Team Kios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knight Academy

+13
ConradCorax
Shadow Uchiha
Derekjay2000
Errant Singularity
Atlas
Naro
Avariel Flos
Jove
Skittles
Sammich
Voca
Riseha
Iskios
17 posters
Go down
Errant Singularity
Errant Singularity

Knight Academy  - Page 24 Empty Re: Knight Academy

Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:36 pm
Looking behind himself, Derek recognized Magnus from the forest. This kid was definitely trouble, if he pulled the same maneuver he'd have to keep his gut tight to not lose control again. "You know, all the heroes and police were given the order to stay away from me till further help arrives. Heard it on a radio outside. Why is your class so suicidal?" He questioned, gauging his remaining energy. From all the collisions, attacks, and collapses he'd been in since the attack started, he'd been keeping at around sixty percent energy. More than enough to finish the job. He was hired to spread terror and cause disruption for the enemy, and he'd definitely done so.

"I was hired to cause havoc, though honestly it's a pretty boring job. What I really came for was to attack this city, the heart of the west, at the points where it feels safest." He spread his arms, showing the destroyed bank, mall, and surrounding buildings. "If an entire army and an enemy of the state at the head of it all can assault Avalon, then nowhere is safe. Not with the government protecting you, not with the police, not with heroes. People will soon realize, they are the only ones responsible for their safety. They will fight back when people like me come, and they will stop being sheep, herded like animals under the false pretense of security." Aiming a lazy finger down at Magnus, he detonated the spot where he stood. "After this, I'm done with the men who hired me. I made my statement here, and soon I'll do it in Olympus over in Europe. I'll find some other scum looking for a henchman, and use them the same way I did here. The world will know, it's not safe until it makes itself safe."

From down where Magnus had been, a sound like gunfire broke out. Ten shots rang, and through the dust ten pitch black blades shot out. Tilting his head in confusion, Derek allowed them to strike. Stopping dead on his flesh, they retracted as fast as they came. "So, he is immune to physical damage." Clare observed to herself, both hands outstretched, aiming for Derek on top of the bank. Looking to her side, she noticed Magnus was here. "I'm guessing you're here to fight too, Sickle?"
Iskios
Iskios
Admin
Admin
https://teamkios.rpg-board.net

Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:01 am
Sammich wrote:Theo brightens a bit when he looks over the his pupils, most of them milling about as usual despite the recent happenings. The sight of their injuries still pangs him with guilt but he still smiles when the greet him.

"Yes Oran it should be a great day indeed."

-------------------------------

Miri decides that the new barista in the dining pavilion is shorting her on her espresso shots. The womans eyebrows had twisted in dispelief when she'd asked for six. She stifles a yawn as she exits her final class of the day. This was definitley a four espresso shot feeling. She trudges through the halls until she makes her way finally to the greenhouse. Her hand falls on the well worn door knob and she pushes it open gently.

Due to the advice of the doctor and Divinity to actually rest her injuries, Miri had not seen the place since before the 'camping trip'. Yet it was still the same as she'd left. A narrow walk way, paved with cobble stones runs down the middle of the long building, enough for two people to walk shoulder to shoulder. It's littered with some dirt and dried leaves but otherwise clean and well kept, a line of order in the (seemingly) chaotic collection of plants. They cover every table in the room, vines and hanging pots even dangle from the ceiling. The humidity is comforting to Miri as she strolls down the hall, glancing among the plants. Reaching the end of the room she plops down on a garden becnh, partially occupied by a tray of garden tools. She leans back and sighs heavily, allowing herself a moment of peace.

In a few moments she forces herself to return to reality, her hand slides into the front pocket of her bag as she realilzes she hasn't checked her phone all day. She pops open the old flip phone and peruses the messages.

------------------------------------

MOTHER - 9:05
MOTHER - 11:11
MOTHER (WORK) - 1:45
[BLOCKED NUMBER] - 1:46
MOTHER - 2:01

---------------------------------------

Then there's the mishmash of numbers for the student group chat. One downfall to still using old tech. She read through Oran's message.
"Hmmmm"

-------------------------------------------------

I'll pass on the shopping spree but count me in to the shindig - Miri B)

Theo heard whisperings during class of a party. The student body hadn't exactly been quiet. He didn't know much about what was going on but he felt a need to unwind and bond in a social manner was a remedy for the situation formerly at hand. Theo was back in his office 'grading papers' he told his fellow teachers. What papers? The kids hadn't been to class in a week! But he stewed in his office, star charts strewn about. He ran his hands over his head, feeling the unfamiliar ridges of his head wound.

He wondered if Vala was alright.

---------------------------------------------------

Miri loses herself in tending the plants for a while. Her peers off shopping she found herself procrastinating the social interaction by picking up something she'd been putting off in the green house. She settled in, turning on a battered radio in the corner to play old music she liked, taking off her knitted sweater and tying it around her waist. Repotting the fruit tree saplings has been on the list for a while now, she told herself as she could hear her phone buzz occasionally. Trying to focus on Billy Joel's voice instead what she assumed to be her pestering mother, she ignored it a while. Hands coated in dark soil, shades cast aside and curly hair pulled back loosely she worked in silence. The buzzing grew in frequency and Miri sighed in defeat. She was way to undercaffienated for this. Maybe being drunk would help.

She sprinkled more dirt around the roots of a peach tree sapling and lifted herself from the cobbled floor. Miri snapped open her phone to check the notifications.

The music on the radio buzzed out, an emergency broadcast sounded.

Miri's eyes went wide.

Bags under her eyes, hands still covered in gardening soil Miri went careening over the north wall of the school. They'll probably have the front gate on lockdown by now, she couldn't risk getting stuck here while her peers fought for their lives.

Not again.

Willing the earth to her as she sprinted, the mossy forest floor bending up to meet her. She formed her golem around herself, coated with moss and dry earth, saplings and bramble padding the shoulders and back. There this giant earthen being sprinted down the highway at top speed toward the city that smoked in the distance.

Errant Singularity wrote:Looking behind himself, Derek recognized Magnus from the forest. This kid was definitely trouble, if he pulled the same maneuver he'd have to keep his gut tight to not lose control again. "You know, all the heroes and police were given the order to stay away from me till further help arrives. Heard it on a radio outside. Why is your class so suicidal?" He questioned, gauging his remaining energy. From all the collisions, attacks, and collapses he'd been in since the attack started, he'd been keeping at around sixty percent energy. More than enough to finish the job. He was hired to spread terror and cause disruption for the enemy, and he'd definitely done so.

"I was hired to cause havoc, though honestly it's a pretty boring job. What I really came for was to attack this city, the heart of the west, at the points where it feels safest." He spread his arms, showing the destroyed bank, mall, and surrounding buildings. "If an entire army and an enemy of the state at the head of it all can assault Avalon, then nowhere is safe. Not with the government protecting you, not with the police, not with heroes. People will soon realize, they are the only ones responsible for their safety. They will fight back when people like me come, and they will stop being sheep, herded like animals under the false pretense of security." Aiming a lazy finger down at Magnus, he detonated the spot where he stood. "After this, I'm done with the men who hired me. I made my statement here, and soon I'll do it in Olympus over in Europe. I'll find some other scum looking for a henchman, and use them the same way I did here. The world will know, it's not safe until it makes itself safe."

From down where Magnus had been, a sound like gunfire broke out. Ten shots rang, and through the dust ten pitch black blades shot out. Tilting his head in confusion, Derek allowed them to strike. Stopping dead on his flesh, they retracted as fast as they came. "So, he is immune to physical damage." Clare observed to herself, both hands outstretched, aiming for Derek on top of the bank. Looking to her side, she noticed Magnus was here. "I'm guessing you're here to fight too, Sickle?"

A scoff escaped Magnus' throat as he stared at the villain incredulously. "Did you really just ask why my class is so suicidal? Do you really think we've been seeking out these situations? Why don't you tell me instead, considering you're the one who's attacked us twice already. And you can't make me believe that's just a coincidence."

He listened to the villain's speech, hoping Oran would arrive in the meantime. Magnus decided he'd have to keep the villain talking, his best option at the moment was to stall until he had help. If he attempted to take out the villain himself he might get lucky and manage to wipe his memory but failure could mean more innocent lives being lost to this maniac. So he responded to Derek, though it wasn't just to distract him. Magnus really believed in what he was about to say. "Oh great, I managed to get you monologue-ing. I hear you talking about everybody protecting themselves cause the heroes can't do it. And sure, the heroes haven't done the best job possible. I admit I've thought the same from time to time. But that doesn't mean you can just expect every last person to fight for life or death. How would the weak protect themselves? What if they want to do something else with their time besides live in constant fear? The heroes should be there to protect those who can't protect themselves. They do more than that and probably overstep their bounds, but do you really think anarchy will help the weak? I promise you it would only make it worse."

Magnus knew this guy was dangerous so he was ready when Derek finally decided to blow him up. Grabbing the nearest piece of debris from the ground with his chains he jumped away and used it as a shield from the flying bits of concrete. His vitals were safe but his legs had gotten pelted by the rocks, flaring up in pain. They were bleeding and the bone in his left leg was probably bruised but his power could make up for it, probably. This much injury was fine, though he didn't intend to get as badly wounded as he was in the forest ever again. However it might hamper his plan to use Full Discharge to catch the villain and wipe his memory, besides the memories required to keep his power in check, even if Derek tried to use his kinetic ability to speed away. But again, his legs were integral to that plan which meant he'd need help more than ever now.

Someone else attacked Derek at that moment and while it wasn't Oran, the help was welcome. Clare's obsidian masses didn't seem to be very effective against this foe and Magnus assumed they could easily be destroyed by Derek. She could be helpful in trying to trap the villain but they'd need even more help to pull this off and that'd require a miracle. Thankfully it just happened to be his lucky day.

The ground shook again, but Derek wasn't the source this time. Magnus glanced behind him and saw hurtling down a street in the distance a large earth golem. He was real glad to see that Miri had managed to make it to the mall. Even though she could have stayed put at the school and no one would have blamed her, she still went out of her way to put herself in danger and try to save them. It really made Magnus think that some of his classmates were true hero material. Miri's brute strength with her ability wouldn't help much directly, but he knew that there were a few other things she could do that would certainly be effective. "Miri! Welcome to the pre-game! We've just got one misguided villain and a few robots to deal with," Magnus called out, his voice echoing loudly down the street.

This time turning his attention back to Derek he spoke out to him once more, "Oh, and I wouldn't call this a victory if I were you just because you're practically immune to half the powers out there. There's still plenty of abilities that can mess you up. Speaking of which practically all of mine can take you out. You should honestly think about running right about, it's about to get dicey for you. Electricity charged up in his body like a capacitor, the air around him visibly humming."I'm going to need you two to restrain him with everything you've got! There's less than a 10 second window for this to work!" he yelled. Suddenly the electricity began to discharge, an overwhelming torrent pouring through Magnus' body as he sped up to crazy levels and shot towards the villain zig-zagging around. His chains were outstretched, swiping at Derek as he passed right by him. Yet, he could feel his legs not fully responding. He was going marvelously fast but it wasn't the top speed achievable with this technique. The only way this would work was if the others came through for him.
Sammich
Sammich

Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:02 pm
Errant Singularity wrote:Looking behind himself, Derek recognized Magnus from the forest. This kid was definitely trouble, if he pulled the same maneuver he'd have to keep his gut tight to not lose control again. "You know, all the heroes and police were given the order to stay away from me till further help arrives. Heard it on a radio outside. Why is your class so suicidal?" He questioned, gauging his remaining energy. From all the collisions, attacks, and collapses he'd been in since the attack started, he'd been keeping at around sixty percent energy. More than enough to finish the job. He was hired to spread terror and cause disruption for the enemy, and he'd definitely done so.

Iskios wrote:
Sammich wrote:Theo brightens a bit when he looks over the his pupils, most of them milling about as usual despite the recent happenings. The sight of their injuries still pangs him with guilt but he still smiles when the greet him.

"Yes Oran it should be a great day indeed."

-------------------------------

Miri decides that the new barista in the dining pavilion is shorting her on her espresso shots. The womans eyebrows had twisted in dispelief when she'd asked for six. She stifles a yawn as she exits her final class of the day. This was definitley a four espresso shot feeling. She trudges through the halls until she makes her way finally to the greenhouse. Her hand falls on the well worn door knob and she pushes it open gently.

Due to the advice of the doctor and Divinity to actually rest her injuries, Miri had not seen the place since before the 'camping trip'. Yet it was still the same as she'd left. A narrow walk way, paved with cobble stones runs down the middle of the long building, enough for two people to walk shoulder to shoulder. It's littered with some dirt and dried leaves but otherwise clean and well kept, a line of order in the (seemingly) chaotic collection of plants. They cover every table in the room, vines and hanging pots even dangle from the ceiling. The humidity is comforting to Miri as she strolls down the hall, glancing among the plants. Reaching the end of the room she plops down on a garden becnh, partially occupied by a tray of garden tools. She leans back and sighs heavily, allowing herself a moment of peace.

In a few moments she forces herself to return to reality, her hand slides into the front pocket of her bag as she realilzes she hasn't checked her phone all day. She pops open the old flip phone and peruses the messages.

------------------------------------

MOTHER - 9:05
MOTHER - 11:11
MOTHER (WORK) - 1:45
[BLOCKED NUMBER] - 1:46
MOTHER - 2:01

---------------------------------------

Then there's the mishmash of numbers for the student group chat. One downfall to still using old tech. She read through Oran's message.
"Hmmmm"

I'll pass on the shopping spree but count me in to the shindig - Miri B)

Theo heard whisperings during class of a party. The student body hadn't exactly been quiet. He didn't know much about what was going on but he felt a need to unwind and bond in a social manner was a remedy for the situation formerly at hand. Theo was back in his office 'grading papers' he told his fellow teachers. What papers? The kids hadn't been to class in a week! But he stewed in his office, star charts strewn about. He ran his hands over his head, feeling the unfamiliar ridges of his head wound.

He wondered if Vala was alright.

Miri loses herself in tending the plants for a while. Her peers off shopping she found herself procrastinating the social interaction by picking up something she'd been putting off in the green house. She settled in, turning on a battered radio in the corner to play old music she liked, taking off her knitted sweater and tying it around her waist. Repotting the fruit tree saplings has been on the list for a while now, she told herself as she could hear her phone buzz occasionally. Trying to focus on Billy Joel's voice instead what she assumed to be her pestering mother, she ignored it a while. Hands coated in dark soil, shades cast aside and curly hair pulled back loosely she worked in silence. The buzzing grew in frequency and Miri sighed in defeat. She was way to undercaffienated for this. Maybe being drunk would help.

She sprinkled more dirt around the roots of a peach tree sapling and lifted herself from the cobbled floor. Miri snapped open her phone to check the notifications.

The music on the radio buzzed out, an emergency broadcast sounded.

Miri's eyes went wide.

Bags under her eyes, hands still covered in gardening soil Miri went careening over the north wall of the school. They'll probably have the front gate on lockdown by now, she couldn't risk getting stuck here while her peers fought for their lives.

Not again.

Willing the earth to her as she sprinted, the mossy forest floor bending up to meet her. She formed her golem around herself, coated with moss and dry earth, saplings and bramble padding the shoulders and back. There this giant earthen being sprinted down the highway at top speed toward the city that smoked in the distance.

A scoff escaped Magnus' throat as he stared at the villain incredulously. "Did you really just ask why my class is so suicidal? Do you really think we've been seeking out these situations? Why don't you tell me instead, considering you're the one who's attacked us twice already. And you can't make me believe that's just a coincidence."

He listened to the villain's speech, hoping Oran would arrive in the meantime. Magnus decided he'd have to keep the villain talking, his best option at the moment was to stall until he had help. If he attempted to take out the villain himself he might get lucky and manage to wipe his memory but failure could mean more innocent lives being lost to this maniac. So he responded to Derek, though it wasn't just to distract him. Magnus really believed in what he was about to say. "Oh great, I managed to get you monologue-ing. I hear you talking about everybody protecting themselves cause the heroes can't do it. And sure, the heroes haven't done the best job possible. I admit I've thought the same from time to time. But that doesn't mean you can just expect every last person to fight for life or death. How would the weak protect themselves? What if they want to do something else with their time besides live in constant fear? The heroes should be there to protect those who can't protect themselves. They do more than that and probably overstep their bounds, but do you really think anarchy will help the weak? I promise you it would only make it worse."

Magnus knew this guy was dangerous so he was ready when Derek finally decided to blow him up. Grabbing the nearest piece of debris from the ground with his chains he jumped away and used it as a shield from the flying bits of concrete. His vitals were safe but his legs had gotten pelted by the rocks, flaring up in pain. They were bleeding and the bone in his left leg was probably bruised but his power could make up for it, probably. This much injury was fine, though he didn't intend to get as badly wounded as he was in the forest ever again. However it might hamper his plan to use Full Discharge to catch the villain and wipe his memory, besides the memories required to keep his power in check, even if Derek tried to use his kinetic ability to speed away. But again, his legs were integral to that plan which meant he'd need help more than ever now.

Someone else attacked Derek at that moment and while it wasn't Oran, the help was welcome. Clare's obsidian masses didn't seem to be very effective against this foe and Magnus assumed they could easily be destroyed by Derek. She could be helpful in trying to trap the villain but they'd need even more help to pull this off and that'd require a miracle. Thankfully it just happened to be his lucky day.

The ground shook again, but Derek wasn't the source this time. Magnus glanced behind him and saw hurtling down a street in the distance a large earth golem. He was real glad to see that Miri had managed to make it to the mall. Even though she could have stayed put at the school and no one would have blamed her, she still went out of her way to put herself in danger and try to save them. It really made Magnus think that some of his classmates were true hero material. Miri's brute strength with her ability wouldn't help much directly, but he knew that there were a few other things she could do that would certainly be effective. "Miri! Welcome to the pre-game! We've just got one misguided villain and a few robots to deal with," Magnus called out, his voice echoing loudly down the street.

This time turning his attention back to Derek he spoke out to him once more, "Oh, and I wouldn't call this a victory if I were you just because you're practically immune to half the powers out there. There's still plenty of abilities that can mess you up. Speaking of which practically all of mine can take you out. You should honestly think about running right about, it's about to get dicey for you. Electricity charged up in his body like a capacitor, the air around him visibly humming."I'm going to need you two to restrain him with everything you've got! There's less than a 10 second window for this to work!" he yelled. Suddenly the electricity began to discharge, an overwhelming torrent pouring through Magnus' body as he sped up to crazy levels and shot towards the villain zig-zagging around. His chains were outstretched, swiping at Derek as he passed right by him. Yet, he could feel his legs not fully responding. He was going marvelously fast but it wasn't the top speed achievable with this technique. The only way this would work was if the others came through for him.

Trying her best not to waste time Miri only stops once on her track to the city. Her goal was her peers, who would surely be at the source of the destruction which was most likely where the smoke was coming from. She stopped only a few times along the way to lift debris for evacuating citizens. I suppose this is one of the better parts about hero-ing, she thinks to herself. But she found herself still not sold on the idea. So she ventures off again to her goal.

Miri hurtles down the streets of the city, deftly avoiding civilians underfoot as if they were buds in a patch. She focuses too much on avoiding them though and does not look to the danger ahead until she heard Magnus' voice echo down the street.

"MAGNUS?" Her distorted voice bellows so deep it shakes the ground more. "GLAD TO BE HERE MY GUY she gets the chance to observe the scene through the tiny holes of her golem forms face. She spots the man from the forest. Her gut rolls, the memory of the quakes she experienced bubbling to the surface. There was no way she could get close to him on the ground, one shock from him and she'd be incapacitated again. Literal dead weight as it were.

"I'LL HANDLE THE BOTS." She states. "BE SAFE" She shouts to everyone in the vicinity. Wasting no time she zeroes in on the nearest bot and lunges for a rougish tackle.

"COME TO MAMA!!"
Atlas
Atlas

Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:02 am
Immediately after Magnus pulled Nagare under cover the robot attack began. But before he had a chance to tell Magnus that it wasn't necessary to try to save him, he found that the blond had already jumped down to the first floor. Without further ado Nagare sprinted off in the direction of the commotion. It hadn't taken him but moments to recognize both the power, as well as the villian using it. He was less than useless in the last battle, but he was determined to get his revenge this time.

It didn't take long for Nagare to run into his first group of robots. 'Maybe a group lead by that Janitor guy?' He thought, hoping he wouldnt have to fight just yet. But he was quickly disproven as the robots prepared to attack. Before they could, several spears made of bone shot from Nagare's hands, ripping the robots asunder.

'By now, surely one of the other has found him. Those bastards better leave some for me..' He throught to himself as he continued through the mall. It seemed that most of the civilians nearby either couldn't be saved, or were hidden away. It wasnt long before he found his target, as well as Magnus and Clare.

"Hey Volts, why're you bothering with talking? We should be knocking this guy senseless. Because if this idiot escapes, I'm going to be pissed." He finished just as Magnus began his attack. Nagare fell on one knee and slammed his hand onto the ground, causing a mass of flesh-like tendrils to shoot from the ground around Derek, wrapping around his legs to hold him on place
Errant Singularity
Errant Singularity

Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:03 pm
Bored now that there were no more robots in her general vicinity, Serenity began to look outside the mall with several cameras. Sneaking one up around the top floors just in case, she managed to spot a man in a room near the back. Considering going after him, as he was sitting by two deads guards, she decided against. People would probably blame her if there was blood on her chainsaw.

Sending a pair of braids out into the entrance and the back area, she nearly dipped into the pool, thankfully avoiding it. Looking past, she spotted some of her compatriots. Zooming in, she noticed they were all facing a man on top of the next door bank. Slinking and sliding over and under obstacles till she got to them, she screeched in revolt. There was a disgusting figure nearby, whom she threw them camera at, followed by someone she grabbed from the entrance, and a toilet.

"You sure seem content to not simply run to fight elsewhere, I'd call that suicidal." Derek could see from his vantage point, some massive construct coming down the road. Looking back down at Magnus, he considered his reply. "The world will grow stronger, even if some fail on the way, it's their own fault for not being strong enough. Just today I saw a man go from being beaten like a dog to standing up, and using his power to fight back. You know what it was? He could make cement from his skin. Something so simple and pedestrian, yet when his back was to the wall, he managed to become stronger than he thought he was. Everyone's powers can be used in some way, someone with telekenesis can move knives, teleporters can hold an entire arsenal of weapons in their hands, hell, one of the most dangerous men this country ever saw in the last century simply used his power to cook food on people. And he was labeled a hero simply because the state paid him to assault people, for thinking differently!"

As the dust settled, he nodded in approval as Magnus made the right choice of defense for the moment. "You have good instincts, it will serve you well when the world is as it should be." Reaching to grab Clare's blades, he sighed as they went back. "And who might you be? I'd check on the list, but sadly my phone was dropped somewhere. Your blades are dull, however. There's no way they're going to-" Grunting as something wrapped around his legs, he looked down to see some of the same braids as before, as well as what looked like a long, fleshy noodle of some sort. Looking up, he noticed Magnus was missing, and that there was a student flying through the air. She was rather small, and he didn't recognize her at all... It appeared she was lobbed by the same type of braid holding his legs.

Last edited by Errant Singularity on Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Atlas
Atlas

Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:18 pm
Dear Alistair Rosewell

I am not able my identity at this time, but I assure you, I am not an enemy. I've been informed that you are looking for your lost father, and I believe I have some information regarding the matter. Not long ago, while in Avalon, I happened across a group of people and one of then happened to mention a 'Horace' and later in the conversation, a 'Rosewell'. Unfortunate, I cannot guarantee a connection to your father. Only speculation. Hopefully this leads to something, and you find your father.

Regards,
An Old Friend.

Alistair scanned over the letter once more as he boarded his jet. He was skeptical about the entire ordeal, but had hit a dead end and had no other leads. His father, Horace Rosewell, had mysteriously vanished when Alistair was a child, and had left no trail behind. Locard's Exchange Principle states that a criminal will always leave behind evidence. But nothing could be found in this case. No one could even determine an actual crime scene. Aside from the occasional false lead, the case had gone cold and had been forgotten about by law enforcement.

He took his seat and read over it one more time before reluctantly signalling for the pilot to take off. In only moments, he could feel the plane moving forward and start to lift from the ground. There was a moment of turbulence but it quickly passed and the plane steadied itself. The brown-haired man tossed the letter onto a nearby table and leaned back in his chair.

After about an hour, a young woman silently strode by, placing a glass of whiskey on the table. Alistair sat up and grabbed the glass, taking a small sip just as his cellphone rang. "Ali, we've got an emergency." A rather young, male sounding voice came through. "Something is going down in Avalon. Some has attacked, and there are reports of robots all over the place. I'll fill you in on the details as they come in." Before he could reply, a light tone sounded as the caller hang up.

Alistair stood from his seat and hurried to the cockpit. He swung open the door that separated the cabin and cockpit and shouted "Gin, we need to get to Avalon pronto! Apparently, there's something pretty big going on." He got no reply from the pilot, but he knew that his request was heard when he felt the plan suddenly speed up significantly.
Errant Singularity
Errant Singularity

Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:07 pm
Sitting  in his desk chair, Bruce listened to a news report. Avalon was under attack, Bruce turned in his seat to watch the TV screen. Simple robots, for the most part, were what was causing the panic. One villain was present, Epicentral, one of the high priority ones in Europe, though he wasn't as active in North America. Tapping the Newton's cradle on his desk, he let it go for a moment before smacking it. "Damn thing's too loud..." He grumbled to himself, pressing a blinking button to let his secretary in. "What is it? Someone have a meeting?" He demanded, staring at her intently.

"Uh, it's Avalon, sir. Last I heard, your daughters are there... Shouldn't you go make sure they're safe?"

Standing up to his full height, head nearly scraping the roof, he towered over the woman. Hair igniting at the tips, the smell of brunt leather came from behind him. "Are you trying to say my daughters can't handle some low-life with a few tinker toys? Clare should be able to eliminate him in mere moments if she's learned anything at that low quality academy, and Renae can definitely handle someone of his caliber. He's just an upper Tier 2, as far as we can tell. Me going there would be a waste of my time, or any hero ranked about thirty." Sitting back down, he patted out a small flame on the curtain behind him. "Either way, I'm sure he'll be dealt with swiftly, even if my girl's are too busy with other things." Turning back away, he shouted a little as he noticed the burn on his chair. "Order me a new chair, and buy me some ice cream. Dutch chocolate, double scoop. Now."
Iskios
Iskios
Admin
Admin

Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:15 pm
Sammich wrote:
Trying her best not to waste time Miri only stops once on her track to the city. Her goal was her peers, who would surely be at the source of the destruction which was most likely where the smoke was coming from. She stopped only a few times along the way to lift debris for evacuating citizens. I suppose this is one of the better parts about hero-ing, she thinks to herself. But she found herself still not sold on the idea. So she ventures off again to her goal.

Miri hurtles down the streets of the city, deftly avoiding civilians underfoot as if they were buds in a patch. She focuses too much on avoiding them though and does not look to the danger ahead until she heard Magnus' voice echo down the street.

"MAGNUS?" Her distorted voice bellows so deep it shakes the ground more. "GLAD TO BE HERE MY GUY she gets the chance to observe the scene through the tiny holes of her golem forms face. She spots the man from the forest. Her gut rolls, the memory of the quakes she experienced bubbling to the surface. There was no way she could get close to him on the ground, one shock from him and she'd be incapacitated again. Literal dead weight as it were.

"I'LL HANDLE THE BOTS." She states. "BE SAFE" She shouts to everyone in the vicinity. Wasting no time she zeroes in on the nearest bot and lunges for a rougish tackle.

"COME TO MAMA!!"

Atlas wrote:Immediately after Magnus pulled Nagare under cover the robot attack began. But before he had a chance to tell Magnus that it wasn't necessary to try to save him, he found that the blond had already jumped down to the first floor. Without further ado Nagare sprinted off in the direction of the commotion. It hadn't taken him but moments to recognize both the power, as well as the villian using it. He was less than useless in the last battle, but he was determined to get his revenge this time.

It didn't take long for Nagare to run into his first group of robots. 'Maybe a group lead by that Janitor guy?' He thought, hoping he wouldnt have to fight just yet. But he was quickly disproven as the robots prepared to attack. Before they could, several spears made of bone shot from Nagare's hands, ripping the robots asunder.

'By now, surely one of the other has found him. Those bastards better leave some for me..' He throught to himself as he continued through the mall. It seemed that most of the civilians nearby either couldn't be saved, or were hidden away. It wasnt long before he found his target, as well as Magnus and Clare.

"Hey Volts, why're you bothering with talking? We should be knocking this guy senseless. Because if this idiot escapes, I'm going to be pissed." He finished just as Magnus began his attack. Nagare fell on one knee and slammed his hand onto the ground, causing a mass of flesh-like tendrils to shoot from the ground around Derek, wrapping around his legs to hold him on place

Errant Singularity wrote:Bored now that there were no more robots in her general vicinity, Serenity began to look outside the mall with several cameras. Sneaking one up around the top floors just in case, she managed to spot a man in a room near the back. Considering going after him, as he was sitting by two deads guards, she decided against. People would probably blame her if there was blood on her chainsaw.

Sending a pair of braids out into the entrance and the back area, she nearly dipped into the pool, thankfully avoiding it. Looking past, she spotted some of her compatriots. Zooming in, she noticed they were all facing a man on top of the next door bank. Slinking and sliding over and under obstacles till she got to them, she screeched in revolt. There was a disgusting figure nearby, whom she threw them camera at, followed by someone she grabbed from the entrance, and a toilet.

"You sure seem content to not simply run to fight elsewhere, I'd call that suicidal." Derek could see from his vantage point, some massive construct coming down the road. Looking back down at Magnus, he considered his reply. "The world will grow stronger, even if some fail on the way, it's their own fault for not being strong enough. Just today I saw a man go from being beaten like a dog to standing up, and using his power to fight back. You know what it was? He could make cement from his skin. Something so simple and pedestrian, yet when his back was to the wall, he managed to become stronger than he thought he was. Everyone's powers can be used in some way, someone with telekenesis can move knives, teleporters can hold an entire arsenal of weapons in their hands, hell, one of the most dangerous men this country ever saw in the last century simply used his power to cook food on people. And he was labeled a hero simply because the state paid him to assault people, for thinking differently!"

As the dust settled, he nodded in approval as Magnus made the right choice of defense for the moment. "You have good instincts, it will serve you well when the world is as it should be." Reaching to grab Clare's blades, he sighed as they went back. "And who might you be? I'd check on the list, but sadly my phone was dropped somewhere. Your blades are dull, however. There's no way they're going to-" Grunting as something wrapped around his legs, he looked down to see some of the same braids as before, as well as what looked like a long, fleshy noodle of some sort. Looking up, he noticed Magnus was missing, and that there was a student flying through the air. She was rather small, and he didn't recognize her at all... It appeared she was lobbed by the same type of braid holding his legs.

"We saw what happened when the attack began... it's because of that that we can't run away. Why do you insist on powers being used as weapons? They don't have to all be like that, in my opinion it's fine to use a power to help others and to delegate only some people to use their powers to protect. It's just sometimes they need a little help to do their job too." His mind was elsewhere at this point, he still spoke from the heart but his goal was to find the rapidly approaching opportunity to end the fight in their favor. With his Full Discharge activated, most of his electricity was being released within a very short period of time. Miri's voice bellowed that she would fight the bots. He couldn't blame her considering how incompatible her power was against Derek's and it was a good idea to prevent the robots from destroying more of the city while they kept Derek busy there. Luckily others had arrived too. Spotting Nagare out of the corner of his eye he could see him send fleshy tendrils into the ground and Magnus had a good idea of what he was attempting. He saw Serenity's braids as well, and Rel and a toilet flying through the air.

Magnus didn't bother to respond to Derek's comment about his instincts because if his technique was successful the villain wouldn't remember what Magnus said anyway. Magnus had gained those instincts when he was out on the streets and had to survive on his own. It felt to him that Derek was speaking from a place where he hadn't been in that situation. Having to fight constantly for your own survival wasn't going to help the world. It'd just produce a population of broken people. It was good to be able to depend on someone else, to learn from them. His favorite memory was when his current guardian first found and took him in.

Right now he would have to prove that heroes are capable of saving others by stopping Derek in his tracks. The opening was finally presented when Nagare's tendrils and Serenity's braids grabbed onto the villain. Magnus bolted around the back side of the bank at extreme speeds positive that Derek hadn't caught sight of him when he released his Full Discharge. He shot several blasts of electricity from the left side of Derek at the man's right arm and leg meant to numb and further disable him before bolting around to the other side and doing the same. The next moment he was directly behind Derek and the chains of his left hand wrapped around the man's head.

Three seconds had passed since his Full Discharge had started when he began using his memory alteration ability. He'd require nearly 6 total seconds to do enough damage to end the fight and he had only 7 seconds remaining before the power needed to use his technique would run out. There was no doubt that Derek's instincts would kick in and he'd try to shake them all off. That meant he'd have only  a single second to get away that reactionary attack and return to the villain in time to wipe enough of his memory. The very first thing he did was do an initial scan of Derek's memories, this took 2 seconds and in that time he decided which memories to target. He found out that Derek could only control the robot army with his phone and that phone happened to be the one Magnus had accidentally stepped on and broken earlier. Another thing he had discovered in his cursory look into the villain's memories was the voice of one of the members of S.I.N. Unfortunately he hadn't learned much more. Magnus immediately began the process of memory destruction by first removing the villain's memories from when he exited the mall until the present, this took a mere half second. From experience, Magnus knew that a human who suddenly notices they're in a different environment and situation will generally take 100 milliseconds, or one tenth of a second, to react to danger. Magnus would have a little more time than that because for just a moment Derek would believe he was still in the mall. A good estimate was it would take 500 total milliseconds after Derek's current understanding of the situation was removed before his reactionary attack could come out. In that half second remaining before the villain would be able to attack, Magnus removed the man's stored memory of the city's layout to try to prevent him from escaping. He'd still be able to recall things about the city associated with other memories but he wouldn't be able to access it easily. His time for the first part was up and Magnus prepared to jump back using his electrical speed boost, he was cutting it extremely close though. 4 seconds remained
of his Full Discharge technique.
Errant Singularity
Errant Singularity

Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:51 pm
As his arm and leg went numb, Derek understood what Magnus was trying to do. If his leg wasn't disabled at the moment, he'd move to intercept the kid and simply take him out here, the kid was definitely a problem. Welling up energy, he felt Magnus' chains wrap around his head for a moment- and he released. As the blast surged out, he wasn't sure where everything had gone. One moment the walls were around him, and a nest of hair, now he was outside. Whatever it was, he had to get this hat off.

Feeling a rush of kinetic energy leave his gut, he opened his eyes in shock as blood and string blew up around him. Something had happened, and something was making sound behind him. From his upper spine he released a blast of energy, then grabbed something behind, a shirt. Throwing it at the ground, he found one of the kids from the forest attack swinging through the air in it, his chains flailing about above him away from Derek. Using his energy to boost his leg, he booted the kid in the chest as he fell, then released energy downwards, sending him careening into the metal vault below.

Looking back and forth, he assessed the situation. The kid likely zapped his head, causing him to forget where he was for a moment. Eyes fluttering for a second, black patches covered his vision randomly, everything else blurred a little. Racing forward, he went to smash Nagare with his fist, before something collided with him. One of the students had banged into him in the air, followed quickly by a toilet. Dropping the both of them, he stepped back a little and looked in the direction of the bank entrance. Nothing was coming out yet.
Iskios
Iskios
Admin
Admin

Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:20 pm
Errant Singularity wrote:As his arm and leg went numb, Derek understood what Magnus was trying to do. If his leg wasn't disabled at the moment, he'd move to intercept the kid and simply take him out here, the kid was definitely a problem. Welling up energy, he felt Magnus' chains wrap around his head for a moment- and he released. As the blast surged out, he wasn't sure where everything had gone. One moment the walls were around him, and a nest of hair, now he was outside. Whatever it was, he had to get this hat off.

Feeling a rush of kinetic energy leave his gut, he opened his eyes in shock as blood and string blew up around him. Something had happened, and something was making sound behind him. From his upper spine he released a blast of energy, then grabbed something behind, a shirt. Throwing it at the ground, he found one of the kids from the forest attack swinging through the air in it, his chains flailing about above him away from Derek. Using his energy to boost his leg, he booted the kid in the chest as he fell, then released energy downwards, sending him careening into the metal vault below.

Looking back and forth, he assessed the situation. The kid likely zapped his head, causing him to forget where he was for a moment. Eyes fluttering for a second, black patches covered his vision randomly, everything else blurred a little. Racing forward, he went to smash Nagare with his fist, before something collided with him. One of the students had banged into him in the air, followed quickly by a toilet. Dropping the both of them, he stepped back a little and looked in the direction of the bank entrance. Nothing was coming out yet.

Magnus had just barely failed to get away in time. It pissed him off because he even over-estimated how long it should have taken, at least he thought he had. Evidently that wasn't the case. He didn't have time to react after getting hit by the kinetic blast, rather he was still in the process of being blown away when he was grabbed from the shirt by Derek and thrown into the ground. The wind was knocked out of him and he coughed up a decent amount of blood when he was boost kicked in the chest and blasted again with energy sending him down into the bank's vault. 2 seconds had passed.

2 seconds remained of Magnus' Full Discharge, once that was up he'd be out of energy. He felt no pain at the moment, his Full Discharge specifically preventing his pain sensing neurons from being able to send a signal. The moment he reached the ground he rolled and was on his feet again. Magnus was already behind Derek's peripheral by the time the villain looked towards the bank. 1 second of Full Discharge remained. There wasn't much he could do with only that amount of time left but he'd try anyways to help with classmates. He had finally realized the most effective part of Derek he could target as well. Learning from his past mistakes he used the last of his energy and put his hands to Derek's spine and administered a strong but precise shock, hopefully one that wouldn't cause the villain's muscles to spasm again. 0 seconds remained of Full Discharge. Magnus fell backwards still conscious but no longer able to move; his pain sensors finally coming back online and a ragged shriek escaped his throat.
Atlas
Atlas

Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:12 am
[Nagare]
One moment, Nagare was preparing himself to attempt dodging Derek's fist, and the next he was watched as Magnus managed to deliver a few blows. Having lost to Derek before, Nagare had already guessed that whatever Fusebox was doing, it wasn't going to be enough. Nagare was barely able to keep up with the fight, and only managed with his enhanced eyes, but it didn't matter. By the time he realized what had happened, Magnus was done for.

Taking advantage of the damage Magnus had already dealt to the villian, he began his own attack. He knew that if he got too close, he would be easily beaten again. From where is left arm once was, a mass of flesh and bone began to grow rapidly, forming a new arm. He extended both of his arms out to his side just as they began to split into several smaller, bladed tentacle like limbs. One by one, they began to shoot forward towards Derek, each in a different direction. From the ground where the flesh tendrils had been buried, several more shot from the ground. By now, Derek was surrounded by several razor sharp blades with several more sitting back in reserve

[Alistair]
"Sir, we are passing over Avalon now. Should I attempt to land?" A voice rang over the plane's loudspeaker. Alistair glanced through the window near his seat, and could immediately spot where the attack had taken place. He knocked on the cockpit door twice before sliding it open. "No time to land. I need to get down there as soon as possible. Take the plane back to the hanger. Ill call if I need extraction." He pulled open a locker near the cockpit and grabbed a black bag from inside. He strapped it to his back and closed both the locker and cockpit door. Alistair moved to the tail end of the plain, where the exit door was located. He grabbed the lever and pulled it, causing the door to swing open and creating a vacuum that pulled any loose objects out of the plane. Alistair pulled on the bag straps to make sure they were tight, and then immediately dived from the plane. He plummeted downwards, pulling his parachute at the last moment.

He landed a short distance from his target spot, but decided that it wouldn't have been the best idea to land right on top of an unknown enemy anyways. By memorizing what he had seen from above, he was able to quickly make his way to where he had assumed the villain was. When he arrived, several others, who he hadn't recognized, had already started the fight. His focus was mainly on the kid who seemed like he had been given a pretty bad pounding. The next thing he noticed were the dozens of tentacles surrounding a man who he recognized from the several reports from around the world he had laying in his office. He knew right away that he was a villain, but it took a few moments to figure out who the others were. It finally clicked, and he remembered that they were the Knights Academy students. He recognized a fee faces from the reports about the incident that happened during the team exercise in the forest earlier. So that ruled them out as possible accomplices. But they could still be a problem.

"Students, stand down!" He waved his hand through the air, instantly halving the power of everyone nearby. The students were fighting a villain who was clearly a much stronger opponent than they could handle. He couldn't risk it if they decided they wanted to jump in.

"You. Villain. Stand down and surrender yourself! You've caused enough trouble already." He shouted, facing Derek with a stern expression. Of course he knew that wouldn't work. If he was going to be arrested, it would be by force.

Errant Singularity
Errant Singularity

Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:16 pm
A woman was walking through the west parking lot of the mall, or rather, she was dancing. Dipping under and beside the robots, raising and swinging her arms, even taking some as partners for a moment as they were disabled, the raven haired woman seemed to be rather enjoying herself. Around her, thousands of tiny projectiles flew, minuscule obsidian shards that made a twister of black around her wherever she went. The blades shredded anything that touched them, tearing through metal like butter. Pooling at her feet, seemingly dripping from her fingernails, were marbles made of red and black glass, the black orbs shattering and joining the twister. Clasping her hands and smiling, she looked at the dozens of machines that were targeting her. "I'm sorry, my performance is almost over! However, for such a captive audience," The obsidian fell to the ground, reforming into their tiny spherical forms. "I shall put on a true display! Ignis!" As she shouted, the red marbles burst into flames, a complete inferno in an instant burning around her. Continuing her dancing, she turned nearly two hundred of the robots to mere slag in less than a minute. Unclasping her hands, the fire died down, all the marbles disappearing back into her fingernails. "I wonder if Clare's having fun as well..." She wondered aloud, walking through to the civilians.

Feeling his back go numb, Derek tried to spin around and confront Magnus once more. He had sworn his last attack would put him down, but this time it definitely would. Losing control of his one arm temporarily, he struggled to turn to the boy as he cried in pain. "I'll let you survive, unless you get back up." Stamping down on Magnus' hand, he loosed a blast directly into it, shattering the bones and severing the chains from his hand. Lifting the boy with his foot, he gently launched him towards the concrete, flailing like a ragdoll. His arm still unresponsive, he punched it near the shoulder blade, trying to get any reaction from it. There was sensation in the finger tips, he'd likely be fine in a few hours.

Using a pair of spheres molded into hands, Clare caught Magnus in the air before dropping him at her feet. "I thought since you matched Addervein you'd do better..." Looking up at Derek, she considered whether or not to attack him again as a distraction. The effort worth more than the reward, she merely stepped back a little, using her orbs to drag Magnus a little over. "You seem to have a bad habit for getting hurt... Well, all the boys in the class do, actually. You all seem a little thick, or needlessly brave... Or both." Seeing a twister of fire erupt on the other side of the mall, she groaned for a moment. Her sister was here...

As blades began to hover around him, Derek grabbed one with his hand. They weren't sharp enough to get through his power, thankfully. "Kid, do you feel everything that happens to these?" he inquired as he used a small amount of energy to shatter the bone in his grip. Content to allow the others to remain, unable to harm him, his eyes opened some as Alistair arrived. "And who would you be?" He demanded, recognizing that he had to be a hero. "Some dog sent out to save people, I'm guessing." Raising his hand up, palm flat in the air, he released a small blast of energy. Watching as the man stood there, he was confused when it only cracked the concrete at his feet. He had meant to break a foot at least...
Naro
Naro

Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:03 pm
Oran kept getting sidetracked but robots attacking the civilians, robots attacking him, Magnus could probably be as good as dead right now. After saving a family from some robots he felt the ground shake a bit, looking around for a bigger robot. He found a friend, Miri from class. Hearing her talk to Magnus made it easier to pinpoint his locations, plus she wanted to help against the rbots so he could leave that to her “I’ll have to thank her later...”

Running towards the bank he heard severe loud noise coming from it. Magnus must be putting a good fight. His electricity would be good against someone like the villain, the road was blocked off by cars people left and debri from builds. He immediately took a different route, from above to get a vantage point on the villain. Once he reached the top a plane fly by and dropping someone off... perhaps another threat? Or maybe it was a pro. Checking quickly from the top of the small building he noticed Magnus laying on the ground, nagare attemping to attack the villain with his power, and the new person who just arrived. His face expression lighten up once he recognized him.

Taking a deep breath and powering up to 35% Oran finally jumped from the building, in a mystery of seconds he was able to dash towards the villain. Quickly placing his hand on his head, Oran slammed him down then once he boucnced back up a butterfly kick welcomed him. Knocking him into the banks wall “that’s the number 2 Hero... you haven’t forgotten about me have you?”
Atlas
Atlas

Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:24 pm
"A dog sent out to save some people...Not quite. Im here of my own accord. Really, I would've left it to some other hero, but youre endangering my personal mission.". Alistair glanced down at the ground, where the villains feeble attack had damaged some concrete. Alistair took a step towards the villain just as someone dashed past him, attacking the villain. Ali gave a short laugh as the kid introduced Alistair as #2. "Hey kid, thats my line. Now scram. This is my job. I dont want you guys getting hurt by this guy. Because then it would be my responsibility."

Alistair dashed forward, kneeing Derek in the stomach before spinkicking, sending him flying a good distance. "Dont fight man. Youre what? 20? Somewhere around there? Give up and Ill see if I can reduce your sentance just a bit. You dont have to make it worse for yourself." Alistair let out a sigh as he positioned himself into a fighting stance. "Besides, surely you know who I am. You dont have much of a chance against me."
Errant Singularity
Errant Singularity

Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:41 pm
Looking on as Oran struck him, Derek had to smile. Even with his power reduced, it only got a mild reaction out of physical damage. "Do you remember every ant you step on in a walk down the road? Neither do I." He inquired as Oran jumped back, introducing his new opponent for him. He'd heard of the man before, he was a rather effective hero, likely as most people weren't strong enough to fight with handicaps. Derek, however, always handicapped himself, so as to let the strong survive. This would be interesting at least, but if someone of his calibre was here, that meant more of the higher ranked heroes were likely coming to intercept. He'd stick around for one, maybe two more minutes.

"You talk large, but your hit there didn't even hurt that much. Are you holding back, or do you just hide behind that power of yours?" Forcing extra energy in his legs compared to normal, he dashed from the spot on the wall to ten feet from Alistair. Aiming a blast towards where Clare and Magnus stood, he used the momentum to appear behind Alistair, grabbing his shoulder and releasing five percent of his energy straight into the man, knocking off his stance before sliding back and standing straight, waiting for the next attack. Eyes snapping open as something streaked past him, he could feel his cheek sting. An obsidian blade receded from beside his head, though he caught it on it's way back, cracking then shattering it. The shards left several small scratches on him hand, not enough to pierce the skin however.
Atlas
Atlas

Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:57 pm
"Of course it didn't have much behind it. Surely you've heard of power gauging before? Besides, I don't want to accidentally kill you." Alistair stood where he was, even after the villain had fired a blast off towards the student. They could handle a weak attack, he figured. Derek's movements were hardly a challenge for Alistair to predict. Even still, he continued to stand in place as Derek attacked from behind.Just before Derek could release the energy, Alistair ducked forward, swinging his feet upwards and knocking the villains hand away and following through with a flip, landing smoothly on his feet, facing the villain. Again, he dashed forward, delivering several punches into Derek's gut to momentarily stun him. Alistair then wound up before sending a very powerful roundhouse kick careening into the villain's jaw, connecting cleanly and sending him flying once more.
Errant Singularity
Errant Singularity

Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:26 pm
As his hit was redirected, Derek watched the one half of the bank explode onto the opposing street, blown like a house of cards. Had it landed, something would have broken for sure. "You're still holding back." Derek could feel some of his hit, he knew if the man didn't somehow reduce his powers, he'd be an easier fight. "Don't." As he spoke, a foot came down at his face, causing his jaw to go partially numb from impact. It seemed like he was able to predict his attacks, at least the physical ones. He had no proper reading on his power, or so it seemed. This was an advantage for him, he knew he could land the next hit.

Making the exact same maneuvers as his last attack, down to the shoulder grab, however this time he let the energy shoot out from his entire front half, destroying the area around Alistair and sending him into a momentary freefall into the compartment under the street, seemingly a storage room in the mall. Landing a square punch on his chest as he fell, Derek released six percent of his energy, smashing Alistair through some crates like water. Allowing a chunk of the road to hit his back, he absorbed part of the energy, though the concrete smarted on his back. Eyes widening as something wrapped around his waist, he looked down to see Serenity's braids coiling around him,  before looking over to see Alistair equally constricted. His vision became more blurry, whatever the girl had given him in the mall was taking more effect. He had to get out of here quickly or things could turn bad.
Naro
Naro

Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:15 pm
Back at the base the bearded man walked through a portal created by another of their subordinates. It was pretty handy to get to places. He was holding a white plastic bag with red Chinese letter, looking at his watch he looked around for his daughter “It’s almost time, she’s never late...” he left the food on the table and took a seat. Patiently waiting for her arrival, he just kept looking at his watch every few seconds.

Standing up and opening the bag of food, the man took out the plate, fork, drink, sauces, and the fortune cookie out of the bag. Looking at the mess it was for a few seconds he began to organize it. Checking the time after it was all organized neatly it had only been a minute, while waiting for her arrival he decided to turn on the TV to kill time. All the channel we’re pretty boring, they didn’t have cable at the base so they only had local channels. As he was switching through them the news channel caught his attention. A mall was attacked by some maniac and an army of robots. Those robots obviously belonged to SIN and that ‘maniac’ was their little intern. Which reminded him about Lucifer, he must be there as well. Maybe he should go check on his decision, if that intern was worthy enough for their precious time.
Atlas
Atlas

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:30 pm
It didn't take long for Alistair to recover from the attacks. He was a bit surprised by the braids that held him in place, but after a quick wave of the hand and a division, he was able to easily tear free from his imprisonment. Though, this would allow Derel to easily tear free as well, if given the chance. Instead, he sprinted at Derek and flipped over him, grabbing his arms as he flew overhead and slamming him into the ground while landing flawlessly on his feet. Quickly pivoting, he kicked Derek back into the air and struck the villain in the chest with a powerful palm strike, sending him crashing into the building he had just partially blown up. Darting in that direction, Alistair delivered a powerful kick to Derek's ribs, sending him a good distance. "You're trying to break me, so let me return the favor." Alistair growled as he stomped on Derek's arm, shattering the bone.
Errant Singularity
Errant Singularity

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:52 pm
Annoyed by the hairs once more, Derek went to use a blast to free himself, though his opponent did the work for him thankfully. Noticing his kinetic absorption drop once more, he couldn't help but laugh through the grimace as he felt Alistair make his move. "You're pretty good, for a dog..." Gritting his teeth and holding back a shout, adrenaline kicked into overdrive and overid Alistairs power as his bones cracked and broke in places. "I was just trying, now I will!" Knocking off his balance with a blast at the point of impact of the stomp, back at full power, he knocked Alistair into the air. Grabbing his leg as he flew up, he released a continuous wave of energy, thirty percent of his maximum over three seconds, into his body, before slamming the man into the ground. Feeling his leg shatter from the exerted force, Derek felt he was almost done.

"You're no hero... Just a thug, out for glory. A real hero, will fight against injustice, in all it's forms." Standing up, clutching his arm and wincing, vision going nearly black, he finished. "Even those injustices, that the masses don't understand they're oppressed by." Falling to one knee for a moment, his energy stores terribly low, he used his still shocked opposing arm to launch himself into the air, streaking like a bullet, before aiming himself in the opposing direction of Avalon, shooting through the air like a rocket.

Sailing over the countryside, he lost control of his flight patch for a moment, landing into the side of a water tower. Falling through, he bounced off the concrete below before sliding on the gravel beside. He couldn't tell if today was a victory or not, he had achieved the set goal by S.I.N., and even brought harm and tied with a famous worker for the government, but it still felt hollow. It had been years since he'd been hurt more than just a bruise or burn, and he couldn't tell how it felt. His power was simply absorbing anything from it that would usually hurt, he knew there were healers out there somewhere. It was just a matter of finding someone to fix his arm. Then, he'd be back to work, elsewhere, likely targeting Europe. He'd do no more business with S.I.N., they'd served their purpose. He'd have to find some other organization in Europe to trick.

Haven woken up on Yvettes shoulder, content to be carried for now, Varen was confused as he observed the happenings outside the nearby window. First he had spotted Magnus, Nagare, and Clare fighting Derek, then a few seconds later Rel and Oran came flying through, followed by a man walking up just thirty seconds later... Less than twenty seconds after that, Derek went flying away from the fight... He wasn't sure what they did, but it apparently worked.
Iskios
Iskios
Admin
Admin

Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:32 pm
Atlas wrote:It didn't take long for Alistair to recover from the attacks. He was a bit surprised by the braids that held him in place, but after a quick wave of the hand and a division, he was able to easily tear free from his imprisonment. Though, this would allow Derel to easily tear free as well, if given the chance. Instead, he sprinted at Derek and flipped over him, grabbing his arms as he flew overhead and slamming him into the ground while landing flawlessly on his feet. Quickly pivoting, he kicked Derek back into the air and struck the villain in the chest with a powerful palm strike, sending him crashing into the building he had just partially blown up. Darting in that direction, Alistair delivered a powerful kick to Derek's ribs, sending him a good distance. "You're trying to break me, so let me return the favor." Alistair growled as he stomped on Derek's arm, shattering the bone.

Errant Singularity wrote:Annoyed by the hairs once more, Derek went to use a blast to free himself, though his opponent did the work for him thankfully. Noticing his kinetic absorption drop once more, he couldn't help but laugh through the grimace as he felt Alistair make his move. "You're pretty good, for a dog..." Gritting his teeth and holding back a shout, adrenaline kicked into overdrive and overid Alistairs power as his bones cracked and broke in places. "I was just trying, now I will!" Knocking off his balance with a blast at the point of impact of the stomp, back at full power, he knocked Alistair into the air. Grabbing his leg as he flew up, he released a continuous wave of energy, thirty percent of his maximum over three seconds, into his body, before slamming the man into the ground. Feeling his leg shatter from the exerted force, Derek felt he was almost done.

"You're no hero... Just a thug, out for glory. A real hero, will fight against injustice, in all it's forms." Standing up, clutching his arm and wincing, vision going nearly black, he finished. "Even those injustices, that the masses don't understand they're oppressed by." Falling to one knee for a moment, his energy stores terribly low, he used his still shocked opposing arm to launch himself into the air, streaking like a bullet, before aiming himself in the opposing direction of Avalon, shooting through the air like a rocket.

Sailing over the countryside, he lost control of his flight patch for a moment, landing into the side of a water tower. Falling through, he bounced off the concrete below before sliding on the gravel beside. He couldn't tell if today was a victory or not, he had achieved the set goal by S.I.N., and even brought harm and tied with a famous worker for the government, but it still felt hollow. It had been years since he'd been hurt more than just a bruise or burn, and he couldn't tell how it felt. His power was simply absorbing anything from it that would usually hurt, he knew there were healers out there somewhere. It was just a matter of finding someone to fix his arm. Then, he'd be back to work, elsewhere, likely targeting Europe. He'd do no more business with S.I.N., they'd served their purpose. He'd have to find some other organization in Europe to trick.

Haven woken up on Yvettes shoulder, content to be carried for now, Varen was confused as he observed the happenings outside the nearby window. First he had spotted Magnus, Nagare, and Clare fighting Derek, then a few seconds later Rel and Oran came flying through, followed by a man walking up just thirty seconds later... Less than twenty seconds after that, Derek went flying away from the fight... He wasn't sure what they did, but it apparently worked.

Magnus could only watch from the ground as Alistair and Derek went at it. He had indeed heard about the number 2 ranked hero and his rather unique abilities and he felt like they were in good hands. Magnus could feel each time Alistair used his power division on everyone because the amount of electricity humming about inside him dropped by half each time. He could tell that the villain had no chance of winning by the time the power division stacked twice, and although it may have seemed close, it was obvious to Magnus because Alistair really only used generic martial art tenets rather than specific techniques from a school of fighting. He had heard that the number 2 hero only used those on enemies he could be troubled by. After tue second time using his power division the fight indeed ended quickly. Magnus was relieved but still unsatisfied for some reason.

After Derek blasted himself away like Team Rocket, Magnus slowly got up. The burst of pain he'd received when his pain sensors had come back online had subsided. A couple ribs were cracked but he wasn't as injured this time relative to his previous fight against Derek and Doom and then Zion before them. But he had also done more in the forest fight. This time Magnus could only manage to erase a small portion of the enemy's memory which ended up being irrelevant anyway. Last time he had shocked Derek enough so the man lost control but he was in a forest and he couldn't afford to try the same thing in a populated city. His other option didn't end up being fast enough either, at it wasn't ready yet. He just really needed to improve his ability and senses in a fight, he needed experience and new tools. To that end he approached the ranked second pro hero, Alistair with a request. He bowed respectfully to the hero, "Sir, Alistair, I'd like to learn from you. I believe that I could have done more today, that I'm not experienced enough yet and that I'm not improving quickly enough. I have two requests that I hope you'll consider. I have the ability to copy and retain memories from anyone I touch. I understand that the nature of your martial arts power is that you hold the knowledge of every martial arts in existence. My first request is for you to share that knowledge with me using my ability. My second request is for you to take me on and teach me how to better protect people through a hero's internship." Magnus continued bowing, sweating accumulating on his forehead as he waited for the hero's response.

Last edited by Iskios on Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Errant Singularity
Errant Singularity

Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:51 pm
"Oh eh, math dude!" A woman called from down the road, running down to the hole Alistair was still in. "Heard ya came by from one of the cops, who were you fighting anyway? Me and Full Rider cleared out most of the robots, police are mopping up the last." Renae looked around spotting the students assembled. "These like your sidekicks or someth-You little!" She stammered under her breath, storming over to Clare and slamming a palm down on the top of her head. "Dad said you were good, why did you get lazy and make math dude over there do all the work?" Turning around, she crossed her arms and looked down at Alistair. "Your leg looks kinda messed, need a hand?" Some of the obsidian flowing behind on the ground formed into an upper body, floating to Alistair and offering him a trio of hands. Grunting at Magnus as he made his request, she called over to Clare "This is hero biz kid. Hey sis, take your boyfriends and get out."

Clare just grit her teeth yet remained silent, not willing to acknowledge her older sisters presence. She felt ashamed that a hero had to end the dealings, though she was glad the fight didn't end as destructively as it could have. The end of her left thumb was burning like fire, as it's sphere had been shattered by Derek. It'd only take an hour or two to reform, but until then it would definitely hurt. Looking over at he sister, she stormed off back to the mall to check for survivors, her red tuft of hair floating up and waving around like fire for a moment before settling back down.
Derekjay2000
Derekjay2000

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:28 am
Errant Singularity wrote:Annoyed by the hairs once more, Derek went to use a blast to free himself, though his opponent did the work for him thankfully. Noticing his kinetic absorption drop once more, he couldn't help but laugh through the grimace as he felt Alistair make his move. "You're pretty good, for a dog..." Gritting his teeth and holding back a shout, adrenaline kicked into overdrive and overid Alistairs power as his bones cracked and broke in places. "I was just trying, now I will!" Knocking off his balance with a blast at the point of impact of the stomp, back at full power, he knocked Alistair into the air. Grabbing his leg as he flew up, he released a continuous wave of energy, thirty percent of his maximum over three seconds, into his body, before slamming the man into the ground. Feeling his leg shatter from the exerted force, Derek felt he was almost done.

"Well, well...I didn't expect Alistair to show up" a voice spoke up, trekking through the gravel that surrounded the water tower, "He did quite a number on our little agent, didn't he..." Luifer approached the man. Looking down at him through his mask, Lucifer studied his current state "You know Epicentral...It really is a shame, isn't it?" He made a mock sigh shaking his head, "Me and you have similar viewpoints, it's why I contacted you for S.I.N. in the first place. I hade expectations for you and everything" he casted his gaze down on him again.

"...That is a mistake S.I.N.s Nevermore shouldn't have made..."

"Now, where exactly were you going to go exactly?" He questioned "After all, lest my memory was going bad...failure was not an option for this mission. And running with your tail tucked between your legs counts as a failure" He approached the man, sparks of red flickering about around him "And, I don't know of any organizations who would enjoy an insubordinate, self-righteous, fool like you..." The ground caving in as it was deconstructed around them, before blue sparks circled around Derek, solid, chain-like, stones wrapping around him, "Oh? Were you not aware? I was watching the whole time. How you ignored a direct order, how you tried to negotiate with the enemy, mocked us, and more?" Lucifer held up his arm, flexing the muscles in his hands as he watched him "You even managed to annoy our beloved Larkspur, the girl you were falling all over, she was another head of S.I.N., and went and tried getting all handsy on her...you think we'd let you go? Faliures need to be corrected after all..." A flash of violent orange sparks tore around Lucifer as he drove his hand into Derek, Lucifer overrode his own powers limitor, in a flash: skin, bone, and organs were consumed, the sparks tearing apart Derek's upper body before splattering across the ground and water tower.

Pulling back his hand, Lucifer grimaced at the blood, looking down as his hand began to break out in a rash, his skin stun from the Override. "What a pain..." He groaned, a helicopter slowly approaching, "The difference between us...is that I understand I'm the bad guy in these situations, I hope you burn in Hell like I will" Lucifer noted solemnly, looking down at the blood on his hands.
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:12 am
At precisely 6pm, Nimue silently entered the mess hall of their underground base. Perhaps she was too often a creature of habit, however she liked the slight stability it added to her life. One of the first her father had provided her, after a place to live that was. While she still had very mixed feelings when it came to her family’s overall circumstances, it didn’t show whenever she came for dinner. Or any other time for that matter.
Since spending time in the physical world she’d been told she had what was referred to as a permanent ‘poker face’. Something seemingly useless, outside of when it came to gambling. Something she turned out to be extremely good at.
The young woman drew in a deep breath before settling down at the table, noting momentarily the bag in front of her. So he’d boughten her favorite food again. The thought was surprising, as she’d never actually told him the things she liked. He must’ve figured it out overtime.
It wouldn’t have been too hard though.
If Nimue didn’t like something, she’d stand up and leave after taking a bite.
She didn’t waste time complaining, or forcing herself to continue eating. It was easier just to find food on her own.
Chinese was her absolute favorite though, and she showed it by always going for seconds.
The company of her beloved meal was of little comfort to her that night however. Not with everything on her mind. Though she rarely said two words at dinner, tonight would be an exception. She was thoroughly annoyed, and confused. Asking for answers was her only option.
Carefully putting together her plate of food from the well organized set up before her, Nimue took a bite of the sweet and sour chicken from her plate before slowly carrying her gaze to meet her fathers. After taking a moment to enjoy the delicious authentic food, she attempted to have it soothe her anger. Though truthfully in that moment Elizabeth was mentally pleading to fight him. Completely breaking down after the unexpected events of that day.
Something Nimue was never very fond of.
“...Why didn’t you tell me he was alive?” She whispered under her breath after sometime, her gaze cold and calculating. “Oran. You knew didn’t you? Why wasn’t I informed.” Demanding a bit more urgently as she dropped her fork, Nimue held his gaze with the slightest hint of anguish lacing her gaze.
Naro
Naro

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:08 pm
While his daughter arrived Cross was playing solitaire with some cards laying around the room. After finishing the game he proceeded to build a castle out for the cards, his precision, and patience allowed him to do it fairly easy. Once the girl arrived he glanced every now and then to make sure she was content with the food he brought her. She was super picky with what she ate, he had to travel all the way to China to get that plate. Once Nimue broke the silence between the two all the cards fell “Who’s alive?” He asked right before she’d asked him another question “Oran... so that’s his name. I only knew of his existence, and whereabouts. I didn’t think you’ll be interested in something like that, you have a little brother. Congratulations. By the way... is this Elizabeth talking or Nimue?” Cross restarted his castle once again after turning off the tv.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum