps she hadn’t chosen the right person after all. For a friendly competition he was taking things a bit too far, and she didn’t know him well enough to explain that to him. However she had little time to consider the possibility of backing out before being bombarded with various sandy attacks. Beach wars indeed.
Shooting her arm upwards to create a barrier around herself, Umi had to rush in every which direction to hold her ground. She didn’t even have her standing pad made yet, what was he trying to accomplish? Coughing as slices of sand managed to break through her mud, she was left choking on musty air until he suddenly halted his frontal attack. She could feel several cuts running across her arms and legs, but none were very deep.
Her turn?
How effective could a battle possibly be if they went in turns? Still she was grateful for the gesture, as well as for the opportunity to breathe clean air once again. At least until she choked on his last remark.
Princess?
Honestly she didn’t know how to respond to that. Sure, her dad called her princess, but there was a much different tone to his voice. Solomon was a lot... Harsher. It was definitely meant as an insult. However after a few moments of considering that possibility, the young woman burst into a deep genuine series of laughter. How amusing the Siopelos family was, along with their relatives. Solomon wasn’t attempted to hit on her in the slightest, in fact he wasn’t even approaching her from a friendly standpoint. No. He was actually treating her quite rudely. She could hardly contain her amusement, swiftly sucking in gulps of air as she rose into the air on her platform.
Finally taking shape as none other than a grand palace.
“If you insist.” She jested back while wiping the tears from her eyes. “Let’s make this more entertaining. If knock you off your platform you have to bow to me... Just a reminder that you can’t use your senshitsu to get back up.” Explaining calmly before immediately switching gears, Umi began to launch an assault of her own. “Let’s see, a castle needs a moat with... Huh I got it.” A muddy lake formed beneath them, and from it countless long tentacles shot up at incredible speeds. Their strength growing with each strike from every given direction. “Meet my kraken! How will you get to the princess now?” She taunted while lining her palace walls with massive catapults. While then hurled massive mud pies at her opponent. Giving him more then enough to react to at once.
In the end, she found she had actually picked the best person to distract her.
With everything going on it was nearly impossible to dwell on his presence.

“Thanks.” Spreading her towel out across the sand, Lissandra lazily sprawled out on her stomach before pulling her hair over her shoulder. Curtly nodding to Rohan, her gaze then flickered to Natsumi in the sky above. With how badly she burned and peeled, she needed to be more careful. After all she’d probably beg for the two of them to share a bed tonight. Liss was beginning to doubt that Umi would ever be able to fall asleep on her own.
That being said it was rather obvious the girl had grown over the past year. There she was, out in broad daylight using her senshitsu for the world to see. She was even playing a Nilian game that actually seemed rather fun. You could even say Lissandra was the slightest bit jealous. Having an earth based senshitsu probably came in handy, given that was humanities natural habit. More than that, however, she really just wanted to knock both of them over.
Glancing back behind herself as Rohan called out to Cassidy, the young woman’s expression instantly dulled. “If your busy I can get Leios to help me. It’s not a particularly hard task after all... Isn’t that right Leios?” She spoke up a little louder at the end, turning to face her brother as she began to sit up. “I was going to ask you to teach me how to drive, but I’m willing to beat Leios can do that too.”

Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:13 pm
DannyGirl~ wrote:Solomon’s reply had not been what she was expecting. It seemed that he’d pieced together her motive pretty quickly, only misinterpreting the subject of her unease. “C-Can we not bring anyone else into this!” She shot back quickly, attempting to cut him off as he rambled on. Much to her disappointment, it had deterred him in the slightest. However part of her perked up at his promise. After a fight with him the boys wouldn’t hit on her? At least until she healed up... Which she could let happen naturally, meaning she could enjoy the beach! No awkward tension, or-
Wait, no. What was she even thinking? Acting so recklessly was something she got after Liss for literally everyday. Purposefully going into the fight, playful or no, with blatant intentions of losing was immature. Not to mention irrational. Regardless of how the other’s treated her on the beach, she was only responsible for herself. After dealing with the gang members for a number of years minor flirtations shouldn’t phase her. She could still have a good time.
Watching Rohan and Liss interact was ten times worse anyways.
Merely blinking as a great and powerful rush of sand shot past her, Natsumi slowly reached up to touch her cheek. The warmth of her blood slowly slipping down her fingers, before she sealed up the cut with her healing senshitsu. Perhaps she hadn’t chosen the right person after all. For a friendly competition he was taking things a bit too far, and she didn’t know him well enough to explain that to him. However she had little time to consider the possibility of backing out before being bombarded with various sandy attacks. Beach wars indeed.
Shooting her arm upwards to create a barrier around herself, Umi had to rush in every which direction to hold her ground. She didn’t even have her standing pad made yet, what was he trying to accomplish? Coughing as slices of sand managed to break through her mud, she was left choking on musty air until he suddenly halted his frontal attack. She could feel several cuts running across her arms and legs, but none were very deep.
Her turn?
How effective could a battle possibly be if they went in turns? Still she was grateful for the gesture, as well as for the opportunity to breathe clean air once again. At least until she choked on his last remark.
Princess?
Honestly she didn’t know how to respond to that. Sure, her dad called her princess, but there was a much different tone to his voice. Solomon was a lot... Harsher. It was definitely meant as an insult. However after a few moments of considering that possibility, the young woman burst into a deep genuine series of laughter. How amusing the Siopelos family was, along with their relatives. Solomon wasn’t attempted to hit on her in the slightest, in fact he wasn’t even approaching her from a friendly standpoint. No. He was actually treating her quite rudely. She could hardly contain her amusement, swiftly sucking in gulps of air as she rose into the air on her platform.
Finally taking shape as none other than a grand palace.
“If you insist.” She jested back while wiping the tears from her eyes. “Let’s make this more entertaining. If knock you off your platform you have to bow to me... Just a reminder that you can’t use your senshitsu to get back up.” Explaining calmly before immediately switching gears, Umi began to launch an assault of her own. “Let’s see, a castle needs a moat with... Huh I got it.” A muddy lake formed beneath them, and from it countless long tentacles shot up at incredible speeds. Their strength growing with each strike from every given direction. “Meet my kraken! How will you get to the princess now?” She taunted while lining her palace walls with massive catapults. While then hurled massive mud pies at her opponent. Giving him more then enough to react to at once.
In the end, she found she had actually picked the best person to distract her.
With everything going on it was nearly impossible to dwell on his presence.

“Thanks.” Spreading her towel out across the sand, Lissandra lazily sprawled out on her stomach before pulling her hair over her shoulder. Curtly nodding to Rohan, her gaze then flickered to Natsumi in the sky above. With how badly she burned and peeled, she needed to be more careful. After all she’d probably beg for the two of them to share a bed tonight. Liss was beginning to doubt that Umi would ever be able to fall asleep on her own.
That being said it was rather obvious the girl had grown over the past year. There she was, out in broad daylight using her senshitsu for the world to see. She was even playing a Nilian game that actually seemed rather fun. You could even say Lissandra was the slightest bit jealous. Having an earth based senshitsu probably came in handy, given that was humanities natural habit. More than that, however, she really just wanted to knock both of them over.
Glancing back behind herself as Rohan called out to Cassidy, the young woman’s expression instantly dulled. “If your busy I can get Leios to help me. It’s not a particularly hard task after all... Isn’t that right Leios?” She spoke up a little louder at the end, turning to face her brother as she began to sit up. “I was going to ask you to teach me how to drive, but I’m willing to beat Leios can do that too.”
Solomon put his hands behind his head and beamed proudly, happy that he was able to execute all of the steps of his Seishitsu technique without messing it up, as he tended to during practice. Focusing his eyes clearly back at Natsumi, he saw cuts here-and-there covering her body, on the spots where the sand he hit her. "Oh... crap," he commented quietly, his cheeks flushing with a slight-red hue as he internally chastised himself. The group had come out here to have fun, and here he was, within the first five minutes, lacerating one of the others. And worst of all, it wasn't Rohan, or Leios, or even his brother, it was Umi! One of the girls!

Solomon facepalmed so hard that it made an audible noise. 'Great job, you dumb sociopath. Your first real outing with the gang, and the first impression you make on everybody is cutting up one of the girls. AND! You shot first! That makes it, like, at least ten times worse! What the heck were you thinking?!' He lectured himself in his head, glancing back up to see a surprising sight. He was half expecting Kios to appear out of nowhere and slash up the other side of his torso or something, but instead, he saw Umi still standing there, but... laughing? Solomon stumbled on his words, trying to figure out what to say to resolve the situation, not sure whether to apologize or ask her one of the questions running through his head, but all he got out was a "Uh, you alright? I didn't hurt you did I?"

'Of course you hurt her, stupid. There are literally like at least a dozen paper cuts on her,' he said, answering his own question. At this point, he was about to just walk away and try and pretend like it was an accident or something. Before he could take a step in the other direction, though, a massive platform of mud rose into the air, with Natsumi on top of the elaborate structure. Hearing her bellow out her new challenge and the fact that she sounded more enthused than hurt, he made a silent prayer to the Gods, this was probably the best way that this could've gone. His anxiety turned back into excitement, and his smirk found its way back to his face, motioning upward with his hands as an equally imposing megalithic fortress of sand lifted slowly into the air. Since his worry had been erased, Solomon's typical confident demeanor returned to him, and he stood at the edge of his platform, arms extended outward and eyes closed softly, in blissful ignorance of whatever Umi was saying or doing at that moment. Seeing what had happened with his first attack, he figured he should probably dial it back a few notches and let her get a few shots in too. After all, he didn't wanna hurt her feelings or anything. "C'mon, princess, show me what ya got! I mean, you know what they say, what's a princess to a ki-"

His declaration was cut off as he felt a massive force collide with his body, sending him flying off his platform. Opening his eyes as he plummeted toward the beach's golden dunes below, he caught a glimpse of the kraken which now guarded the perimeter of Natsumi's castle. "What in the...?" was all he could get out before he crash-landed into the soft, sandy ground. Laying in a small crater formed in the sand by the impact of his body's landing, he shook his head quickly and blinked a couple of times to re-acquaint himself with his surroundings and take in what had just happened. Quickly and frantically standing himself back up, dusting the sand off him, he shouted back at her.

"Uh, beginner's luck! Yeah, that was a real lucky stroke of beginner's luck right there!" he continued, "You must've taken Lady Luck out to dinner yesterday or something, because that was sloppy! That would never work on me! You know, most of the time!"

Solomon glanced over at Leios, his eyes widening as he remembered that his cousin, and everyone else just had front-row seats to see him get one-shotted by Natsumi. He laughed nervously, slipping his hands into the pockets of his shorts. He was currently putting his mind into hyper, mega overdrive mode while trying to think of more excuses.

"You guys know what I mean, right? I wasn't ready, you know? She didn't even say 'Go' or anything like that. Plus, I had sand in my eyes, I could barely even see what was going on!" he asserted, crossing his arms as his previously only slightly red-tinted blush flushed back to his cheeks, only this time, almost fully crimson.
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:21 pm
Halting her flying pies midair, Natsumi’s jaw dropped as she watched Solomon tumble to the ground. Crap, she’d overdone it again. She must’ve put too much force behind the krakens swings. While she’d wanted them to be strong, she hadn’t meant for them to knock him off so easily. Game or no, she couldn’t really hurt him!
In an instant all the mud came crashing back down into the ground, lifeless and limp as sunk back into the sand. A look of panic laced her face as she raced to his side, immediately scanning him over for injuries. Much to her relief her peer seemed fine. The bright hues heating his complexion telling of his inner embarrassment more than anything else. Still... “I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to swing that hard! You’re right, I should’ve said go.” She rambled on, now completely embarrassed and ashamed herself. “You don’t have to bow or anything, I was just joking!”
Finally taking in a deep breath, the young woman found herself spiraling downwards mentally. With the increasing pressure finally cracking through her protective mask, she felt as if it might break away any moment... However she won’t allow this to be it. She’d held it together through so much worse. This was nothing. Forcing as laugh, she stood on her tip toes before reaching up to wipe the sand from his hair. Aside from her haircut, there was only one noticeable change in her appearance. She’d grown a few inches, now standing at 5’ 8”. While she was quite proud of the late growth spurt, it was hard to feel any taller when everyone else in her life were giants.
“If you ever want a rematch let me know, that was actually a lot of fun!” Then she paused, hesitating before speaking much more genuinely. “I like you a lot Solomon, it’s not often I find boys with your spunk... It’s a family trait I suppose... What I’m trying to say is, let’s be friends! I’d like to get to know you better, so can I join you for a swim? Maybe Zach will join us too if it looks like we’re having fun!” She was really going out on a limb here, asking so bluntly for friendships both new and old. Then again, there was no way he could reject her offer in a worse way than she’d already seen countless times.
Boys never wanted her friendship. Those who accepted the offer always seemed to have an alternative motive.
On the other hand, girls were ten times worse in her experience.
So this was still a safer option than that regardless.
Derekjay2000
Derekjay2000

Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:14 pm
"That's why it's traditional" Yuu noted when Rohan commented, "I kind of excepted something more flashy from you, you want I can get you one yourself" he nudged Rohan with his elbow playfully "I bet Liss would appreciate it~". And speaking of the devil, looking down as darkness enveloped him Yuu pouted at Liss "Just cause ya'll are embarrassed about your bodies doesn't me I have to!" He crossed his arms over his chest nodding matter-of-factly. "Besides it's very comfortable to wear, ya'll should try it sometime-GAHAHA!!!" Yuu was quickly cut off, shouting out in surprise as he blasted away by Liss, all the while screaming through the air shouting "OKAY I'M SORRRRRRY!!!"

After crashing into the house, and one quick change later, Yuu came running back onto the scene. He proceeded to trip and roll down a hill, before standing up covered in sand with an excited grin and wearing a more appropiate pair of swimming trunks "BEACH TIME, ROUND 2!!!" Brushing himself off as he glared towards Lissandra "That was a cheap shot! And you look nice, your back muscles are really defined" He noted, making a mental note to ask her about her workout regimen. Looking away from them, Yuu's eyes widened at the battle between Solomon and Umi, while he was somewhat annoyed that she was having so much fun with him, he was more happy to see her having fun in general. Umi always seemed so rigged, and forced. So seeing her let loose made him happy, and seeing her Seishitsu made him even more happy, "UMI! THAT MUD KRAKEN IS SOOOO COOL!~" He yelled, watching her take down Solomon. It seemed that she must have hit him hard, though it seemed Umi hurt Solomon's pride more than anything else. "Umi is crazy strong! Even if she doesn't show it often" Yuu noted, that was a pretty good way to describe most of the heroes kids.

Watching Umi offer to be friends with Solomon, Yuu felt an odd sensation run through him. His normally chipper expression fell to a confused frown as he watched the two, 'She never asked me to be her friend...' a strange mixture of frustration boiled in his chest. Yuu had literally saved her life once, and all it seemed to accomplish was to make her dislike him more. Meanwhile, this guy who randomly showed up dressed as some kind of sketchy cultist who had stabbed Danyell was the person she wanted to be friends with? Yuu watched Umi closely, he did try or at least he believed he was trying. Looking down, he placed a hand on his chest a strange disheartening feeling tightening up in him. 'Well...' Letting out a sigh he balled his hand into a fist, another smile forming 'That just means I have to try even harder to make friends!!' He welled with determination, suppressing the strange sensation. 'Besides,' he saw the smile on Umi's face 'So long as they're happy, what does it matter how I feel'

"Oy Liss!" Yuu called out, "Didn’t you say something about Volleyball?"

Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:13 pm
As Natsumi descended from her fortress and ran to his side, Solomon was already bracing for further embarrassment. It was one thing to get his butt handed to him, but now, as the loser, he’d have to deal with her poison-tipped kindness. Great, might as well just pour a bucket of salt into his wounded pride. “No, no, I didn’t literally mean you had to say ‘go,’ it’s just,” he tried to explain, watching as she continued frantically apologizing. As much as he wanted to wallow in his loss-induced bitterness and shrug off the concern she gave him, he was growing worried that she seemed to be taking it harder than he was. Solomon let out a deep sigh, before continuing his explanation to her.

“Don’t sweat it, alright? It’s just a game, and,” he continued, practically forcing the next part out of his mouth, “you beat me fair and square. I’ll be honest, I underestimated you. I took you for some prissy little girl but you proved me wrong. My brother must have his hands full, having to deal with you and all,” he commented, relieved that Natsumi appeared to have regained her composure. Her hand brushing the sand out of his hair was a reminder of an unwelcome change that he had been trying to ignore for the past couple of months. The roots of his previously snow-white hair were turning black, leaving him rocking a strange two-toned hairdoo. Although he kind of liked the idea and appearance of it, the newly arrived dark shades weren’t a very amiable development to him. It reminded him of his father, one of the last things he would want to get a glimpse of in his own reflection. Running his own hand through his hair, he was partially hoping that he would ruffle the darkness out of it like just another speck of sand. Unfortunately, though, it seemed like his new look was here to stay. Who knows, though, maybe eventually it’d grow on him.

Solomon heeded her offer, and flashed her a curt smile, “Yeah, I’d like that, Umi,” he replied, “But, I don’t wanna take up too much of your time. Looks like loverboy over there’s got a new outfit he wants to show you, and I know Zach’s been wanting to talk to you too,” he reminded her, picking up his duffle bag. He gave her a pat on the head, as despite her recent growth spurt, there were still a few inches separating their height. “We’ll talk later. Take good care of my brother, will ya?”

With that he jogged past her, heading back off toward where Leios and the others were seated. Most of his embarrassment was gone now, replaced by the calming assurance that his brother, who had clearly taken their mother’s death pretty hard as of late, was in good hands. Plus, it was nice to talk someone in the group who didn’t still think he was a rabid serial killer teetering on the edge of another murderous rampage. Granted, he didn’t blame them, his past was tainted with more sin and wrongdoing than arguably everybody here combined. Part of him wanted to make excuses, to blame his past actions on the Ashen’s influence over him in some effort to absolve himself in the eyes of his friends. But, he knew better, while the blame was partially on the shoulders of his unfortunate inheritance of the Ashen’s gaze, it was ultimately his hands that were stained red. That’s why having someone like Natsumi around was nice, their friendship was like a blank slate. A reminder that here, he had been given a chance to start anew.

Approaching the congregation of the others on the beach, he gave them a wave.

“What’s that I hear about volleyball?”
Derekjay2000
Derekjay2000

Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:52 pm
Cassidy sighed with relief as Yuu was sent off by Liss. She was amazed at how bold Yuu was, and how far Lissandra could send him flying. "Thank you, Lissandra" Cassidy said, still shielding her face with the parasol and still well red from embarrassment. Yuu was certainly a kind, and very unusual person, but he is also weirdly muscular. Looking back to see where Umi went, her shoulders slumped as Umi ran off to hang out with Solomon instead, "O-Oh...I'll talk to you later I guess!" She waved awkwardly, before slapping a hand over her face "Aaaaand I blew it!" She whined as she ran her hand down in exasperation. 'I had a chance and there it goes' Standing around, she perked up when she heard Rohan call out to her. "Huh? L-Lotion!?" She stuttered out, her face lighting up again. The idea of Rohan's strong hands running over her pale skin-

'WHY THE HELL AM I THINKING LIKE THAT!?!' She screamed internally, cursing her thought process. Having lived with what was basically three brothers, and since Iggy was barely even a teenager, despite his rather mature interest in girls, Rohan was really the first man she got to know. And if she was being honest, he wasn't AS BAD as she first thought. All and all leading to a very confusing mixture of feelings.

'It's nothing romantic at all! Right? Right!' She rationalized in her head, as she started to open her mouth. Though she paused as she looked down at Liss, who was none to pleased at Rohan's suggestion, 'Crap...' she thought sweating slightly and frantically looking away, "Uh...I d-don't need any help from you Rohan!" She huffed out, trying her best to seem confident, "Maybe you should just worry about Liss and yourself! Besides, I don't think it'd help..." She gestured to her entire body, referencing her albinism "No matter what you do to zero, it's still zero" With that she quickly speed walked away with a sigh of relief. 'But I should find a place to set up, I really can't stand the heat and sun...' she looked up past her parasol, watching as the others were starting to get ready for volleyball.
Naro
Naro

Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:17 pm
Rohan poured more lotion on his hands and just before he could start on Liss she glanced back with a dull expression. Then she changed her mind? Rohan was pretty confused at what was happening, he glanced over to Cassidy who was now rejecting his offer then he glanced back to Liss. What the f@ck was going on? He was just trying to be nice “wait Liss, i want to do it” he was the right one for this job not leios “I’m not busy at all Lissandra, lay down again” she couldn’t leave him like that “I’ll teach you how to drive as well, i bet leios couldn’t even turn on the vehicle.” Finally Rohan took notice of the battle currently happening. He could care less about someone fighting, but it was his sister which made him a little worried ‘she’s fine... she can handle this on her own’ as of now Rohan need to get Liss in a good mood, so he began rubbing his hands against her back “whoops my hands slipped!”
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum