Team Kios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knight Academy

+13
ConradCorax
Shadow Uchiha
Derekjay2000
Errant Singularity
Atlas
Naro
Avariel Flos
Jove
Skittles
Sammich
Voca
Riseha
Iskios
17 posters
Go down
Naro
Naro

Knight Academy  - Page 21 Empty Re: Knight Academy

Fri May 25, 2018 9:03 pm
Oran laid against the wall of the dormitory watching his friends joke around, he couldn’t help but to smile. This year had a lot of interesting people, the previous years weren’t as weird and loud as this year.

He checked his phone one more time to see the time. If the others didn’t arrive within a few minutes they would
Just go and regroup at the mall. Surprisingly serenity also showed up, he wasn’t expecting her to join them. He did notice that she was dragging three duffel bags Oran raised an eyebrow and stepped in front of her “Serenity... uh why are carrying those bags? We’re just going to the mall...” he reache dot and picked them up with ease. One of them was heavier than the others... he knew that she had firearms because of the forest. He quickly dropped the two other bags and opened the one with the weapons “Serenity you don’t need any of this” he pulled out a bunch of the weapons and snapped them in half “we don’t need you shooting at people. Behave yourself like a regular person” after getting rid of the weapons she had in the duffle bag Oran noticed the young blind girl in their class “Over here!” He waved and healed out so she can follow the sound of his voice.
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Fri May 25, 2018 9:12 pm
Hearing that he liked her name actually took her back a bit, her amusement of his personality swiftly shifting to bewilderment. It was odd, the way he treated her. As if she were anyone else, completely different from what she'd grown accustomed to over the last few months living in this society. She wondered how long it'd last. A few more spoonfuls of Jello, and he'd probably be on his way. If not, she'd excuse herself and take leave.
Briefly glancing up at him as she tapped her gelatin with her spoon, Nimue wore something of a mischievous smirk before slowly shaking her head. Interesting indeed. "Modesty isn't something I expected from you." She commented with a little more humor to her tone, before nonchalantly taking another bite of her dessert. "Though you are correct. Technically, you never gave it." At that point, her stale gaze was all but challenging him to figure out the mystery before him. Though after a few moments later her line of site dipped back down to her treat. She took a few moments to finish her bowl, while waiting to see what he would say next.
The mall was lively that day, chalked full with students in and out of various uniforms along with more causal clothing. Keeping track of dates and time had always been disorienting to her, especially when traveling between the realms, so Nimue could only assume it was a weekend. Despite not having any form of formal education, she was familiar with what it entailed. However attending such a program would be pointless for someone with her life experience and knowledge. So she didn't understand life as a student per say. Seeing so many of them at once was almost jarring. This was definitely the largest group of humans she'd ever wandered into, and attempted to blend in with. So fare she wasn't doing all that great of a job, which left her with mental enlightenment to stick to the shadows from that point on. Her original methods of scout were far more effective. In the future she'd have to learn how to carefully handle her curiosity of this new physical world.
Iskios
Iskios
Admin
Admin
https://teamkios.rpg-board.net

Fri May 25, 2018 10:06 pm
DannyGirl~ wrote:Hearing that he liked her name actually took her back a bit, her amusement of his personality swiftly shifting to bewilderment. It was odd, the way he treated her. As if she were anyone else, completely different from what she'd grown accustomed to over the last few months living in this society. She wondered how long it'd last. A few more spoonfuls of Jello, and he'd probably be on his way. If not, she'd excuse herself and take leave.
Briefly glancing up at him as she tapped her gelatin with her spoon, Nimue wore something of a mischievous smirk before slowly shaking her head. Interesting indeed. "Modesty isn't something I expected from you." She commented with a little more humor to her tone, before nonchalantly taking another bite of her dessert. "Though you are correct. Technically, you never gave it." At that point, her stale gaze was all but challenging him to figure out the mystery before him. Though after a few moments later her line of site dipped back down to her treat. She took a few moments to finish her bowl, while waiting to see what he would say next.
The mall was lively that day, chalked full with students in and out of various uniforms along with more causal clothing. Keeping track of dates and time had always been disorienting to her, especially when traveling between the realms, so Nimue could only assume it was a weekend. Despite not having any form of formal education, she was familiar with what it entailed. However attending such a program would be pointless for someone with her life experience and knowledge. So she didn't understand life as a student per say. Seeing so many of them at once was almost jarring. This was definitely the largest group of humans she'd ever wandered into, and attempted to blend in with. So fare she wasn't doing all that great of a job, which left her with mental enlightenment to stick to the shadows from that point on. Her original methods of scout were far more effective. In the future she'd have to learn how to carefully handle her curiosity of this new physical world.

Magnus had been waiting for her answer to his question about his name when a smirk showed up on her face and she said something else he didn't expect. He took a few moments to respond, thinking about she said in the meantime, 'Modest? What was I being modest about? The more I talk to this girl the more confusing this conversation becomes. I'm almost sure that there's something she knows that I don't. Perhaps Clare's instinct wasn't all that off... but then again it doesn't feel like she's acting hostile at all to me. I can't help but find this conversation more interesting than it had any right to be.' Magnus took a breath and exhaled before leaning against the wall beside him, like she was doing. He wanted to see where this chat would take him. "Technically, I never gave my name," Magnus said looking down, echoing Nimue's words slowly as if to try to find a hidden meaning in them. Then he saw the look that she was giving him, one that he recognized well even through her dampened demeanor, she was challenging him. He put a hand on his chin and chose his next words deliberately. "With the information presented to me, I'm going to have to assume the reason you know my name is related to your power. If it isn't, then I'm out of luck here," Magnus said, ending his last sentence with a laugh. He decided that a slightly more roundabout strategy would be better suited here. He continued a few moments later, "You've piqued my curiosity, so I'm going to ask you a couple of questions. How's the culture over here in the states compared to where you're from? From what I can tell so far, it must be quite different. Oh, and what else do you know about me?" Magnus had a reason to ask these seemingly unrelated questions together, but he was only unsure how much she'd bite.
Errant Singularity
Errant Singularity

Fri May 25, 2018 10:27 pm
Placing a firm hand on Oran's shoulder, Varen spoke up to him, just loud enough that only he could hear him. "Oran, remember when her guns were taken during the forest? Your old man gave them back, they're her equipment. Never seen you snapping Zion's blade or my brass knuckles, or breaking my legs that I can hurt people with. Hell, she gets sent out on more missions than me or anyone else I know of in this class, cause she's effective." Looking over to Serenity, he spoke up for her "Don't worry, I know a guy who can restore them with his power in one of the other classes. He owes me a favour anyway." Quieting down again, he continued "Don't want this to be some fight, but leave her alone. Just cause you're Adams grand kid doesn't make you some authority figure here. Hell, check the other bags, I can assure you she brought half a kitchen with her to make dinner for everyone." Walking away and resuming his post on the tree, he called out "Alright, how many more people we waiting for? I know Mimi wouldn't miss out, anyone know if people aren't coming?"
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Fri May 25, 2018 11:04 pm
Watching as the boy followed her example and positioned his back to rest against the wall, Nimue carefully studied his expression. He was confused, and hesitant, at first, however in the end the slightest trace to curiosity surfaced. That's when she knew she had to wrap up their fateful conversation, as she didn't want him to truly piece things together anymore than she'd wanted his friend to. She was more interested to see if he was capable of doing so on his own. He was interesting to say the least, however he wouldn't be nearly as pleasant once he solved her mystery. His first guess was rather direct, so Nimue opted for silence. Simply wearing a soft trace of a smile as she observed his hand cupping his chin in thought, the young woman eventually sighed. There was no point in giving such valuable information out in a public setting. Her power was amongst the most important parts of her identity to protect. She wouldn't risk the knowledge of its security.
After a few long moments of silence, Nimue thought to excuse herself when suddenly he tried again. This time asking two questions she personally didn't mind answering. As they wouldn't link her back to anything of outstanding importance, and were more open ended than his first inquiry. "...My culture is proud, strong, and self reliant. Your culture is far more trusting, despite that we are far more honest. We live by our word, and are far more just and fair than your culture. There is no segregation, or shaming of any kind because we have a... Broader understanding. In your language you could say... We are a more spiritual people." Crossing her arms under her chest once more as she gazed deeply into his eyes, she thought very carefully before attempting to answer his second question. This is where wording would play a key role in end their conversation.
“I know you are a proud and powerful spirit as well, however those are the only similarities I would give you to my culture. I also know that despite your efforts to help me, you singled me out for the same reasons as your companion from earlier. You seem kind and genuine, though deep down we both know you aren’t so different from the rest of them.” Finally pushing herself up from the wall, Nimue slowly strolled towards Magnus before leaning up to whisper into his ear. “I’ll offer you some free advice for the future, leave me be. For as strong as you are, I am stronger.” Pulling away as she briskly moved to exit the food court, the ominous young women nodded in parting before disappearing into the crowd.
‘We’ll meet again.’ Her voice seemed to echo inside his mind, as she faded from view.
Iskios
Iskios
Admin
Admin

Sat May 26, 2018 12:44 am
DannyGirl~ wrote:Watching as the boy followed her example and positioned his back to rest against the wall, Nimue carefully studied his expression. He was confused, and hesitant, at first, however in the end the slightest trace to curiosity surfaced. That's when she knew she had to wrap up their fateful conversation, as she didn't want him to truly piece things together anymore than she'd wanted his friend to. She was more interested to see if he was capable of doing so on his own. He was interesting to say the least, however he wouldn't be nearly as pleasant once he solved her mystery. His first guess was rather direct, so Nimue opted for silence. Simply wearing a soft trace of a smile as she observed his hand cupping his chin in thought, the young woman eventually sighed. There was no point in giving such valuable information out in a public setting. Her power was amongst the most important parts of her identity to protect. She wouldn't risk the knowledge of its security.
After a few long moments of silence, Nimue thought to excuse herself when suddenly he tried again. This time asking two questions she personally didn't mind answering. As they wouldn't link her back to anything of outstanding importance, and were more open ended than his first inquiry. "...My culture is proud, strong, and self reliant. Your culture is far more trusting, despite that we are far more honest. We live by our word, and are far more just and fair than your culture. There is no segregation, or shaming of any kind because we have a... Broader understanding. In your language you could say... We are a more spiritual people." Crossing her arms under her chest once more as she gazed deeply into his eyes, she thought very carefully before attempting to answer his second question. This is where wording would play a key role in end their conversation.
“I know you are a proud and powerful spirit as well, however those are the only similarities I would give you to my culture. I also know that despite your efforts to help me, you singled me out for the same reasons as your companion from earlier. You seem kind and genuine, though deep down we both know you aren’t so different from the rest of them.” Finally pushing herself up from the wall, Nimue slowly strolled towards Magnus before leaning up to whisper into his ear. “I’ll offer you some free advice for the future, leave me be. For as strong as you are, I am stronger.” Pulling away as she briskly moved to exit the food court, the ominous young women nodded in parting before disappearing into the crowd.
‘We’ll meet again.’ Her voice seemed to echo inside his mind, as she faded from view.

Listening to her account of what her culture was like, he couldn't help but feel like a modern culture like that couldn't exist. "So it's a less individualistic culture? What's the driving force behind your society?" He wondered how a civilization so uniform like that could progress, it seemed like a recipe for stagnation to him. He pushed those thoughts away as she continued talking. 'A spirit, eh?' He chuckled loudly at her answer to his second question, "That's fair enough, but... I've never considered myself genuine." His smile tapered off as she walked up to him and whispered into his ear before she strode off into the crowd. Her parting words seemed less than friendly, almost sounding like a warning to him. Certainly odd coming from a stranger, especially one that seemed to know him better than she should have. A strange feeling washed over him, one that he didn't recognize. Which was rather odd considering he never forgot anything, meaning he'd never felt like this before. Unfortunately it wasn't all that pleasant of a sensation.

Shaking his head at the sound of her voice in his head he started heading back towards the table Nagare was sitting at. "We'll meet again, huh... I'm not sure how I feel about that," he muttered to himself. Reaching the table he sat down across from his friend, and previous partner in the forest activity. "So, what'dya want buy first Nagare?" He asked him loudly.
Naro
Naro

Sat May 26, 2018 10:35 am
Oran places down the broken pieces inside the duffel bag then dropped it on the ground. He glanced back when he felt a someone grab his shoulder, to his surprise it was Varen. He was quick to jump into action, he raised an eyebrow as he looked him in the eyes “if i remember correctly the old mans was immobilized by doom. When i got there she took them back herself.” He moved away from varen and walked back to Divinity and the rest. Stopping when he kept trying to justify why she carried those illegal weapons, he turned around crossed his arms “We are going to the mall, there’s no need to be carriying weapons. It will just freak out the civilians. Plus she isn’t old enough to have those weapons. Half of those aren’t even for people to buy. It was either getting rid of her guns now or getting arrest at the mall” Oran really didn’t want to deal with this right now, right before they went to the mall and hang out too “then you clearly don’t know anyone.” He began walking away till Varen mention Adam, so he was pulling that card huh. Oran let out a chuckle and kept walking “I don’t feel like i have authority here, Im just one of the few in our class with common sense.” Finally standing next to Divinity he squatted down to meet the blind girl in their class “You’re Rel right? I heard you were able to defeat one of those celestial spirits and got the medal.” Oran checked his phone once again and decided that it was time to leave “They can meet us at the mall, let’s go.”

“Did i hear... mall? How come i wasn’t invited? You must hate me now” he voiced called out from far across the courtyard. Justin approached the group walking directly to Oran and Divinity. This time he had more time to introduce himself to the others. Last time he only had little time to do so. First he went over to Rel “Hello little one, my name is Justin” then he went to Yvette. He reached for her hand and bowed a bit “My name is Justin, pleasure to meet you mademoiselle.” Then he gave her hand a small kiss. He pulled away and walked over to Silver “My name is Justin” and went for a hand handshake. After than he went for Varen and Serenity “My name is Justin” and did the same with Serenity as he did to Yvette, then went to give Varen a handshake “good we’re all best friends now”
Shadow Uchiha
Shadow Uchiha

Sat May 26, 2018 11:08 am
Silver looks surprised by Justin's appearance as he never really knew him so he didn't have hatred but only cautious due to the villain attack and felt he might've be a spy but still trusts Oran's friendship with this Justin person. Silver's eye twitched when he kissed Yvette's hand and mutters "What's up with that greeting....?" Since he was so used to the Japanese greeting but was shocked with Justin's greeting...or it might be a slight annoyance when that happened. He saw Justin walk towards him and try to shake his hand but Silver just gave a slight nod "Kon'nichiwa (Hello) Jasutin..." he spoke in Japanese since he never gave much handshakes before.
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Sat May 26, 2018 3:55 pm
"Yvette!" Beaming as her friend called out while giving her a hug, Divinity released her hold around Oran to wrap her arms around the girl as well. "I'm so glad you came!" Finally releasing her as the girl began to dig through her pocket, the blonde raised an eyebrow as she carefully pulled out a beautiful pendant. She reached out and gently ran her fingers along the cool woven metal, before meeting her friend's gaze as she explained the necklace's purpose. Honestly she was touched. When she'd asked for an old belonging, Divinity hadn't expected her to entrust her with something so personal. "...This will work perfectly, I promise to take very good care of it until I know enough Russian to return it to you." Now learning how to explain things to her in a way she could personally understand would be simple. Gently tucking the medallion into her purse, she then offered Yvette one last gentle smile. "In the meantime, let's get friendship necklaces at the mall! I know it won't be the same, but I want you to have some sort of temporary replacement."
Right around then Serenity showed up with three massive bags, and Divinity immediately knew some sort of drama was going to break out. There was no mystery about at least some of the bags carrying her illegal weaponry. How did she get them back? She was about to address the issue herself when Oran jumped in, and took care of everything. Honestly she acknowledged Varen's point in that he didn't have to break them, however even if he hadn't they would've been turned in and destroyed. Those were weapons unbefitting of a hero. You couldn't simply buy them at the store, you had to get them on the black market. Still she was going to remain uninvolved, until Varen crossed the line for her.
She hated that figured of speech. 'I don't want to start a fight-', and 'I don't mean to offend-', or anything like unto them, were all fantastic ways to clue in everyone around you that whatever you were going to say next would do just that. And this currently wasn't any acceptation to that rule.
Though he was obviously trying to quiet down, he wasn't as careful as his first time whispering and Divinity was standing close enough to Oran to lay back against him if she felt like it. Meaning she could hear every word.
"Apologize, now." She ordered, a glare lacing her gaze that rarely ever surfaced on a girl like Divinity. However when it did, you knew she wasn't joking in the slightest. "Oran doesn't use his grandfather's name as a way to push himself above anyone else, and I won't let you treat him as if he does. He works **** hard to get stronger, and prove himself as not only a hero but a leader as well. He's overcome more obstacles in his life than you will ever know, and would never be able to tell by looking at him. That weaponry is illegal, and I won't pretend to be ignorant on how she must've gotten it back or even purchased it to begin with. Serenity can be very sweet, like packing all of that food for everyone, but at the end of the day carrying any of those bags into public mall will get us pulled into security. And having even ONE illegal weapon on her, let alone an arsenal of them will get her thrown in prison. No judge is going to be understanding of having those kinds of weapons in your possession." Taking in a deep breath as she glanced over to Serenity, Divinity offered her an apologetic smile. "I know you're one to do things your own way, the the police force is already on tense terms with superheroes as a whole. If you'd like I'll take you out shopping to hunt down some new weapons, legal ones. As for the food, let's all eat together in the food court or in the dorms when we get back. Chances are security would confiscate everything in your bags anyway. It's better to leave them here and stick with a purse or a smaller bag."
Turning her head as Oran began talking to a new comer, Divinity literally began to gush. "Oh my goodness you are so cute!" Her tension faded away as she approached the tiny freshman before gently patting her head. "I don't think we've met officially, I'm Divinity! Your Magnus' friend right? I saw you talking with him this morning."
Though she was still upset with Varen, she also didn't want that to get into the way of having fun with her friends. "Hey Or, why don't you give Rel a piggyback ride so she won't get lost on her way to the mall? If she alright with that of course." She suggested with a soft smile, before glancing over to Yvette. "And you can give my one! I still want a roller coaster ride, I can't believe Oran got one before me." Divinity jested with a bright laugh.
Errant Singularity
Errant Singularity

Sat May 26, 2018 4:42 pm
Leaning a little back from Justin, Serenity still wasn't comfortable with how up front he was with his greetings. Still trying to hold back her anger at Oran, she couldn't help her hair turning black, giving away the emotion. Glad someone was sticking up for her for once, she let Varen talk for her, using a lot more words than she would have anyway. She'd always noticed the people with upfront powers acted like they were in authority somehow, leaving people like her defenseless due to having weak powers. How would they feel if they had to walk around in public in cuffs? But that was better left alone for now, she'd get him back for this soon enough. As she gathered back up her things, she couldn't help but roll her eyes as Divinity tried to make a scene for everyone, it wasn't like her at all. Noticing a bird on top of Rel's head, she poked it in the tail, jokingly calling out "Too thin to be fried... More likely to make a nice lil roast... Only need one crouton to stuff this thing."

"Hey Justin! Didn't know you were back in school already, thought you were out for at least another month. How'd the mission go, or is it all classified like half of the others?" He happily shook Justin's hand, glad to see someone back from work. "You work a ton man, aren't they gonna give you a break for training? Oh, and did nobody invite you to the party? Swore you'd be first in." As he leaned back again, he listened to Divinity's speech to him, before shrugging and replying "I've got nothing to apologize for. He overstepped his bounds there, simple as that. Not questioning if he'll be a good leader, in a few years."
Naro
Naro

Sat May 26, 2018 10:25 pm
“Divinity calm down, everything is fine” Oran has never seen her get all heat up like this before. She was usually calm and sweet, guess everyone has limits too. He didn’t like seeing her worked up like that but he knew she had his back, which put a smile on his face “Let’s get going to the Mall.”

“Varen right? Yeah i just got back yesterday, it was an easy scouting job. Just need some pictures and pull out immediately” He leaned against the tree near by and checked on his phone “I heard about the party, Oran told me through text” he waved his phone but accidentally dropped it. Once he picked it up the phone was perfectly fine, the screen wasn’t cracked and there wasn’t any scratches “that was a close one. Guess I’m a lucky guy” he said jokingly before letting out a small laugh “anyway, I’ll see you guys later.”

“See you later Justin. Alright, let’s go to the mall” he turned his attention back to Rel, and considered what Divinity said “I could put you on my shoulder!”
Errant Singularity
Errant Singularity

Sat May 26, 2018 11:10 pm
Walking along the different shops of the mall, Clare tried to find something Rel may enjoy as well as her. Their tastes differed wildly, honestly, she wasn't fully sure what her friend liked anyway... Gazing into a window, a little lava lamp caught her attention- It was molded in the shape of a geode, with obvious crystal deposits sticking out in every direction. It's liquid was even mostly accurate to lava, just like her fathers old c- Clare had to stop and hold her hands to her head, wincing but not out of pain. Remembering her father, his voice did not appear, but that of Magnus'. She'd honestly nearly forgotten how her long term memory had been effected, she rarely remembered farther back than a week.

Trying to ignore it, she focused on buying the lamp, which had an interesting texture to it. Even if she couldn't enjoy the sight of it, it'd be warm and interesting to hold, surely Rel would like that. Deciding to buy something for herself, Clare walked into a nearby jewelry store, Avalon having quite the selection of expensive and exquisite stores, even in somewhere as pedestrian as a mall. Kneeling down in front of a display case, she looked at multiple cabochons- an emerald, a pair of rubies, a few semi-precious stones as well, but most of those held no interest to her. A star sapphire, a deep royal blue, with perfectly defined six point star. Looking over at the price tag, she considered it a steal, even if it had a scratch on the back, the part nobody saw.

Looking through her wallet, she pulled out her bank card, attached to her fathers, who's ranking as a hero left him rather rich. Nine thousand was nothing to his bank account, thankfully. Looking through the other gems, she decided to buy something for the others as well. The humans here were at least bearable. As she checked out, the cashier looked incredulous that a girl wearing a simple t-shirt and sneakers could afford them, though he cracked a smile when she swiped the card through. "Have a nice day ma'am! Enjoy your purchase."

"Yeah." was her only reply, as she was given three little boxes to put the precious stones into, with little pressure locks on each. Slumping against a wall, she stared at her new sapphire, actually seeing the reason the price dropped from the imperfection- at certain angles a stray beam of light would pierce through due to it. It didn't matter too much, though. It'd be lined up on her desk, along with dozens of others of its' kind. She remembered the collection her father used to make, using lava from his cape, creating gemstones out of the cooling ro-Magnus' voice again, piercing into her head. Shaking it, she decided she'd see if he had an answer for this. Or better yet, some form of fix.

Marching slowly to the food court, she passed by a rather tall man, who was bruised up on side on his arm, holding an oddly feminine phone triumphantly. He bumped into her, rather rudely, before muttering a tiny "Sorry" and moving to the other side of the food court, well away from her.

"Good riddance..." She thought out loud, before sitting down at the table Magnus and Nagare were still at. "You. You have to answer for something. Come over here, and I'll explain." She tried to use as little words as possible to speed up the process, pointing towards an unoccupied corner of the area. Not waiting for an answer, she placed down her purchases, before using her orbs to float away to the designated area.
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Sat May 26, 2018 11:33 pm
Turning away from Yvette as Oran approached her to calm her down, Divinity drew in a deep breath. "...I'm sorry." She whispered softly as she took both his hands into hers and pressed her forehead against his. "I just hate when people talk about you like that... They're wrong. You don't use your last name to push yourself over anyone else." Allowing the moment to linger for a for more moments, the young woman closed her eyes tightly before slowly pulling away. Truthfully she wanted to sit down with Serenity and explain herself, though she wasn't going to attempt to do so with Varen. Though she'd spoken up once to defend her boyfriend, she wasn't going to continue to argue with him knowing that Oran wasn't offended in any way. While she was still upset that he hadn't apologized, being passive aggressive was far more comfortable to her than confrontation. So she'd go with that for now.
Smiling as Oran nodded at her suggestion and offered to set Rel on his shoulder, Divinity left the decision to her before turning back to Yvette. She felt much calmer now, though a great deal more urgent. Leaving before any other bickerments broke out would be their best shot at actually enjoying their trip as a group. "Come on Yvette, let's head out. I'm sure the others will meet us there."
Errant Singularity
Errant Singularity

Sun May 27, 2018 12:06 am
"Don't worry, I'll get there first!" Varen closed his eyes for a moment, bathing everyone in golden light before bolting off, faster than most people could see, racing down the streets as fast as he could. Dodging through and over cars as he went, he slid to a stop outside the mall, looking for a moment to get inside. Slowly walking through the crowd assembled outside, he was rather frustrated as he was wasting energy at the moment, before thinking to blink to turn off his aura. Showing up near electronics, he began to wander around, looking for somewhere with food. Even though he could technically survive on sunlight, doing so would be rather uncomfortable.
Iskios
Iskios
Admin
Admin

Sun May 27, 2018 12:55 am
Errant Singularity wrote:Walking along the different shops of the mall, Clare tried to find something Rel may enjoy as well as her. Their tastes differed wildly, honestly, she wasn't fully sure what her friend liked anyway... Gazing into a window, a little lava lamp caught her attention- It was molded in the shape of a geode, with obvious crystal deposits sticking out in every direction. It's liquid was even mostly accurate to lava, just like her fathers old c- Clare had to stop and hold her hands to her head, wincing but not out of pain. Remembering her father, his voice did not appear, but that of Magnus'. She'd honestly nearly forgotten how her long term memory had been effected, she rarely remembered farther back than a week.

Trying to ignore it, she focused on buying the lamp, which had an interesting texture to it. Even if she couldn't enjoy the sight of it, it'd be warm and interesting to hold, surely Rel would like that. Deciding to buy something for herself, Clare walked into a nearby jewelry store, Avalon having quite the selection of expensive and exquisite stores, even in somewhere as pedestrian as a mall. Kneeling down in front of a display case, she looked at multiple cabochons- an emerald, a pair of rubies, a few semi-precious stones as well, but most of those held no interest to her. A star sapphire, a deep royal blue, with perfectly defined six point star. Looking over at the price tag, she considered it a steal, even if it had a scratch on the back, the part nobody saw.

Looking through her wallet, she pulled out her bank card, attached to her fathers, who's ranking as a hero left him rather rich. Nine thousand was nothing to his bank account, thankfully. Looking through the other gems, she decided to buy something for the others as well. The humans here were at least bearable. As she checked out, the cashier looked incredulous that a girl wearing a simple t-shirt and sneakers could afford them, though he cracked a smile when she swiped the card through. "Have a nice day ma'am! Enjoy your purchase."

"Yeah." was her only  reply, as she was given three little boxes to put the precious stones into, with little pressure locks on each. Slumping against a wall, she stared at her new sapphire, actually seeing the reason the price dropped from the imperfection- at certain angles a stray beam of light would pierce through due to it. It didn't matter too much, though. It'd be lined up on her desk, along with dozens of others of its' kind. She remembered the collection her father used to make, using lava from his cape, creating gemstones out of the cooling ro-Magnus' voice again, piercing into her head. Shaking it, she decided she'd see if he had an answer for this. Or better yet, some form of fix.

Marching slowly to the food court, she passed by a rather tall man, who was bruised up on side on his arm, holding an oddly feminine phone triumphantly. He bumped into her, rather rudely, before muttering a tiny "Sorry" and moving to the other side of the food court, well away from her.

"Good riddance..." She thought out loud, before sitting down at the table Magnus and Nagare were still at. "You. You have to answer for something. Come over here, and I'll explain." She tried to use as little words as possible to speed up the process, pointing towards an unoccupied corner of the area. Not waiting for an answer, she placed down her purchases, before using her orbs to float away to the designated area.

Just as he had sat down with Nagare, Clare came back and sat down at the table, seemingly annoyed about something that had just happened. That was before she asked to pull him aside. "Wait what do you mean?" Magnus asked, attempting to get an immediate answer but she had already walked towards a more secluded area. Sighing he got up from his seat and told Nagare, "I'll be back soon."

As he walked towards the short, black haired with red highlights girl he recalled his first meeting with her. There wasn't much to recall honestly, it had been in the forest when he ran into Clare, Rel, and the celestial beast. She was almost as un-trusting then as she was now but he quickly found out that was her default mode. Clare was quick to anger and didn't seem well accustomed to normal social interaction. He wondered what in her past made her like this, sometimes it was family and sometimes it was even the person's power causing them to do everyday stuff differently than normal from an early age and thus alienated themselves. Regardless someone like this probably had been like this for a long time. He doubted she'd be willing to change after so long, but he felt that she was capable if someone could convince her. She at least had some thoughtfulness, considering she'd taken his advice to buy some merchandise that he assumed was for Rel. Maybe Rel could help Clare open up though they had an odd relationship to begin with. Finally reaching his destination he let those thoughts fade away so he could listen to what she had to say. "What's going on?" Magnus asked casually.
Errant Singularity
Errant Singularity

Sun May 27, 2018 1:10 am
Knowing he didn't understand the situation, and likely never even considered he could cause it, Clare turned back to Magnus. She honestly didn't know much about him, he was new to the school, but he seemed decent enough. He performed well and listened to her during the fight with Perseus, which was more than she could say about the rest of the class. She didn't feel like she could fully trust him, however. That had to be earned over the long term, perhaps a decade or so. Speaking up for him, she tried not to let the surrounding people hear. "You remember how you transferred your message, that memory, into my mind? During the fight with Doom."

She placed her hand against her forehead, sighing audibly as Doom laughed in the same way Magnus did. "I hear everything from my long term memory, as you. My fathers voice, peoples' laughs, even things from just over two weeks ago, I hear as your voice, since you implanted that memory. I think your power made it so that fake memory ingrained itself into mine. I need you to fix it." She turned away for a moment, trying to hide tiny grimace. "I don't usually ask for favours, this will likely be the last time. It's irritating. Nothing against you, but after two weeks of being in here, your voice is horrible."
Iskios
Iskios
Admin
Admin

Sun May 27, 2018 2:03 am
Errant Singularity wrote:Knowing he didn't understand the situation, and likely never even considered he could cause it, Clare turned back to Magnus. She honestly didn't know much about him, he was new to the school, but he seemed decent enough. He performed well and listened to her during the fight with Perseus, which was more than she could say about the rest of the class. She didn't feel like she could fully trust him, however. That had to be earned over the long term, perhaps a decade or so. Speaking up for him, she tried not to let the surrounding people hear. "You remember how you transferred your message, that memory, into my mind? During the fight with Doom."

She placed her hand against her forehead, sighing audibly as Doom laughed in the same way Magnus did. "I hear everything from my long term memory, as you. My fathers voice, peoples' laughs, even things from just over two weeks ago, I hear as your voice, since you implanted that memory. I think your power made it so that fake memory ingrained itself into mine. I need you to fix it." She turned away for a moment, trying to hide tiny grimace. "I don't usually ask for favours, this will likely be the last time. It's irritating. Nothing against you, but after two weeks of being in here, your voice is horrible."

"Yeah I remember planting the plan for the fight against Doom as a memory. What about it?" He waited for her to continue, unsure why she was bringing it up. Then she sighed and explained that his voice had replaced all others in her long term memories, which meant that he had messed up somehow. A rare occurrence indeed when it concerned his memory ability. He felt bad, especially when she seemed so distraught over it.

He put a hand on the back of his head ashamedly with a nervous laugher when she mentioned she hated his voice now. "Ahah, don't worry no offense taken. Still, is quite odd that the memory implantation process went so badly and that I didn't notice. I had a bad concussion at the time though so that probably had everything to do with it." He put his hand in his fist as if he were preparing to play rock-paper-scissors and replied, now with a smile, "Alright I'll help you out. And you don't have to consider this a favor since it was my fault this happened to begin with. Ok, so you have two options here. I can definitely fix your memories here. Additionally, and this is where your choice comes into play, I can make you forget what it felt like to have my voice stuck in your mind for so long. All that'd be left of this incident in your mind would be the knowledge that it happened."

While waiting for her response he did a little prep work. Within an instant he searched for the exact process in which the fake memory had erroneously ingrained itself into Clare's other memories. Satisfied that it would work he stared back at the girl.
Derekjay2000
Derekjay2000

Sun May 27, 2018 8:58 am
Naro wrote:Finally standing next to Divinity he squatted down to meet the blind girl in their class “You’re Rel right? I heard you were able to defeat one of those celestial spirits and got the medal.” Oran checked his phone once again and decided that it was time to leave “They can meet us at the mall, let’s go.”

“Did i hear... mall? How come i wasn’t invited? You must hate me now” he voiced called out from far across the courtyard. Justin approached the group walking directly to Oran and Divinity. This time he had more time to introduce himself to the others. Last time he only had little time to do so. First he went over to Rel “Hello little one, my name is Justin” then he went to Yvette. He reached for her hand and bowed a bit “My name is Justin, pleasure to meet you mademoiselle.” Then he gave her hand a small kiss. He pulled away and walked over to Silver “My name is Justin” and went for a hand handshake. After than he went for Varen and Serenity “My name is Justin” and did the same with Serenity as he did to Yvette, then went to give Varen a handshake “good we’re all best friends now”

Shadow Uchiha wrote:Silver looks surprised by Justin's appearance as he never really knew him so he didn't have hatred but only cautious due to the villain attack and felt he might've be a spy but still trusts Oran's friendship with this Justin person. Silver's eye twitched when he kissed Yvette's hand and mutters "What's up with that greeting....?" Since he was so used to the Japanese greeting but was shocked with Justin's greeting...or it might be a slight annoyance when that happened. He saw Justin walk towards him and try to shake his hand but Silver just gave a slight nod "Kon'nichiwa (Hello) Jasutin..." he spoke in Japanese since he never gave much handshakes before.

DannyGirl~ wrote:"Yvette!" Beaming as her friend called out while giving her a hug, Divinity released her hold around Oran to wrap her arms around the girl as well. "I'm so glad you came!" Finally releasing her as the girl began to dig through her pocket, the blonde raised an eyebrow as she carefully pulled out a beautiful pendant. She reached out and gently ran her fingers along the cool woven metal, before meeting her friend's gaze as she explained the necklace's purpose. Honestly she was touched. When she'd asked for an old belonging, Divinity hadn't expected her to entrust her with something so personal. "...This will work perfectly, I promise to take very good care of it until I know enough Russian to return it to you." Now learning how to explain things to her in a way she could personally understand would be simple. Gently tucking the medallion into her purse, she then offered Yvette one last gentle smile. "In the meantime, let's get friendship necklaces at the mall! I know it won't be the same, but I want you to have some sort of temporary replacement."

Turning her head as Oran began talking to a new comer, Divinity literally began to gush. "Oh my goodness you are so cute!" Her tension faded away as she approached the tiny freshman before gently patting her head. "I don't think we've met officially, I'm Divinity! Your Magnus' friend right? I saw you talking with him this morning."
Though she was still upset with Varen, she also didn't want that to get into the way of having fun with her friends. "Hey Or, why don't you give Rel a piggyback ride so she won't get lost on her way to the mall? If she alright with that of course." She suggested with a soft smile, before glancing over to Yvette. "And you can give my one! I still want a roller coaster ride, I can't believe Oran got one before me." Divinity jested with a bright laugh.

Errant Singularity wrote:Noticing a bird on top of Rel's head, she poked it in the tail, jokingly calling out "Too thin to be fried... More likely to make a nice lil roast... Only need one crouton to stuff this thing"

Naro wrote:“See you later Justin. Alright, let’s go to the mall” he turned his attention back to Rel, and considered what Divinity said “I could put you on my shoulder!”
[Yvette]
"Our mother and father made it" Yvette noted as Divinity took her pendent, "Ve family owns a much big company. Lots of metal working" Yvette smiled at the memory, she loved them dearly. As overbearing as they could be, "Which reminds us, ve vill have big discounts on our companies products!" She held up a silver card proudly.

When Rel and Justin arrived she greeted them both happily, "Hello, friend of friend-Justin! New Friend-Rel!" When Justin took her hand, she fidgeted uncomfortably as she sheepishly pulled her hand back "Uh, ve vould ask to r-refrain from the kissing" she rubbed the spot on her hand as sge tried to laugh the embarrassing act off. "Come now, Friend-Silver. Ve do not want to be rude" she noted as he seemed upset by the a handshake, "shaking of hands is much better than the kissing!"

Turning to Divinity, she raised her brow at her joke. Yvette thought for a moment, "hmm...yes, ve could give you nice ride" she declared. Clearly someone had to work on her comprehension of humor. Yvette went behind Divinity, bending down she grabbed Divinity and lifted her onto her shoulders. "Ve'll see you all at mall! Hold on, Bestie-Divinty!" Yvette warned. An acceleration gate forming before bolting through it with Divinity.

[Rel]
"Oh wow! You guys are the classmates I'm supposed to be meeting, told you we'd find them Fugue!" She smile, the hawk ruffling it's feathers in response. Rel blushed bashfully at being called cute, and the attention she was getting "Y-Yep, that's me. Rel Mydrayall Maki! It's nice to meet you all. Magnus is the one who told me of the part, since I can't read too well...or at all" she gestured to her eyes.

At Serenity's prodding, Fugue let out a hiss, pecking at the girl's hand. "Oh, Fugue. Don't be rude" she chastised, turning in a circle (likely assuming she was facing Serenity). "Don't worry, Fugue is nice!" She paused for a second "b-best to not try and touch him though." Rel's eyes widened as she smiled brightly, "I know your voice!" Rel smiled brightly, Fugue began flapping his left wing causing Rel to turn the same direction "You stuffed me in a bag!" She reached out her hand to Serenity, "It's nice to meet you again!"

"I wouldn't mind being carried!" Rel mentioned as she looked expectantly, referring to Divinity and Oran. "It could give Fugue a break from navigation!"
Errant Singularity
Errant Singularity

Sun May 27, 2018 9:41 am
"I'd prefer..." Thinking over it, Clare shook her head for a moment, trying to consider her options. She considered both sides, while simply fixing the voices may make it better, removing the memory of it may make her entirely ungrateful to him. "You can do what you must, but leave the memory of the incident in tact. I'd rather not forget what you fixed." She closed her eyes, untensing a little as relief came over her. This would be over soon.

Serenity snapped her finger back, jumping a little in the spot as the bird assaulted her. Checking for blood, she stopped as Rel recalled being placed in a bag. "I don't think you're.... Wait, oh yeah. You were wandering around asking for directions... Ah hah... I kinda panicked when I was doing that, sorry." She looked over at one of the bags, considering whether the girl would need it now or now. Hearing she'd be being transported by Oran instead she shouted "Yes! Er, uh... Nothing."

Last edited by Errant Singularity on Sun May 27, 2018 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Shadow Uchiha
Shadow Uchiha

Sun May 27, 2018 9:46 am
Silver kept quiet as he watched the others as he heard and saw Divinity get angry for the first time as his eyes widen in shock never seeing such a nice person get so angry as he hid a smirk knowing that he was right on that Divinity can be utterly scary when provoked. As he looked away wondering what to do in the mall with the others since this might be an interesting time to have fun with them as he spoke softly to Divinity so that only she can hear it clearly "I don't know much about friends nor hanging out with anyone...so I might need some help on this..." as he does want to have friends but still unsure on how things will go as he felt bummed out and kinda cranky on not...

After hearing what Yvette said to Silver about his actions with Justine, he looks away and mutters a sorry to Yvette as he put his hands in his pockets as he stares towards where the mall is as he took a quick glance at the sky seeing the stars and enjoying the nature as he began to looks forward again and is taking a step forward and mutters something in Japanese under his breath. He thought to himself on that if he went to far on what Justin did and maybe should apologise...maybe a hug? he grunted feeling really annoyed with this new aspect. He then looks at Yvette carrying Serenity as he raised an eyebrow bemused as he then spoke again "I think you might've didn't hear me but...I was worried about you during that exam...and I am glad your alright and uhh..?" as he squinted in annoyance trying to not sound weird or stupid "Lets all have fun in this mall as great friends?"
Naro
Naro

Sun May 27, 2018 1:15 pm
“Alright” he picked up Rel and played her on his shoulder. He noticed that the hawk didn’t leave her place not even while being picked up “You’re hawk seems pretty cool, Fugue was it? A service animal i always on duty i guess. But he can’t rest for a while, I’ll be your eyes for now.” Varen took off tuning by using one of his auras, then Yvette picked up Divinity and took off as well. That left Rel, Silver, and Serenity with him “Yeah I’m not running, anyway let’s go catch up with them.”

After a long walk to get to the mall Oran finally regrouped with the rest of his classmates. The mall was lively as a ever, it was the weekend so there was a lot of people trying to buy stuff or hang out with friends, just like them right now. He placed Rel down before stretching out “The mall is packed! Well let’s try to regroup with Magnus and the others. Then we can buy stuff for the party” just as he began walking Oran remembered something. So he turned around and began walking the other way towards the food court “Actually I’m going to look for something, I’ll be right back!”
Iskios
Iskios
Admin
Admin

Sun May 27, 2018 1:27 pm
Errant Singularity wrote:"I'd prefer..." Thinking over it, Clare shook her head for a moment, trying to consider her options. She considered both sides, while simply fixing the voices may make it better, removing the memory of it may make her entirely ungrateful to him. "You can do what you must, but leave the memory of the incident in tact. I'd rather not forget what you fixed." She closed her eyes, untensing a little as relief came over her. This would be over soon.

Serenity snapped her finger back, jumping a little in the spot as the bird assaulted her. Checking for blood, she stopped as Rel recalled being placed in a bag. "I don't think you're.... Wait, oh yeah. You were wandering around asking for directions... Ah hah... I kinda panicked when I was doing that, sorry." She looked over at one of the bags, considering whether the girl would need it now or now. Hearing she'd be being transported by Oran instead she shouted "Yes! Er, uh... Nothing."

An eyebrow was raised when he heard Clare's decision, it certainly wasn't what he expected from her. He cleared his throat and spoke up, "Alright, then if your decision is made I'm ready to do this. You won't feel a thing." Magnus rested his left hand on top of Clare's head, and searched through her memories to check for any changes that could have occurred from recalling those memories. After making the proper adjustments, it just became a simple process of reversing what he had done to cause this. He replaced his voice in her memories with the correct voices that he archived automatically the first time he'd accessed her memories. It wasn't like he'd archived those original memories on purpose, but his power automatically kept them from the moment he'd seen those memories on the first place. It was over not long after he started. Putting his hand away he smiled, "And that should do it."
Shadow Uchiha
Shadow Uchiha

Sun May 27, 2018 2:07 pm
Silver walked towards the mall with the rest of the others with his hands in his pockets as he closed his eyes as he looks around the mall feeling slightly overwhelmed by it all as he slightly shifted a bit while acting and looking as he always have: calm, distant and cool.
Errant Singularity
Errant Singularity

Sun May 27, 2018 2:33 pm
Feeling the hand atop her head, Clare readied for whatever Magnus had to do. She'd often heard the term 'won't feel a thing' just before something painful happened. However, this was a pleasant surprise, as the moment passed on in silence before he was done his work. Closing her eyes and thinking back to one of her earliest memories, making lemonade with her older sister, she was quite happy to hear the proper voice now. It was almost eerie for a moment to hear him speak, forgetting that she heard him through her ears as well.

Patting her slightly staticced hair down, she let on a tiny smile without noticing. "Ah, thank you... Everything's better now, your powers are very unique... I'm not sure I'd want them, actually. I prefer to keep things physical." She pointed to a potted plant nearby, swiping a single finger through the air and plucking a leaf from it with her spheres, dropping it at Magnus' feet.  "Oh, when I was shopping, I bought you and Nagare something too. Nothing much, really." Walking past him, she picked up the two boxes meant for Nagare and Magnus, placing them on small obsidian platforms and floating them to their owners. "Just press down on the lock on the side with your thumb, then rotate it halfway, and press harder then, it'll pop open, like this." Demonstrating with a pair of other spheres turned to hand, she popped the boxes open. Inside Nagares was a green tourmaline, cut in a traditional circular shape, and Magnus' had a yellow zircon in an old fashion emerald cut.
DannyGirl~
DannyGirl~

Sun May 27, 2018 4:33 pm
Giggling softly to herself as Yvette proudly held up her debit card, Divinity patted her purse as she grinned. Discounts would be nice, even if she also made from a wealthy family saving a bit of her allowance never hurt.
Turning her gaze to Justin as Yvette began to stutter, Divinity's eyes widened with realization. On top of the gesture being a bit of a culture shock, she probably didn't know about the specifics of his powers. "Oh, don't worry Yvette! Justin's power is luck... Which just means he's extremely lucky. A really cool part of his power is that he can boost your own luck by kissing you, which Oran claims works wonders but I haven't figured out why yet." Shrugging her shoulders as she grinned, Divinity waved goodbye to the blonde as he bid his farewell before continuing. "Basically, he's a walking good luck charm."
Gritting her teeth as Varen suddenly buzzed off, the young woman eventually shrugged her shoulders with a sigh. It wasn't as if she could change his mind about what he'd said and make him apologize, for now she'd just keep space between them.
"A-Ah!" Spreading her arms out and waving them around for balance as Yvette suddenly squatted and pulled her onto her shoulders, Divinity clung to her shirt with both hands in shock. "Hey, I was just joking-" She started before being blasted forward towards the mall.
At first she was terrified.
A week with little to no strength didn't exactly bode well for her grip strength.
Or her attitude apparently.
However after taking in a few deep breaths, Divinity found herself beginning to chuckle. And then, she found herself laughing brightly. "That was awesome!" She cheered as Yvette halted in front of the mall, running her hands back through her hair after her friend had set her down. What a rush. Reaching into her purse, Divinity held the metal medallion tightly and closed her eyes for a moment before finally speaking. Focusing on shifting through the memories of the keepsake in order to find all the words she needed. "Vy mozhete dat' luchshiye attraktsiony, chem Oran." She teased in a whisper as she opened her eyes once again, winking as she placed a finger to her lips. Had she told the joke in English, she wasn't sure Yvette would've interpreted it correctly. It probably would've been similar to how she'd reacted to her first jest. Releasing the necklace and pulling her hand from her purse as the others finally arrived, Divinity's smile melted into an inquisitive look as Oran suddenly ran off. Where was he going? Eventually shrugging the thought off, the blonde grabbed Yvettes hand before pulling her inside. "Let's go find some cute clothes for the party!"
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum